MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just can't get on with Face and Body for the face, as much as I want to. My skin is pretty dry, but even I find it to be too runny and wet looking with little coverage. Its just a bit pointless isn't it? Cheap though.

on 2/12/2019 11:22:00 AM

I love this foundation when my skin is looking good and I just need to even out some slight discoloration. It is sheer to light coverage but can be built with multiple applications.

The finish is so natural that it is hard to detect that I am wearing it it. I like to apply with a sponge and push into my skin rather than wiping across.

This topped with a light layering of MAC powder, and a little concealer under the eyes is just about all I wear during the warmer months on the Gulf Coast. It isn’t sweatproof, but when I sweat while wearing it I do not have trails running down my face nor do I look like my face is melting!

The Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation is near an exact dupe, but more expensive. I will stick to my MAC!

Mac Face and Body Foundation

I got this foundation a while back because I wanted to give it a try.

However, I knew and heard about it beforehand because it's known for the natural finish that it gives.

Perfect for me and an everyday makeup look, I do not like a heavy or full coverage foundation, this isn't my cup of tea when it comes to my daily makeup!

So, I tested it out plus tried it out in various application methods, so that I thought, I could share these with you guys as well.

Pros:

- long-wearing
- lightweight
- natural finish

Cons:

- not fragrance-free
- not many shades available

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really enjoy using this. I am Acne Prone with some acne scars / pigmentation and would repurchase this again. It's a great sheer foundation that evens out your skintone and makes you look glowly. If I have a spot I don't layer this up i just put concealer on the trouble area and powder over my t-zone. it's great no fuss.

on 2/5/2019 8:30:00 AM

this is a great foundation for dry skin, i recommend it using it with your hands instead of a brush or a sponge.
it gives the most beautiful finish, dewy and skin like.
the problem is that it breaks me out so i cannot use it and it stains everything that it touches, so i would highly recommend being very careful with your clothes when you use it.

on 1/29/2019 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite foundation! Gives your skin such a beautiful dewy finish. I either use my fingers or my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply. You can easily build it up from light to medium coverage without it looking cakey at all. I set my t-zone with Sephora Microsmooth Baked Foundation Powder (a great dupe for MAC MSF Natural) and this combo is perfection. For reference I am C3 or NC35 in the winter, and C4 or NC 40-42 in the summer.

on 1/24/2019 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was my favorite foundation for a long time. I still love it actually but I realized that it broke me out really badly every time I wore it. Dimethicone is the second ingredient and silicones don’t agree with my skin! It makes me sad that I can’t use this because the price is fair if you buy the big bottle and it is so natural and pretty. I can get too greasy looking on me but I am oily. There is a reason this was my favorite for a long time. Only recently did I make the connection what I used to cover my pimples was actually the cause of some of them. The shades are flexible so there isn’t much stress that it will match you. It never sets down and transfers horribly. It has a tendency to slide as well depending on your moisturizer and primer. It lasts a good amount of time for a sheer foundation. At least 6 hours on me. I switched to mufe water blend it has a similar finish but not silicones. A little less coverage but a excellent substitute if your skin is sensitive like mine

on 1/23/2019 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this so much. My shade is C1.
It has replaced almost all my favourite foundations (most of them Erborians), as it doesn't conflict with any of my moisturizers or primers, is a breeze to apply, looks absolutely seamless and natural, but provides sheer coverage where you don't need much of it, and adding a layer gives you more coverage instantly, without looking like you have something on your skin.

Doesn't cause any problems to my sensitive/reactive skin.
It's light enough to be used in summer (though our summers are moderate and Northern climate-dryish), but I love it in winter, too.

My other absolute fav, that is also really quick and super-easy to use, with approximately the same amount of coverage, is Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Base, in shade Golden Ivory 1W.

on 12/22/2018 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been around for so long and received so many reviews, there's probably not a whole lot I could add to the conversation, but I'll try, because I love this foundation. And I do mean LOVE - if this was discontinued, I would feel lost, it's such a unique product and it's my everyday foundation.

The first thing to mention is the texture, which probably is the main thing that makes this so unique: It'a a water-based foundation (remember to shake it!), so straight from the bottle, it's very watery and very sheer. I think it's best applied with fingers - it'll make a brush sticky and a sponge seems counterintuitive with an already watery, sheer foundation.

As you work it in, the texture changes; it thickens and becomes tackier, more opaque. It's very buildable, so you can start off with a sheer base, work up the coverage, and add layers as needed. Moving it around and working it is key for coverage - if you just apply this evenly like you would a "regular" foundation, it'll end up very very sheer. It takes a while for it to set, and it often remains tacky:ish in places, so even on my dry skin, I need a blotting or setting powder.

I have never had this look cakey, and it never seems to emphasise dryness, flakes, rough patches or pores. It just kind of glides on and brightens, evens out, adds glow, and provides as much coverage as you choose to build up. (I doubt you could get full coverage out of this, though.) If you have more noticeable blemishes, you will need a concealer on top of this, but for me, any foundation that covers as much as a concealer is too much - I like my foundation to look like skin, but better.

A little goes a long way; a few drops can cover your entire face if you like it sheer, and a few more will add coverage. I get the 120 ml bottle for about 40 euro, but it lasts for a long, long time even if I use it daily, so in that context, I think it's very affordable. I've heard that over time, it can separate or change in texture somehow - I've never had that happen, but if you don't plan on using it often, there is also a 50 ml bottle available.

Looking at the MAC website, there's surprisingly few shades available, but you can probably mix them. I use C1 with white mixed in. I have yellow undertones but I'm prone to redness in some areas, and the C1 evens that out nicely.

There's no SPF in Face & Body, and I think it's supposed to be water proof, or at least water resistant, but let me tell you from experience (unfortunately) that if you cry wearing this, it does come off. Maybe not if it's a regular little wedding cry, but pretty quickly if it's like a when-Mufasa-dies cry or a just-got-broken-up-with-and-I-feel-like-someone-stabbed-my-soul cry.

PROS:
- Versatile! Buildable from very sheer to a good medium.
- Texture: looks like skin, but really helps even out the look of dryness and enlarged pores.
- Dewy finish that looks nice on dry and/or mature skin.
- Relatively affordable as an everyday foundation because a little goes a long way.
- Best applied with fingers, you don't need to get any tools dirty.
- Never seems to cake, ever.

CONS:
- Really different texture compared to most foundations, so there's a bit of a learning curve with the application.
- Takes a while to set, and even when it sets, it doesn't completely dry down. (So I don’t really know how you would use it on the body and not have it transfer to your clothes.)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

It radiates, perfects, beautifies, and lasts. It's the foundation that really defines what foundation is supposed to do for the skin with the addition of being "photogenic". I feel like it should be the benchmark. RMS Un-Cover is the hippie cousin. Armani is the glam aunt with a sugar daddy. Glossier Skin Tint is its acne safe baby sister. And Koh Gen Do Aqua is the Asian ( I'm finding that saying that whatever is being done, an Asian is perfecting is too true with this lol. Aqua obliterates the Face and Body like Mike Tyson did Michael Spinks). This incredibly economical for the quality. You can get 4 oz for less than $40. Practically free if you need to use foundation often. But not great for acne prone and clog prone skin. I figured I should put that out there for precaution. Nothing worse than having pimples, trying to get them controlled, and using something that adds to the problem. The criminal ingredients are stearic acid and talc, two well documented acnegenic ingredients. Sad to say this because it gets my skin tone just right...I'm the C5 shade. For everyone else, if you want a happy skin foundation this is a great start. You'll probably not check anything else if you love it.