MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

This is the stuff that makes me love makeup. Beautiful sheer coverage that is very buildable. I am actually mad at myself for not purchasing this sooner. If it wasn't for you lovely people I would never even consider getting a foundation that could also be used for body. I have this in N1 and it gives me a lovely glow without looking too cake faced. Good sized bottle as well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this almost a year ago and still have a good bit left!! I hate wearing foundation so this is an amazing tinted moisturizer!!! I put it on then let it dry for a few minutes, and put a VERY VERY SMALL amount of translucent powder on to take some of the shine away, then dust on a small amount of blush or bronzer (sometimes both) and it is literally the best best best!
I use it on my body too, that you really need to make sure it dries before putting on clothing, it stained a couple of things because it rubbed off (sometimes even after drying, but its worth it!) Thats the only complaint is that it rubs off on clothing other than that, its the best product I've ever owned.

wanted to love this, but it just didn't agree with me... firstly, it's not the coverage i was really expecting from it... secondly, it is a pain in the ass to put on, you really have to get the technique down because it seems to dry really quickly. also, it made my entire face shiny all day, even after only one hour of wearing it! it just melted off my face, and it just wasn't right for me... back to my studio fix i went!

on 1/11/2008 1:26:00 PM

I have tried so many foundations over the past few years and they all look like foundation. I love how this looks like my skin but so much better. I have used the for 6 days now straight with no breakouts and so many compliments on my skin. This is the best I have felt in a foundation in a LONG time. Also be aware it dries fast so try putting it on in sections.

on 8/26/2007 11:02:00 PM

I had to give this another go so I after a long chat with a MAC SA she gave me a huge sample in the shade N1 which is THE perfect color. I test drove this setting it with powder and holy cow it looked amazing. Somehow it isn't breaking me out this time. My skin is pretty good but there are days when I want a tad more coverage and 2 coats of this is cover enough. I can skip moisturizer with this but even with Embrolisse it looks great also found that a flat top brush works best. Oh and buff it in, seems the more you buff this stuff the better it looks.

on 8/26/2007 4:18:00 PM

Man, oh, man. Where do I begin?
I was first introduced to this stuff through a makeup artist I frequently worked with. I've always been a cream foundation sort-of gal, so when I saw this and the consistency of it, I thought, "OH NO!" I thought it was going to be this sheer foundation that was going to do nothing but sit on top of my skin and show all my little imperfections.
When I saw the end result (before powder was dusted on), I was more than amazed. It's amazing-- how a foundation so light and thin-- could even out my skin tone so well and make me look like I had a full-coverage foundation on my face.
A little goes a long way with this stuff. I also find the price ($30, I believe) to be more than acceptable, being you get quite a lot of product in the bottle.
Unlike the other MAC foundation products, I didn't have ANY pore-cloggage or funky irritations with this one. Nothing but glowing, radiant skin. It's like the real me, but much better!
The coverage can start out sheer, but it's easily buildable. Once the makeup sets it looks gorgeous! I love the way my skin feels every time I wash it off. Not sure what the ingredient contents are, but my skin always feels silky and moisturised.
One thing I have found is an oil-free moisturiser works better with this (my HG is LUSH Dream Cream-- the combination is far too oily and slippery). It's especially nice with a good primer underneath (I use Smashbox Photo Finish).
I use this all over my body, as well (not on the tattooed spots, at least). I have a bit of scarring on my legs that's hung around for many years-- they tend to have small red blotches on 'em, and this sorts 'em right out. I usually don't use a moisturiser on my legs prior to application-- just to make sure the colour grabs on. It does a magnificent job of moisturising them, I think!
I think this is the best foundation MAC makes, hands down.
There isn't a wide range of shades available, but I feel that this stuff is very versatile. Working on photoshoots, the MUA used the same colour on four different girls with varying skin tone and it flattered us all. I've been matched and re-matched with MAC's usual palette of colours and have never found a suitable match, until I tried this stuff.

Go on, treat yourself!

on 6/30/2007 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

wow i love this foundation!

after fighting frequent battles with breakouts, oiliness, lack of staying power i decided to switch from a variety of liquids (laura mercier,vincent longo, virtual skin, traceless, tient idole, colorstay, almay w/kinetin) to mineral foundations. i tried bare minerals and l'oreal bare naturale. bm broke me out and looked metallic/shiny and the bare naturale was never the right color. then i jumped on the tm bandwagon - loved tarte so, but the silicones broke me out.

decided to pick up mac f&b after talking at length with my hairdresser. the color matches great! i am copper red hair, green eyes, but greek and irish heritage so i have very pale yellowish undertones. c1 matches my skin to a "t". the product is *very* watery out of the bottle. you need to shake it reallllllly well, then pour slowly, and spread quickly. it dries fast! so you do not have a lot of time to work with it... once you master the application, you set with a very light dusting of powder (i use the 'mineralize' by mac) and voila! even skintone, natural airbrushed finish, light-med coverage, but not cakey at all. more coverage than a tm i'd say...

the bottle is huge and the product is so liquid-y that i bet it will last a very, very long time. i used maybe the size of a nickel to do my whole face. love the tiny nozzle tip. could apply with a brush or sponge, but i'm faster and more accurate (and use less product) with my fingers...

my skin is normally on the sensitive yet oily side. but this has pretty good staying power so far. i will update if i start to break out after using this. highly recommend. will def repurchase.

After trying the MUFE Face & Body for one week and it burned the upper layer off of my face, I am happy to say that MAC's Face & Body is a better match. It is less drying, and applies with the exact same coverage as the MUFE (sheer). I apply it with the MAC 187 brush, blend, blend, blend and let it settle for a couple of minutes. While applying, at the beginning I thought it wasn't covering at all, but after a couple of minutes it melts into my skin and evens out my skin tone, takes away my redness. I help out with a bit of green concealer where I need it. Overall, for the price and the consistency I love the product. It has not yet clogged my pores (used it about 3 weeks) or broken me out. The colour match is great (although not a big problem anyway because of the sheerness of the product). If you want sheer, economical and good quality, you can give this a try. EDIT: Cannot wear this anymore. It absolutely irritates and burns my skin.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my favourite foundation ever. I use N1 (although, MAC make-up artist can never agree if I am N1 or C1). I have very oily T-zone, prone to break outs and I am also starting to get some fine lines around my eyes.

What I like about this foundation is that it does not make my face caked and does not emphases lines on my face, like other, heavier foundations do.

It has light coverage, but then I use concealed on my blemishes and final result is just fine. Since my T-zone is oily, any foundation I put on will run sooner or later, so at least this one does not look very obvious when that happens. I use MAC loose powder to set it and final result is very natural. My skin ends up looking smooth and nice.

It is pricey, but for the amount you get it's worth it. My bottle lasts for about 9-10 months and I use it almost every single day. Well worth the money spent.

on 8/28/2005 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

edit - funny thing, I don't wear this anymore. It sometimes looks streaky on my face, esp across my (large) forehead. Maybe with powder on top this would not happen, but I hate powder. Still, I did not return this is case I find a use for it, being for face and body

I am very happy with this foundation - it has very little coverage but is a fab base for concealer where you need it. It takes some use to it it is very runny out of the bottle - the first time I tried to get some on a sponge, but I missed the sponge and a huge squirt shot out into the sink (lucky I was over the sink hahaha) anyways, it is best if you put the tip directly onto the sponge (for personal use only - it is germy if you do this and then share the bottle - unless you start out this a clean sponge, I wash mine every other day) and saturate the sponge because just a little will be soaked up leaving nothing for your face, it is water based after all - this takes less than you would think - not that much is wasted. I put this all over my face and neck to cover the white cast from my mineral sunscreen (chemical ones burn my eyes) I am glad it does not have a sunscreen. LADIES YOU NEED TO APPLY SUNSCREEN BEFORE FOUNDATION. NOBODY WEARS ENOUGH FOUNDATION TO GET THE FULL SPF FOUNDATIONS HAVE, IT WOULD LOOK LIKE A MASK. PLUS YOU PHOTOGRAPH LIKE CASPER THE GHOST. I wear c3 and you can't tell I am wearing it - my face but better, dewy which I LOVE, very little coverage but as I said before it is a wonder base for concealer. I use a dab of cg smoothers foundation over spots (it had a good medium coverage) and a smaller spot dab of rimmel hydrasense concealer over anything else that shows. This way it looks nautral like I am not wearing makeup but my spots are covered. So far it has given my no skin problems, although I think I may forget to remove it from my neck some of the time. yes, it is a commitment to spend 30 dollars on foundation, but you get 4 oz so per oz it is less than cover girl. EDIT: I still like this foundation - but note: the bottle is big but it is watery so you use a lot even when you try hard for a shall squirt of it - I think that this bottle will last as long as a 1oz bottle of other $30 foundation - I am not taking points off for this, it works great, but be warned if the large bottle is a main selling point for you! - Oh and I use a brush now with it - the sponge does absorb too much of the product - yes not sooo much is wasted, but I like to conserve as much as possible.