MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 8/16/2009 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Disappointd with this.. really waxy on my skin! Felt too greasy and is only light coverage which I dont like. Even though I should as my skin is clear and its ideal for evening our skin tone but i like a bit more coverage than this! really really sheer!
I really wanted to like it cos cheryl cole uses it hahah how stupid?! But its just the texture!! too greasy!!
Good colour tho :)
Get a lot of product
Too watery!
Probs wont buy again :(
xx

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG foundation (C3). I don't have acne, so I just need a foundation that evens out my skin tone, and this is it. If you have any sort of acne or bumps I do NOT recommend this, nor do I recommend it for oily skin. On my normal skin this is dewy and perfect for the summer months. I do need a little powder for my t-zone, but that is to be expected. With my pro discount this is pretty cheap and it comes in a huge bottle, so I have no complaints. Just remember this could be the WORST foundation on someone with oily or acne-prone skin.

Edit:
I have used this on some clients and, though I can usually MAKE it work, it isn't ideal for many people. Try wearing a full face of it all day before purchasing.

I just bought this in c1.. I was looking for a tinted moistureizer and Mac does not make them anymore.. So I bought this.. I was a little afraid I would not like it so I kept the box and the reciept but I wore it the other day.. i used two coats.. and I adore it.. I like it for the days I don't want to wear heavy face makeup. I use it with blot powder

I originally wrote a mediocre review for this product but have since changed my opinion on it! First off, I have combo (oily t zone, normal cheeks) fairly acne-prone skin. F&B appealed to me because it was waterbased and comes in a huge hygienic squeeze bottle (120ml compared to standard 30ml bottles) for about £22.

Anyway, I usually use NC40 but in F&B, I use either C5 or C6. To be honest, this foundation has really sheer colour payoff. I'm the same skintone as say, Eva Longoria (olive/tan), yet Tyra Banks uses C6 in F&B. Go figure! I've tried C4 but it's way too light for me as my face is lighter than my body. C5 is on the light side aswell so C6 is my usual shade.

I really like the wear of this foundation - it lasts all day (with blot powder ontop) and doesn't get overly greasy. At most, I get a dewy look on my t zone, but I just touch up with some blot powder. I use my 187 to apply this and it gives me a near-flawless, but NATURAL finish. The coverage is suprisingly good for something so light, I don't need to use concealer or anything. F&B with blot powder ontop gives a really nice natural look and doesn't feel heavy on the skin like a lot of foundations do, or leave your face looking 'mask'-like. Best thing is --- NO BREAKOUTS!!!!

Overall, I really like this foundation, and I think it's near HG status for me. I wish the colour payoff was better...but it's nothing major to complain about really, especially if your face is the same shade as your body, unlike mine. Make sure you moisturize before applying, especially if you have dry spots, or else it will highlight this and will go on streaky. I would recommend this! :)

on 1/23/2009 3:02:00 PM

This is the foundation i always come back to! I love it because its light but buildable if you want medium coverage and looks so natural almost like your not wearing foundation. Makes your skin glow! But yes it doesnt control the oilies...i get oily so quick and have to constantly keep blotting it. But i think its worth it still and i still wear it, because when i blot it looks really nice. And it doesnt break me out either which is a plus. For reference i am nc40-nc42 in MAC but i use C5 in F&B. C4 is good too. I took a lippy off because it doesnt control my shine, but not many foundations do! Price wise i think its excellent because the bottle lasts a good few months, and comparing the price and quantity of this product, it works out cheaper than most drugstore foundations!

on 1/20/2009 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have never really worn any of MAC's foundations because I can't find a colour match; I'm a cool- to neutral toned NW10 and NW15 is too dark/pink and NC15 is too dark/yellow. However I received a sample of the F&B foundation in #White (MAC PRO shade) and I think it makes a nice, sheer coverage foundation for my dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. Of course #White is too pale, even for my pale complexion but it is a great mixing medium to lighten too dark foundations. The texture is very watery but the finish is quite dewy. I also think I'm going to try it on my uneven toned, milky white legs in summer and see how that turns out to be. *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Ingredients: Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tea-Stearate, PVP/Eicosene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Talc, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood), Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 11/30/2008 12:50:00 PM

love love love mac's face and body foundation......its heaven for my dry sensitive pale skin!! still on fence if i am a C1 or N1. bought the C1 and just got a sample of the n1 to mix and play with......i used to wear bobbi brown foundation stick in porcelain but lately its way too drying....this is my new best friend and for the price you cant beat it!.

This is my HG foundation. I really, really love this stuff. Though sensitive, my skin is generally pretty nice. I'm very fair (NC15, paler in winter) but I hate how most foundations that are light enough to match my complexion are so cakey and thick. I much prefer a more natural coverage makeup.
I use this in N1.
This stuff is amazing because it gives super sheer, buildable coverage and the shade is extremely forgiving whether I've gotten a teeny bit of sun in the summer or I'm at my undead palest in the middle of January.
I love the squeeze bottle, it makes for sanitary, easy dispensing. I also love that you pay 30 bucks for a HUGE bottle of this stuff. One bottle looks like it's going to last me nearly a year. I'm 5 months in and over half full.
My favorite part of the whole deal is that for such a sheer makeup this has excellent staying power. I apply in the morning, use Studio Finish concealor in NC15 to camoflauge any problem spots, dust with MAC Blot in light and it lasts all day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is great stuff. I purchased this online after a lot of researching. Once I bought it I wondered if I had done the right thing. I like a dewy look but I must admit that some of my foundations make even my dry skin look a little too oil-slick like so I thought this one, too, might be too muchÖnot so.
When this came in the post I was eager to try it out. The consistency is very runny which I knew about anyway but this isnít a problem for me. In fact, I think the consistency makes this an easier foundation to build as and when it is necessary.
I can just about get away with using C1. The finish is beautiful whether you are going for a sheer coverage or more full-on coverage. Either way I think this looks really natural unlike some foundations that Iíve tried. As I said it does give a slightly dewy look but without looking ridiculous. I often use this with a small dusting of loose powder and my skin looks pretty much flawless. You do need a good concealer to hide any blemishes but this pretty much does everything you would want it to.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this online after it was recommended to me by more than one person...i was looking for a foundation for my ridiculously sensitive skin and i wanted something that was a light coverage to even out my skin tone,provided a natural finish(neither matte,nor dewy)and something that wasnt going to irritate my skin or break me out(my skin is very difficult!) This foundation was supposedly "perfect" for me so i ordered it and waited excitedly for it to arrive.
I recieved it 2 days later in the morning so i quickly had a shower and cleansed etc so i could get my make up on.The colour was almost perfect for me (N2) so was feeling quite positive,however this was the ONLY good thing about this foundation! The coverage was basically non existant and it looked like i had just wiped oil all over my skin (i shook the bottle beforehand too) This also seemed to irritate my skin and i was breaking out alot more (i break out enough as it is!)
I called MAC customer service to express my disappointment and im now waiting for my returns label to arrive!....The search for my HG foundation continues :-(