MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 5/2/2018 5:34:00 PM

I like this foundation, i was looking for something with natural coverage, like a tinted moisturizer. This is great because it doesn’t cling onto my dry spots, like all my other foundations do. I use retinoids, so I always have dry, flakey skin and this foundation doesn’t emphasize them. I apply this with my fingers because a sponge would just soak up all the product since it’s so lightweight. My only complaint is that the colour range isn’t too good as even C1 is too orange for me. I have a paler yellow olive skin tone, but I’m okay with it only because the coverage is so light it melts into my skin and warms it up. Overall I really like this and might purchase the 120ml size.

EDIT: I've been breaking out like crazy lately, with cystic acne on my chin area and I'm trying to figure out what is causing it. My prime suspect is this honestly because I've been using this a lot more lately so this could really be it. I'm going to start wearing the Estee Lauder DoubleWear from now on and I'll see if anything changes. (I'm secretly hoping it is this foundation that's breaking me out because then having clear skin again would be an easy fix, ill just stop using this HOWEVER I actually really liked this foundation because it was so lightweight and natural!)

on 4/29/2018 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After wanting to try this for years I found a limited color selection at Nordstroms. It was a little difficult finding a color to begin with as they tended to be yellow based even in N. This foundation was such a let down. No coverage. Did not look nice to build upon. And where is the dewiness? Yes, i doubled up on moisturizer but still was just awful. Returned.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the first foundation I’ve tried. I love how sheer it is, not heavy or fake looking at all. I have oily spots and it doesn’t help that at all. I’m going to try other brands but I know this one is good enough.

on 4/26/2018 2:06:00 PM

This foundation is WONDERFUL. I searched for a foundation I liked for almost a year and could never find anything I was looking for. I am not interested in looking like I'm wearing foundation, I like it to look like my skin. I wanted it to blur blemishes and even my skin tone. I wanted something that did not cling to dry patches, let my skin breathe and didn't cover my face in oil. I got everything from this foundation. I have FINALLY found my holy grail. I have dry skin but my t-zone (specifically my forehead) tends to get very shiny. This make up has a dewy finish and I ALWAYS use a setting powder and setting spray. I use mineral veil from bare minerals as the powder and it prevents my face from getting shiny. After, I use the MAC prep + prime setting spray. It sets the make up, for real it lasts all day with maybe some minor touch ups, and it also hydrates my skin without getting shiny. I say this foundation goes either way for dry skin - oily skin as long as you set it and want to look great without looking like your wearing anything! Also! A little more about the product, it has a watery consistency so I apply with my fingers, after massaging it into the skin and spreading it, it will start to get thick and "sticky" but still smooth. I've had this bottle approx. 3 months and I'ts still not empty!

EDIT!!!!!!!!! UGH This foundation unfortunately caused me to break out. At first it really wasn't so bad and I was just going to say screw it and let it happen but it is not surprisingly getting much worse. SAD DAY FOR ME. Still giving it a 4 for those who it will not cause break outs

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect foundation if, like me, you're looking for a natural-looking foundation that's light but buildable. It smoothens out your skin for that no-make-up look. It's very lightweight - perfect for warm, humid climates. It's great for everyday wear and holds up fairly well to my usual 12-hour days. Two thumbs up!

on 4/16/2018 3:51:00 PM

If you like a natural , lightweight and dewy finish this foundation could be for you! It’s a sheer / light coverage. If you prefer full coverage do not buy this!! Can be built up but not enough for medium coverage. It isn’t long lasting and can look oily throughout the day too. If you have oily skin either avoid or use a good powder. Packaging is a squeezy bottle which I like because it’s travel friendly & lightweight. In the UK it’s £25.50 which isn’t a bad price for a high end foundation. You can buy in a smaller bottle and in larger ones which I probably will do next time this runs out. This is one of my go to foundations and I have relatively clear but dry skin.

on 3/30/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation: I’m usually a NC42 and I use C5 in the Face and Body Foundation. I’m combo-oily with medium pore size on my cheeks with a bit of redness all across my cheeks and nose.
The trick to love this foundation is to apply it with your fingers. I tried it with a brush (didn’t like the finish) and a sponge (a no-no and not buildable at all with it). When you apply it with your fingers, you can feel the consistency getting tacky as you blend it into your skin and that’s when you know you’ve got it right!
Very lightweight with a natural sheer finish, you can build it to a low-medium coverage but if you have severe hyperpigmentation or acne scars, you will not like this foundation.
I feel like it’s impossible to look cakey with this foundation as it never clings to my occasional dry patches (more often during winter time) and it’s the reason why I love it so much. I powder down the very dewy finish and it can get slightly oily during the day but the foundation never breaks down, it just gets glowy-ier. It’s a very good every day foundation.

on 3/26/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've become spoilt by that Mac F&B tacky/sinking in magic. You know-that point where it just melts into your skin and feels like it's become one with your face? Just a few weeks ago I finished up a bottle of the C1, and figured I'd tuck into a Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I'd purchased earlier this winter (B10-wee light, but still doable on my nc20 skin). The Chanel is very nice, don't get me wrong. And I'll happily finish up the bottle. Especially at $50 bucks a pop. But the kicker is that, while the Aqua is pretty similar to the F&B in density, texture, and watery ease of application, I'm still waiting every morning for it to sink in like the F&B would do. And, of course, it doesn't. No offense to Chanel there, as I've never had any other liquid foundation do what F&B does.
And I miss it! Oh, and the Aqua is a bit of a lighter coverage foundation than the F&B also. Not too much, but I can still tell. So there will come a day later this year when I'll happily return to that old F&B magic!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a more sheer and glowy foundation to wear for university graduation and related events so I didn't look too overdone.

This is going to be perfect! It builds up to a light medium coverage and I don't have to set it at all, which is a huge plus for my very dry skin. I've tried a beauty sponge and brushes for application but I'd recommend fingers for the best result. I use Wayne Goss' method of warming it in my hands, then rubbing it on my face and just when it starts getting tacky, smoothing it down in the direction of face hairs. It gives the most amazing glowy, glossy filtered face effect and I can't put it down!

on 3/23/2018 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation! Its the most natural looking foundation I've ever used and perfect for days when I want to look like I dont wear makeup. I have dry skin and this gives me a perfect dewy finish. Its best applied with your fingers and has a watery consistency that feels very hydrating on the skin. I have the big bottle and it lasts forever. The only con is that it doesn't redness or spots, so dont use if you want high coverage.