MAC satin

No Image

3.4

in a word: C R A P...

on 11/12/2002 6:23:00 PM

This was my first foundation in my teen years. I went with my Mom to MAC and picked this out. It was a great choice because of its super-light coverage and smooth application. Great color selection as well!

on 10/28/2002 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using MAC studiofix, but it is a little too drying for the cooler weather. I tried the Satin finish foundation and love the texture. It provides light to med coverage and doesn't make my combo/oily skin too oily or dry or highlight flakes. Give it a try if you have combo skin.

on 10/26/2002 10:04:00 PM

This is in my hall of fame -- I love the texture, it gives good medium coverage and it doesn't break me out. It's priced right and the bottle is minimalist chic.

This has a very sheer coverage. Its a dewy liquid foundation with an SPF. It gives a nice healthy glow to the skin, and there are many shades to choose from.

on 9/14/2002 6:37:00 PM

This is my summer foundation. It goes on easily and looks natural. The only problem is that if it gets near the eyes then they water furiously!! (although they are bringing a new formula out at Christmas!)

on 7/21/2002 3:32:00 PM

As is probably obvious by now, I *love* MAC and most of their products but, unfortunately, this particular foundation did not work for me so I swapped it out. It simply did not provide enough coverage for my ruddy, blotchy complexion. It would probably be great for those who don't need as much coverage. It went on nicely and had a nice finish, but, well. . .it's just not for me.

on 2/1/2002 12:28:00 PM

I thought this was totally average. Very basic product. For a light, satiny makeup I would prefer px virtual skin. I swapped this. Nothing wrong with it, just a bit boring!

on 8/7/2001 8:27:00 PM

I like the consistency of this foundation, but found that it was very difficult to get a color match. The NC colors were too warm, and the NW were too pink. I had to add some NW to the NC formula to make my own color. I must say that I always get compliments on my skin when I wear this, and it really does improve the appearance of my skin.

on 7/12/2001 10:30:00 PM

I actually like this foundatin cause of the amazing colour selection. There are many to choose from and the quality for the price is quite good too. It's not the high end... so dont expect silk quality feeling. It's a bit chalkish but considering the coverage is very natural looking and it is light weight, it's great for the price. I like how it goes on smoothly... especially with a foundation brush. Best middle end foundation perhaps... i just wish it wasnt chalkish feeling.