MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 9/19/2011 12:26:00 PM

This stuff is quite nice, although the coverage is very light and I need to use concealer with it too. The finish is dewy, which I like.

I have fair-medium skin and I bought the lightest shade (think it's called N1 in the UK). The colour match is good.

I apply it with the much-recommended ELF studio brush after dotting it on with my fingers, which works fine.

Not bad overall, but I'll probably try something else next time.

on 9/7/2011 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

POSITIVES:

- You do get a lot for your money, especially in comparison to the MUFE face & body.

- It looks pretty natural on the skin and can be built up to your tastes. One layer gives light coverage, whereas 2 gives medium for me, covering blemishes and evening skin tone whilst still letting the freckles on my nose show through.

- Works nicely on the legs by covering small veins and bruising. Also gives a slight sheen to them which is nice, making my legs look slightly more 'airbrushed' (and is more economically friendly than Sally Hansen airbrush legs which costs 10 for a small bottle).

NEGATIVES:

- Formula seems to go off very quickly. I have owned 6 bottles of F&B since 2008, and all have oxidized about 1-3 shades darker in the bottle or changed in texture after a couple of months. Heard you can slow this problem down by storing it in the fridge though.

- Breaks me out with whiteheads and ugly pustules over my entire face, particularly my forehead and cheeks. I do not know what it is about MAC foundations but every single one manages to break me out in acne. I do remove my makeup throughly every night with my Clarisonic Mia, so yes I do remove it properly.

- It smells...odd. My sensitive skin cannot handle strong fragrances and F&B is no exception, irritating my skin.

- I have normal/combo skin (only combo in warm weather, otherwise normal) and this foundation tends to oil up on me very quickly unless I use an oil controlling primer, something I don't like to do as primers seem to suffocate my skin. Most foundations I have tried last on my skin all day with minimal oil break-throughs...at most, my nose gets dewy. But with this my entire face looks greasy after about 3 hours, even when set with powder.

- Staying power is not so good, despite claims of being waterproof. It separates on my face (I'm guessing because of how greasy it gets on me) and fades patchily throughout the day where it melts off.

- Whilst C1 is a good colour match for my NC18-20 self, because this foundation oxidizes throughout the day it ends darker than my neck/chest after a few hours.

on 7/24/2011 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Many people wonder about how the two most popular Face&Body foundations compare to each other. I concentrated on a brief comparison of Make Up For Ever and MAC to share my experiences. Hopefully my review will help you make a choice, (or wind up like me and simply have to have both!)
Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Makeup, in shade 34, is my favorite foundation, but MAC F&B in C4 is too! MUFE costs $38.00 for 1.69 oz, and I need to use 2 - 3 layers over my melasma areas. For a little more coverage (yet a completely natural finish), and a pinch of "dew", a 4.0 oz bottle of MAC Face & Body in C4 for $32.50 is a quite a deal! Depending on whether my biggest frustrations are my melasma, or looking sallow, I get what I want from each of these. MAC F&B is a little oilier than MUFE, but it's invisible on my skin, and the lasting power is better than Pro-Longwear. C4 is a better color match on my skin than my NC35 Pro-Longwear (which SAs suggest is my color, but I'm not so sure). MAC Face & Body doesn't fill in my lines and pores as much as MUFE does, but it covers melasma better. Melasma is my biggest problem issue, so that's a huge plus. With MUFE, I need a 4-5 pumps of liquid for coverage of my whole face, but with MAC Face & Body a drop (really) goes a long way. Both foundations create a similar, natural "skin-like" look, which is what I love about them. I can swim in both and still have a relatively "perfect" (ha ha) complexion. For the price and the excellent performance, it's hard to go wrong with MAC Face & Body foundation.
Update/Note-8/8/11: Another point of comparison is how each of these works over the dreaded daily sunscreen. On my skin, with my sunscreen MAC F&B wins hands down. MUFE can take on some of the whiteness or texture of the sunscreen so a mattifier is usually needed as an extra layer. The MAC F&B literally makes it's own barrier over the sunscreen (currently using EltaMD UV Clear 46), yet somehow manages to look like skin, not makeup. The more I use the MAC F&B, the more I love it, and it may even completely replace the MUFE after I run out of this bottle...

on 6/24/2011 9:40:00 PM

After only 1 use of this f/d I couldnt wait to write a review! I think this may be HG for me. It's very light, which I really prefer now that I have basically good skin i just need evening out and some color to my face. After 6 hours of wear, I don't feel like my face is in oil slick already, and the shade (N2) couldn't be a better match. It's just very nuetral..not yellow, not pink, not orange, not gray..it's just truly the color of skin and so I beleive it doesn't really look like I'm wearing f/d. It works well to put powder on top of it..it helps to set it b/c it is a very light and runny f/d and you may need to extra help from powder if tend to be oily. But anyhow in conclusion...HUGE bottle that could last you a year maybe, natural light coverage...as long as my skin stays good and I don't have acne return this will probably be my go-to. It's so hard to find good f/d so I'm soooo happy with this!!

When I first bought this foundation, I hated it. I was used to medium to full-coverage, creamy foundations and was shocked to see how watery it was and how sheer the coverage was. However, I learned that it is amazingly easy to blend and build to a medium foundation. It makes the skin look flawless but still look like real skin! Great for those who want a tinted moisturizer but want a little bit more coverage. The large bottle also means it lasts for a long long time so it is worth every bit of the money.

on 6/3/2011 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I just cannot bring myself to like this foundation. The smell is off-putting and I can smell it for hours on end after applying, it breaks me out in cysts and small clusters of red pimples over my entire face, is not that long-lasting and oxidises throughout the day. I found a good match in the shade C4 for my NC37 skintone. You do get a lot of product for your money's worth though, it works out cheaper than a lot of DS foundations! Coverage is buildable - anywhere from light to medium, gives a satin-dewy finish, and blends easily on the skin. I wanted to love it but just cannot deal with the breakouts! Now I just use F&B on my legs if I'm wearing shorts or anything now as it gives a slight sheen and evens out my blotchy legs.

on 5/12/2011 9:36:00 PM

Light coverage, buildable as needed. Doesn't get cakey on me and looks like my skin, but better! Very excited that it is a huge bottle and well worth the price!!

on 5/12/2011 5:27:00 PM

I received a generous sample from a friend to try this foundation. Lucky me!! I am absolutely in love! Will purchase in fullsize!
(For reference: C2 is pretty yellow. It matches me almost perfectly, usually I am around NC 17-20, Revlon Color Stay (dry skin) Buff - EDIT: tried N1, matches me even better! C1 works as well)

Why I love this:
1) *Application* with fingers is a must, but then it is sooo easy! The formula is quite liquid (water-based) but I like that. No streaks. Blends like a dream. Feels sticky for a minute, but then oh so light and nice!
2) *Finish*: I have pretty dry skin and I don't get a very dewy finish. After letting it sink in for 2 minutes, my skin looks absolutely natural. No dew, no glow, but not matte either. I like to call it satin.
3) The *coverage* ist rather sheer, but can be build to medium. With a second layer I can get away without concealer. This foundation doesn't give me doll-like, 100 % flawless skin, but it makes my skin appear even and soft. More like a tinted moisturizer. No one will ever Ever EVER be able to tell that you are actually wearing foundation (if you are using the right color). As others have suggested, I like to let it sink in for a minute before I continue with other face products.
4) Lasts more or less all day on me. Especially when set with a powder (but totally optional). Survives riding my bycicle every morning to work and back in the evening.
5) The price is great! You get 120 ml. Huge amount! I hope it won't turn bad before I am at least half way through my bottle. ;)

I think this is a very easy foundation to use. Slap it on and you are good to go. No washing the brush, no worrying about harsh lines, visible patches or streaks. The bottle is easy to use. Everything about this is effortless including your look! Who wants to look like they spent an hour on their make-up? So: Yay for MACs F&B!

I love this product! Nothing looks as natural on my skin as Mac Face & Body. As I have gotten older I noticed that foundation does not sit as nicely on my skin as it used to. This product has replaced all the other anti-aging foundations I have tried - I can't even see it on my face after I apply it - it just evens out my skin tone. Always remember to apply sunscreen as it has no spf. I usually apply it with my fingers. I do agree with other reviews that it does dry quickly; however, it provides a beautiful finish on my super dry skin and it lasts all day after it dries. If you don't have problem skin I highly recommend this product for a super natural dewy finish!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I thought, being that this is probably one of the lightest MAC foundations that it wouldn't break out my skin. But, it did. It sent me on a 3-4 month process of getting rid of acne/skin irritation between my eyebrows. In general, I steer clear of MAC foundations for my "moody" skin.