MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 3/16/2015 10:59:00 AM

I initialed reviewed this foundation on 1/2/06 (yes, I have been on this site for a really long time) and I deleted it in favor of an updated review since no one found my prior review helpful. I am really an N/NW10-15, but I bought this in C1 long ago, and I bought the same shade several years ago. It is too yellow for me, and if I purchased it again, I would get N1 in the smaller size. I got the 4 oz. size because I did not know it came in a smaller version. This is the only foundation I feel comfortable wearing on my body since it does not transfer. I also wear it on some days on my cheeks, which are dry. I don't wear it on my t-zone, which is oily, because I am afraid it would break me out. I shake the bottle, then pour some on the back of my hand. I (still) find that no matter how careful I am, I squirt out much too much product. I then apply it with my fingers, and when it starts to feel a little bit stiff, I let it set. I have to say, I haven't been happy wearing it on my cheeks recently. It seems to accentuate the pores in the upper part of my cheeks, and it doesn't blend all that easily. I just haven't found the finish to be as polished as I like it, and it isn't a great canvas for blush. I have to use powder before applying blush, which can get cakey on my dry skin.

It is a lightweight foundation that provides a light coverage. Feels very liquidy while applying so it is good it comes in a bottle with a small tip. You can't expect this foundation to cover any of the major imperfectness being it redness or pimples or pigmentation. It will all come through. Yet it is a good product for a "no make up" make up look. It does even out the skin colour a bit and delivers a natural satin finish. Don't think it will work well for very dry or oily skin types, but it is good for any skin type in the mid range.
Applies well with a stippling brush or fingers. Would not recommend a Beautyblender as it would be all soaked up.
You can use it on your body ofc as the name suggests. I don't find a lot of use for it.
--------------------------------
Also wanted to compare this foundation to MUFE Face & Body as they have the same name. The product though is not quite the same. MUFE foundation in my experience provides a better coverage being equally runny. It also lasts longer during the day and works well for oily skin types alongside with dry ones.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is absolutely wonderful, but you need to know what to expect from it. It is great if you are looking to just even out your skin tone, not if you need to cover anything major, that's what concealer is for anyway, right? It also leaves the most beautiful dewy finish, which is great for dry to normal skin types, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend if your skin is on the oiler side. I also love the color match! I'm about an NC25-35 and C3 is perfect on me. It is a tiny bit too dark when I am my palest, but it's so sheer that it just adds a beautiful kinda bronzy glow instead of looking like my face and neck are two different colors. C3 is also a lovely color if you have an olive skin tone, because it slightly has a green tint to it, which is soooo hard to find. Overall, this foundation is a great buy if you need sheer coverage and your skin is on the drier side. Just make sure to clean your skin really well afterwards, because it can cause a few pimples here and there if you're not careful! Other than that though I love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this in C1 and C2. I mix both together in the winter when I am paler. This is a nice light weight foundation that just looks like skin. I have not tried building it up for fuller coverage as I use a separate foundation for full coverage. I have super dry skin in the winter and it does not become flakey or cakey at all.

on 1/11/2015 1:49:00 AM

After trying every foundation out there for the past 2 years I finally settled on this one. Why?

- skin-like, invisible texture
- sheer-light coverage
- works with my dry-very dry skin
- does not settle into lines
- does not accentuate flakes
- does not irritate my sensitive skin
- perfect shade match (C1 matches my NC20-NC23 olive skin tone)
- stays put all day
- gives skin a youthful glow

The only two cons about this foundation are the application and the slightly tacky, shiny finish. I need to rub the foundation on the palm of my hand before applying in order to thicken it and get coverage. This takes more effort than applying it straight up from a tube. It also leaves my skin a bit tacky and shiny. To fix this, I let the formula set for a couple of minutes, then I press the skin with the palms of my hands in order to take away some of the tackiness and extra shine. So it takes a lot more time and effort to apply this foundation, but the final result is very much worth it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I used this foundation as my everyday foundation a few years ago. It's very light and water based so does not have much coverage. It's not very long lasting but due to the size of the bottle it's a great investment for everyday use. I told my friend about this and she is still using it 5 years later! If you have good skin what not oily then this would be perfect for you.

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!! MAC SA suggested this in N1 when I told her I was looking for something light to wear that didn't settle into pores and wrinkles and would work underneath my Studio Fix powder foundation. I have combo/oily skin, mild redness in cheeks occasionally, a few early signs of aging.

I feel this gives the perfect amount of coverage for evening out skintone. Better coverage than most BB creams and tinted moisturizers for sure. Honestly, I was surprised at how happy I was with the coverage, I think sometimes we think our skin is worse than it actually is. I do have a small broken capillary and dark undereye circles that need concealer.

The truly interesting thing about this foundation is that although it does become a more skin like/satin finish, it does not seem to fade or rub off throughout the day!!!
Even though I have combo skin and wear glasses, it did not seem to wear off around my nose like most foundations do once the oil starts to breakthrough. To me, this is what differentiates this from drugstore foundations that are more natural/light coverage-they fade and rub off rather quickly. This does not.

PROS:
-feels like nothing on
-gives the face a very healthy, dimensional look. You probably won't need to use as much contour/blush with this product.
-does not settle in lines/accentuate pores
-does not oxidize to strange shades of peach/pink/banana yellow
-color match was great. I wear n4 in studio fix powder foundation, previously had the Matchmaster 1.0 and it was nice but a little too pale and then next was up was too yellow.
-can use finger to apply and still looks awesome. Easy to blend.
-very minimal transfer/fading throughout the day.

CONS:
- Oil breakthrough. Not a matte finish.
- Has a citrus-y scent, not unpleasant but would like it better without one.
-Maybe not be the best for travelling since it is not a pump or a tube, occasionally some foundation leaks out of the nozzle tip.
-Would not recommend for summertime/dancing, would probably look too greasy

This is also a good product to mix in with any SPF items that you find too drying or give you white-face. I have been applying this over a light daytime serum and then using powder to blot when needed. Even though I've always preferred matter finish, med/full coverage foundations, I find as I get older they look fake and too heavy in the daytime and I only wear the for night out/special events. This makes my skin look smooth and healthy. Even though I have combo skin and wear glasses this doesn't rub off or wear down, blotting is essential though.

This will be my go to foundation for fall/winter. Would recommend to most, except those who are very oily or have more acne or discoloration issues that need heavier coverage. HTH!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I have dry skin. Not the, "oh, my skin feels dry, I think I'll moisturize today" dry, but the I have worn heavy duty moisturizer every single day of my life...since the day I was born kind of dry skin. Now, at 48, my skin is in decent shape (see my mention of daily moisturizer), but I like a little bit of evening out and extra color that foundation provides. When I hear/read that a foundation is "sheer" or "glowy"...well, let's just say I'm a sucker for good marketing. Enter Face and Body. I bought it at a MAC store in Prague on vacation. I was color matched at N1, which does seem pretty accurate. I don't care much for the bottle as some always runs down the sides of the bottle or gets trapped under the cap (making for a mess when you next remove it). I like the silicones in F&B as it makes for smooth application. I really only use one dot to spread it around my face. I do get a more even complexion, but that's it. This leaves a terribly sticky finish, but strangely leaves my face looking dry and cakey at the same time!! Strange! I also don't like the occlusive feeling I get after a bit...as though my face were suffocating. I stuck this in a drawer and forgot about it. A few weeks ago, in an attempt to use up some products, I added two drops of F&B to my moisturiser along with one pump of the clinique Uplighting in Natural. WOW! The perfect combo! You cannot tell I have on foundation. My skin looks clear, healthy, dewey and well nourished. I have finally found a method that works well for me. May be something others like as well! Definitely worth a shot!! Makes my routine that much qucker too.

on 10/23/2014 3:20:00 PM

I agree completely with HolyShiet;a perfect review for this product! : ) I am also very fair and wear N1. Only con for me is that the bottle is just so big (great value for money); but I'll get bored of it!

on 10/19/2014 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this foundation! I hadn't used foundation in years because I hate the 'foundation look'.
Then someone convinced me to try the F&B and I'm very happy i did!

I'm quite pale so I use C1, blends perfectly with my own skincolor.
It looks super natural like your own skin with an extra healthy glow + it evens out your skintone. Light coverage, but for me that's fine because I don't like it when you can tell you're wearing foundation. When i want to cover up red spots i use the Lancome Effacernes concealer.

Pro's
- Super natural
- Dewy healthy glow
- Evens out skintone
- Blends with your skin.
- If you use a finishing powder, it stays on all day.
- No irritation or breakouts!

Con's
- After applying, I have to use a powder on my T-zone because i don't like a shiny nose, forehead and chin.
- Does get oily after a few hours, need to blot.
- I don't really like the packaging, the product is very runny because it's waterbased which makes it hard to get the right amount out.