MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 3/16/2010 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thanks MUA for this little gem, grreat coverage not too sheer. It stays put, I use MAC spf 50 as a primer and it works it great. I am NW25 and was matched to a C2. This bottle will last you forvever!

on 3/12/2010 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with previous post that this could be viewed as more of a tinted moisturiser. It's very light weight & sheer, you get so so much product for your buck in a great squeezy bottle.
I wanted to fall in love with this as it's a big fave of the Minogue sisters (maybe an oz/uk thing!) and i always adore how fresh, dewy and natural they look.
Alas this just doesn't work for me, however i do think that is down to my perioral dermatitis prone skin as opposed to any failing on the product. I find it sticky & uncomfortable & doesn't provide enough coverage (again, doesn't promise to, it's a sheer face & body make-up)
If my skin clears up i would definitely try this again, may even try it again in the summer when the need for coverage is less & my face as a sunkissed glow.
I also think that like Laura Mercier Secret C, once you learn to use this correctly & it suits your skin type it's a HG & people never look back......haven't totally given up on this yet!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very disappointed in this product. Minimal coverage and the color seems to change on me as I go throughout the day. I have pretty clear even skin but I have freckles etc that I like to cover and this doesn't do it. I want a blank matte canvas and had heard so many good things about this but for me it isn't a match. Won't buy again.

on 2/10/2010 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had this in my possession for some time but never actually used it seriously. I'd try a dab here or there but usually while wearing other makeup. Well, I recently came back from a trip where airport security seized my HG Shiseido dual balancing makeup (I was pissed) and needed something. What a surprise! I apply this with a Beauty Blender sponge and my skin looks fantastic. Even, slightly dewy and non-cakey. The shade, which I always thought was a tad too dark, is pretty spot-on, actually (C4). It's VERY runny, which is annoying when opening the bottle, because a good deal of foundation escapes and runs down the sides and is wasted, but otherwise, it's a really good lightweight find.

on 1/11/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I tried this in the past and hated it. I used to have oily skin and this would just turn me into a greasy frying pan within minutes. However - winter is now here and my skin has changed...it's more combo *oily t zone, normal cheeks* with some flakyness in some places. I decided to try this foundation out again due to my change in skintype.

First things first - you get a huge ass bottle for your money. 120ml is sure to last a lifetime (although you should chuck it out after 2 years of course!).

I use the colour C6 for my NC40-42 skin and it's a good match. I've also tried C5 and it's a pretty good match too -- the colours are very forgiving in this range. The coverage is super sheer and gives me a natural look...something which I love. I've grown to hate the 'I have foundation on' look and love anything that looks true-to-the-skin. I have some freckles on my nose and this lets them show through. However, it does cover up my blemishes suprisingly well. I have some acne scaring on my chin and I can hardly see them when I wear this. Sheer yet covers...who would've thought?!

I wear this ontop of an oil-control primer and set with powder. Ontop of my HG primer I don't get overly oily, perhaps just dewy throughout the day. I only have to blot once or twice with blot paper in an 8 or so hour period which is good.

Best of all - it doesn't make me breakout. I have very acne-prone skin so that's a very good sign.

I think this is fast becoming my HG foundation. I love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just got this recently (I get bored with foundation and like to try new ones). Currently have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Intensity 1, and got this in N1.
Very liquidy and sheer, but is buildable. I have tried applying it 3 ways: fingers, sponge, brush, and find that using Mac' 190 Foundation brush has the best application.
It definitely doesn't glide across your skin, but I don't always moisturize before application.
Hopefully it has the staying power of Estee Lauder's.

on 12/29/2009 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product is amazing. I have it in N3 and as it claims to be it is "A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body."

I can't imagine not having this product. It makes my skin feel silky smooth and gives a gorgeous finish, or can be topped with a bronzer or MSF. Its so light - so I don't recommend it if you want/need full coverage -, but if you just want a light foundation this is perfect. I live at the beach so this foundation is great for the high humidity and heat, and its a perfect summer foundation for everyone. I absolutely recommend it and for 32.50 its a huge bottle that will last forever.

on 11/2/2009 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm not too fond of this product but I find the finish really nice. It is a bit heavier than a tinted moisturiser and I love this for a natural look but applying it is tricky. The skunk brush is a complete no-no, as it a regular foundation brush. The 109 is ok but I find using my fingers the best method. It seems to set straight away on your skin so you can't really blend it out but the staying power is really good for such a light foundation. Gives a dewy finish but I use powder on top which takes that away as I prefer a more matte finish.

Love the bottle and the size of it, will last a long time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Right now I am really loving this foundation. It's my HG. My color is C3 & I am an NC30 MACs other liquid fdtns. Since my local MAC counter doesn't carry this fdtn, I talked to a MA on MAC's website and she suggested C3. It is a better match for me than the SFF and the Studio sculpt. This has a very dewey finish which is a bit much for me but it gets toned down when I set it with powder (MAC's prep + prime transparent finishing powder) and becomes very natural looking. People were complimenting me on my skin and telling me I was glowing all day. Its saying power is also very good it lasted me 9 hours before I took it off. It did not oxidize one bit it looked fresh and beautiful all day long. I would describe the coverage as low to medium. You can build this without looking all cakey. No break outs so far :) I will and would definitely rebuy I am in love!

on 8/16/2009 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

love love love this!!!!! i always thought i needed nothing less than medium coverage, but with using concealer on blemishes and redness ,(using lm secret camouflage at moment but still looking for better,can be a bit drying) then face and body i look natural and pretty. love it i have this in c3 c4 c5 which i go between depending on how tanned i am. the best foundation ive used do far!!