MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

This totally lives up to the hype! I purchased this on a whim after hearing such great things about it on the makeup board. I saw it at a CCO and figured "Why not?" I wasn't sure about the color match as I'm usually an NW20-ish and that wasn't an option. So I picked the one that looked about right. It's...about right, lol. Maybe a hair on the yellow side, but it blends SO well into the skin that you can't even notice a difference. I use two layers for a bit more coverage and then some concealer over problem areas. I top it with Coty Airspun powder and my normally oily face stays relatively matte until at LEAST lunchtime! I love that this foundation isn't so heavy. I normally wear full coverage mattifying foundations to combat the oiliness, and they usually crease and smudge off. Not so with this foundation. Also, I used to have issues with MAC foundations breaking me out. I've had no such issues with this one. LOVE this foundation!! Will repurchase - probably in the larger size!

on 11/28/2013 1:37:00 PM

This contains orange essential oil, a known photo-sensitizer. This has wreaked havoc with my pigmentation and freckles! It may be a lovely natural looking foundation, but if you have pigmentation of any kind, I'd give this a wide berth.

on 10/24/2013 5:45:00 PM

Wow this foundation has a good rating for a reason and now after purchasing it myself I know why. I called MAC online because the nearest MAC store is an hour away and I like shopping at home. Anyways I told the SA that I us NW20 in the Studio Fix powder and couldn't decide between N1 or N2? Well I was thinking N1 and that's exactly what she recommended. Reason being I have a very cool undertone and I get red so easily it's ridiculous. I am a natural blonde with green eyes and the N1 is beyond perfect it looks just like my skin.

I have been double cleansing in the colder months facial oil then foam cleanser then tone. I then use aha or RA, serum, then moisturizer, sometimes a sleeping pack at night. Day same thing minus the deeper moisturizer and I try to stick with water based products I like using Fix+ because this foundation is water based. I haven't used a primer with this yet though I'm going to try some on days where I need my MU to last. I do apply this with my fingers I don't like applying bases with my hands but sometimes it's what we must do.

I warm this up between my hands and apply. I find I don't need a second layer my skin is finally clear and even so I really like the light coverage. I then use Tarte concealer and either a MAC powder or I use Tarte's to set my foundation. I love the finish of this stuff it's gorgeous because it just looks like skin!My BF had no idea I was wearing anything;) I have finally found something besides Asian BB Creams that I will use a lot. I reach for this all the time because it lasts and looks great for such a long time. I use Fix+ to refresh and I'm good to go.

I went with the bigger bottle because if I need to darken for the Summer I can get a smaller N2 but for now this colour will match me for quite a long time. It's definitely a good amount of product for the $$. The dewy finish is beautiful and it applies very easily. If you have to use a brush the SA said go with the 190 I have that brush and think it would waste product honestly so just have wipes on hand. I have to say this is an excellent foundation and if you don't have a lot of skin issues this will be awesome for you. Also I think this is good for all skin types except super dry, but I'm a believer that all is possible in makeup:)

It applies fantastic over moisturizer, SS, etc, and it lasts! And you just look like it's your skin just way better. I am so happy I finally got this after buying other products when I could have been using this all along. Either way I'm glad it's in my life now and I do recommend it. If you like heavy coverage this isn't for you and I think we all know that about this foundation by now. If you're late on the bandwagon like me...Get on! You won't regret it, it's simply an awesome foundation. Easy 5 lippie product! Highly Recommended!

on 10/15/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. MAC C2ish/NC20/25. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Some sun damage, (melasma) and fine creases on my forehead.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ The party line-->"A comfortable, lightweight fluid foundation with a unique blend of emollients that delivers low-to-medium buildable coverage and a natural satin finish. Moisturizing, long-wearing formula glides onto face and body providing stay-true colour."

PACKAGING~ It's very liquidy so you have to shake it up really well on each use and if you do that with the cap on there is leakage into the cap. Nothing that gets out of the cap, however, but, it is too messy for me so I take the cap off, put my finger over the little hole, and shake it that way.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~It's thin, with plenty of slip but quickly sets up, much like Estee Lauder Double Wear or Revlon ColorStay. It has NONE of the oil controlling properties of those foundations though so this is were the similarity ends. Just an example of how it sets on its own.

APPLICATION~I put a quarter sized amount in my hands and rub it until it starts to resist, like, it sets up and get stiff, then I apply it with my hands. Very blendable.

FINISH~The finish is satin and hands down, the highest pigmented coupled with most natural foundation I've ever used. Now, there are some that cover more but you will sacrifice natural looking of course. But, if you apply the way I do, it will give you medium coverage and that's something for the natural look you get!

COVERAGE~Light to medium, depending on application.

STAYING POWER~Well, it's slippery XD but it does set nicely. I use powder over it and often also StudioFix powder because I love that polished look and it does require touch ups with powder throughout the day because it isn't oil controlling or anything like that. However, the colour doesn't fade at all. I just use it over a good primer and it works so well on my oily skin. I love it!

SCENT~None.

COLOUR~I use C2 and to me is pretty much C25. I can roll with C20 or 25 usually though so this works quite well for me. I alternate C20 and 25 powder as needed with it.

OVERALL~I cannot believe I'm just reviewing this now! It's been a much loved staple for years now, I adore it. It does slip around as the day wears on, especially in the summer. But, I live in a cool climate so I can generally wear it year round. It's natural looking, gives more coverage than anything this natural looking in any brand including other MAC foundations. This does not cause acne anymore than any other substantial coating I put on my skin. It's a masterpiece in makeup!

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

on 10/3/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

So far I really like this foundation. It's not a perfect match to my skin (N1) because I'm so fair, but I set it with a lighter powder to combat that. I find that if I don't let my moisturizer sink in completely before I apply this, the foundation will streak and then slip off. It also layers pretty well but I have to let each layer set before I add another. The coverage is minimal but that's why I bought it, because I wanted something light and breathable. So far I really enjoy the look and feel of this foundation and will keep using it until I find reason not to.

UPDATE: I found a solution for the slight lack of coverage and color issue. I mix 3 parts of the MAC foundation in N1, and 1 part of my DINAIR airbrush foundation in Vanilla. This gives it just a little more coverage, fixes the color match issue, AND I enjoy the consistency a lot more. I'm still only giving this 4 stars because I find my other products don't layer as well over it. But so far, I'm REALLY liking this!

on 9/2/2013 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this foundation, I don't love it though. Pros: non-working, lightweight Cons: doesn't last all day and I don't find it all that buildable

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Everything I knew about this foundation before I bought it, I learned from MUA reviews. If you have the time, definitely read through them; there's a ton of good information here.

I'm a smidge lighter than NC15, and leaning more neutral than yellow. I bought this in N2, since that is the lightest they had at my local Nordstrom counter. N2 is too dark and yellow for me. MAC sells a white F&B but I didn't really want to order that, so I just used the Temptu Aqua in White I had at home and mixed it with the N2 in a smaller squeeze bottle with some ball bearings to agitate. The Temptu is a liquid, water-based makeup created for airbrushing. Because they are both water-based, they mix together well. (Temptu also sells silicone and alcohol based makeup--don't use those. They are not compatible formulas.)

So far I've only applied this with my hands. I put a little puddle in my palm, dip a couple of fingers in, and firmly rub it into my skin in circles. I rub until the texture changes to a drier, stiffer feel. It's pretty crazy, really. Then I repeat on the rest of my face. Whatever is left in my hand, I rub between my palms and press my hands into my skin. Follow up with concealer if needed, a bit of loose powder, and that's it! It's really fast and looks really pretty. It's very dewy, sheer, polished, and fresh

on 8/26/2013 10:07:00 AM

This foundation actually drives me insane! Everything about it for me is perfect the texture is lovely the dewy finish goes perfect with my dry skin but I can't seem to get enough coverage! Argh!!! I keep playing with application because I've seen I few reviews that say it takes awhile to learn to work with buy at the moment as a daily use its going under my old foundation, it seems do be providing a nice finish actually :| I just wish I could use it as 1 foundation on its own. Oh actually 1 grumble would be the packaging the nozzle is messy and can cause waste if your not careful when squeezing the product out.

This review is for Mac Face and Body used on legs. I have the sort of pale, transparent skin that shows up every imperfection and also a tendency for thread veins. For many years I refused to get my legs out, even at the height of summer, and then a few years ago I started using this (I have N1 and N2). It has opened up my summer wardrobe possibilities and changed my attitude to the whole season. Do not be put off if it doesn't go on well at first. I actually bought this maybe 10 years ago, tried it, thought it streaky and ineffectual and discarded it. I found it during a clear out and gave it a second chance. To my great surprise all I could see when I looked down were even-toned, tan legs. Not perfect, but definitely good enough. It's very liquid which makes it ideal for using on larger areas such as legs and it sets dry to the touch within a couple of minutes. It does not come off until you wash it off with soap. I have had some very slight transference onto the inside seams of a white skirt - but then I wouldn't have been able to wear such a thing in the first place before I discovered this. I wish I'd found this product earlier and, if you have similar issues to mine, I recommend it.

on 7/30/2013 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Holy Grail foundation! Absolutely love it! It's a light coverage foundation but depending on how you apply it the coverage can vary. For a fuller coverage I use my fingers and warm up the product and really work it into the skin. For a lighter coverage I use a flat top kabuki brush and buff it into the skin. Either way you apply it it is flawless and lasts ALL day. Being waterproof is a bonus too!