MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If I could give this negative stars I would. I always trust these reviews and often end up baffled by all the positive reviews. That was definitely the case with this product. I would do a PROS/CONS list, but there were no PROS. This product is horrible for the following reasons...
- Completely un-natural looking
- No coverage
- Goes on uneven
- Rubs off on anything/everything. Don't touch your face!
- Settles into fine lines and makes you look old
This is one of the worst foundations I've ever bought. I'd rather buy a $10 drugstore foundation than this.

on 3/12/2018 4:33:00 PM

This is one of the best foundations, certainly the best by MAC and my absolute go-to foundation in summer. I’m normally NC25-NC30 so I go between C3 and C4. It gives light coverage, perfect match with skin, quite sheer texture but still evens out the skin perfectly. I like the plastic bottle packaging, easy to adjust the amount you need and easy to carry around. You need to shake it well each time you use it.

This is how I apply: only with hands, I warm a good amount between my fingers. I spread it onto my face, including eyelids and undereyes with light circular motions and this way it sets instantly. It’s sticky at first, but once it dries it stays put. No need to set it with powder, I only apply a mattifying powder on the t-zone. I apply it over my sunscreen and it doesn’t clog up or make your skin feel heavy. You need to wash your hands with soap as it doesn’t remove easily.
In the evening I massage cream cleanser and wipe it off with micellar water to remove it.
I buy the larger bottle and it lasts for a very long time, also great value for money. For reference, I’m 41, have normal skin that tends to be oily in summer and I’ve been using this foundation for more than 10 years.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the formula and the way it sits on my skin. Unfortunately, there is no matching shade available for me during the winter. I have very pale skin and a neutral skin tone, and the lightest foundation is just too pink. The alternative is the second lightest and it is too dark (a bit too yellow too). However, I can use it for some part of the summer before I get some actual tan going. I think it’s very sad, since I do love the formula. It’s moisturising and does not hide my freckles.

Looove it! It is definitely for those good skin days. I find it applies best with fingers. The feeling while applying is a bit funky cause it gets kinda tacky while you work it in. You can build it a tiny bit, but don’t expect it to cover acne scars or pigmentation. It looks like skin and doesn’t transfer. Great product!

on 2/15/2018 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this foundation prior to today! I was introduced to MAC F&B by a MAC makeup artist. Had never heard of it, prior to then. I have dry skin, which can be flaky due to Retin A use. In my youth I had a bit of oil in my T Zone, but that is long gone these days. This foundation is amazing! If you are looking for light, dewy coverage that doesn’t cling to dry patches or emphasize pores then this is your product. I now buy on MAC Online as I can get the large bottle which makes this foundation a very good value. Fingers, for me, is the only way to apply this foundation and you need to apply in “zones” on your face. Start in an area such as cheek, apply, rub until you notice the tackiness and then pat into skin until set. Finish each area of face this way until done. On my skin this retains a tacky feeling for a few minutes but then sets down and I have never powdered and get about 8 hours of wear. This can be built up in layers if you desire, but be sure to wait until first layer has set before trying another. If you’re looking for a dewy product that evens out your skin but has a natural skin like finish this is worth a try. I do think due to its ingredients and it’s “film forming” properties that you should absolutely use a good oil based makeup balm or oil, to remove and use your other cleanser after, as a double cleanse. Wears well over sunscreen and moisturizer. The color N1 is good for my cool toned light skin. C1 causes a very green look on my skin, due to yellow undertone of foundation.

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Dislike. It has some good qualities because its definitely buildable, but the coverage is sheer and its sticky and requires drying time. You have to be really careful with color match. It doesnt wear well unless you use primer and fixing spray

on 2/13/2018 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is really the best foundation in the world! And I’ll tell you why: firstly, foundations are meant to be used to correct the tone of your complexion, not to mask the skin completely; hence the need of a concealer to help colour correct to achieve a final all over consistent tone. This foundation does that perfectly without making you look cakey or uneven. Secondly, this photographs so beautifully!! I think it’s because of its ability to become one with your skin. And finally, it doesn’t dry out, flake, make you oily, or break apart - and I’ve tested this all day and night! However that is providing you use the right moisturiser/primer. I love the embrolleyse cream! This seriously outperformed my GA Luminous silk!! MAC you nailed it!

on 1/28/2018 4:44:00 PM

I really wanted t love this but... I put it on in the morning and it caked up, low coverage, and made me soooo shiny by the end of the day. This week I was trying out new ways to use old foundations, I found a way to use this that I liked, I don't really know how it was throughout the day because I hate looking in the mirror just in case I look awful but after three days of using it it broke me out a little and I don't want it to get any worse so I have stopped and will stop.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I kept seeing it in blog posts, and also because I was looking for something to mix my trustee BarePro liquid foundation with. It's a thin, extremely blendable sheer foundation- more like a tint, actually. What I love about this is that it's not heavy at all. I was afraid it would be too rich because I see a lot of dried-skinned folks using this, but it has the lightest consistency. If you compare it with the Glossier Skin Tint, Mac Face and Body feels way lighter and less greasy. It's great for days where you just want to even out your skin (don't forget sunscreen though) or if like me, you have a full coverage foundation that you absolutely adore but need more of an "everyday" coverage. I'm very impressed and will likely repurchase.

on 1/20/2018 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Finding a good foundation is a mission impossible for me these days.I have dehydrated skin and almost all foundations cling to my dry patches and get flakey.my forehead looks shiney in half an hour.I have little acne scars on my cheeks,dark circles under my eyes and my skin has a pinkish undertone on my cheeks which I dislike,while it looks yellowish above my upper lip
I need something light so that it won't stick to my dry patches,at the same time I need enough coverage to cover redness and acne marcs
The only foundation that works for me is collistar super-moisturizing foundation,it could be my HG foundation if I had it in the right shade.I have it in shade 4(amber) while in all other foundations I use shade 1 or 2.but I couldn't find it in right shade so decided to start looking for my HG foundation in other brands
I started searching and reading reviews and I listed options from each brand that looked good for me.Mac Face&Body was in that list
There's not a mac cosmetic branch in Iran but I saw one in Tbilisi,Georgia..I was in hurry so I had to buy it without testing it.
It's 50mil was 42.5$ and it's 120mil was 58$..I chose 50mil size because I wasn't sure it will work for me
I bought shade 01 and it's the perfect shade for me.I'm happy that it's not yellow or orange.It has neutral tone and thanks to it's sheer coverage I think it can suit all fair-light skins
It has liquid texture.first times,I used a damp beauty blender to apply it but it soaked a lot of product so I had to use a lot of foundation and even then,it gave me very sheer coverage,even less than a tinted moisturizer but now I use brush to apply it all over my face,then I blend it with a damp Beatty blender with soft tapping motions.this way it gives me medium coverage.
It has a natural finish which is my favorite for daily use.not matte,not dewy.unlike most other foundations with sheer to medium coverage it doesn't make my skin look oily and the most important thing is that it doesn't cling to my dry patches and doesn't look cakey at all,even though I sometimes I use huge amounts of it.I use clinique moisture serge or clinique pep start sunscreen & moisturizer or bioderma atoderm cream(which comes in white package with blue pomp)or uriage aquaprectis gelcream as base and it goes well with all of them
It feels light and comfortable on skin.I'm even happy with it's longevity but I dampen my beautyblender with nyx dewy spray or mac preb&prime spray so they may effect longevity of my foundation
The only thing about it which isn't perfect is it's coverage.not bad for daily wear.it evens out my skin but isn't enough to fully cover my tiny acne scars or my dark cycles.I use LA girl proconceal in peach shade to color correct my dark cycles,then use caprice concealer..or just use maybelline age rewind concealer alone..sometimes I use mac CC loose powder in lavender shade to set my foundation.I only use it on my forehead,dark cycles and nose because I don't like my face to look too matte and powdery.this loose powder gives me perfect coverage and flawless look that I wanted
All in all I'm very happy with this foundation.there's still a long list of foundations which I'd like to dry but if I wasn't looking for adventure of trying new things,I'd definitely repurchase it,this time in it's 120mil package,which is by the way,very travel-friendly