Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22
Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22Bobbi Brown Sandwash PinkLip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was hoping for a neutral medium toned nude pink but this was just too light for my pigmented lips and ended up making me look ill. It also goes on heavy but does stay for awhile on my lips.

on 7/10/2018 10:12:00 AM

Sandwash Pink is on the light end of everyday MLBB nude for me (AAB/NC25). Creamy, semi-matte, wears well, good coverage, non-drying. Packaging is the typical BB shape with squared cross section for the body, glossy black base and lid and gold central band. I like the feel of BB's packaging, but I hate having to read the label to determine which shade it is.

This color is a dusty pink and looks nice for a natural lip. I was surprised at how quickly it faded though. The formula is really creamy and unfortunately those types of products don't last long on me. I needed to reapply more than I would like. So thumbs up for the color but thumbs down for the longevity

I got a mini of this (& mini of Neutral Rose) together for ~$20 not bad as the mini’s are 0.8oz which is 2/3 of a regular lipstick and who finishes lipsticks on MUA??! We all have 5 million but I think I will finish this for real. I love it. There is a lot of Bobbi MU on eBay for <$20 I can’t be sure it’s a fake even thou it claims real NIB etc they can say “anything” rite. I don’t want to go to the BB counter so I’m going with Ebay even if i have to blind buy. I am a Bobbi virgin this is my first Bobbi purchase besides Beach perfume/oil. The line appeals to me because it’s conservative and matronly (even moreso than Estée Lauder or Lancôme or elizabeth Arden). Their customer base must be the 29+ crowd. This lipstick was labeled “Kate Middleton fave” on the auction ad & I had read she wore it to her wedding so I couldn’t wait for it to get here! I love Kate’s style & would love to be buying more things in her makeup bag (but how do you know it’s really her fave & not just advertising on her other stuff?). I’m an MU sheep I admit it. I tried to get that [meghan] “Markle Sparkle” didn’t work out so good I’ll stick w Kate’s style. I love me some Royals even thou I’m american! The closest we got is the Kennedy’s & no female style icons from that family to follow, really. Kate does several things I read: she always likes to line her lower lash line (so I invested in a good quality kohl that won’t give me raccoon eyes from Tom Ford [in Onyx & I am going to buy espresso & metallic mink! I love that look. I’ve been doing it forever too]); she wears her hair below her ears no 1.5” barrel curling iron barrel curls above her ears nor her updo’s & hair stays flat til her ears then below tops of ears lots of volume; no wild highlight across the galaxy nor sharp contour; & nude lip (not like Kim K. W.’s version in MAC Myth neither but sandwash pink is an excellent example of Kate’s nude MLBB look. She always looks polished & posh. She has her fave pair of shoes (what else, nude heels). Markle is more sporty to me. Anyways enough about the Royals. I’m excited for the wedding tomorrow! First a Brit middle class becomes a duchess then an American of mixed heritage to marry into the royal family. Can’t say queen elizabeth isn’t progressive. Sandwash Pink on me is a cool leaning pink w a little brown, I own nothing exactly like this. I do own a ton of MAC Whirl/Velvet Teddy/kvd Lolita dupes but Sandwash Pink is harder to dupe than you might think upon first inspection. This is a color like every lady should own! And the first pic isn’t Sandwash Pink I don’t even know what it is, it’s a hawt mess. The packaging is simple, functional, & elegant. It werx. The scent is barely discernible no flavor it might be more pleasant if Bobbi added a rose or vanilla scent but not a deal breaker by any means. The price: ??? I know this is a luxury brand so I’m guessing Ebay is cheaper [a lot of times I’ve found discounted tom ford] ....& I paid $10 for a mini Bobbi Brown lipstick. I think that’s a great deal! I will repurchase when I run out or if I lost it. #winning —- grade: A++

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was gifted a mini size of this with my purchase (thanks, Bobbi Brown!) I loved the packaging. The texture is really good; smooth enough that it's easy to apply and not drying, not too soft that it goes all over the place. How the color looks, like most lipsticks, depends on the person. I looked online and on some women this looks soooo different than how it looks on me. I have very fair skin and my natural lip color is light pink. On me this lipsticks's color looks somewhere between dark pink and brown. Almost like roof tile. I didn't like that color much but I'm happy to have a different color on the shelf.

Then I checked the price out of curiosity and this is why I have to give 4 stars instead of 5. It's expensive everywhere but in my country."Rouge Dior is the same price when it's on discount" level expensive. I might still get one if I find a color I love a lot and can find it on discount but this shade was not that.

P.S. The current main picture on this page for this product, that light pink in the lipstick tube is NOT Sandwash Pink. Search it on Google Images to see the exact color.

I love and have worn this lipstick for years. It's the perfect MLBB that goes well with minimal makeup or dressed up glam. Comfortable, no scent, long lasting and although pricey, you get what you pay for a lipstick that delivers.

on 2/19/2017 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this! Moisturising but still matte enough it doesn't makes my lips look all shiny and cracked. Will be repurchasing, possibly in more than just this colour. Sand wash pink is a gorgeous muted pink with cool brown undertones, great for casual every day wear. I apply it onto my lips from the stick first, and then buff it into my lips with my fingertip to make them look larger.

on 2/10/2017 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really love this colour it's a cool toned pink with brown shade that certainly isn't anything close to nude on me (I'm too fair). The finish isn't matte at first but I found that as it wears off it does turn rather matte. It lasts a bit longer on me than most lipsticks and I like how evenly it fades. It actually looks good a little bit faded and blurred which is very unusual for me to like in a lipstick. I didn't find this particularly drying nor did I find it moisturizing either. Overall this is a great lipstick that's very flattering and easy to wear. Would repurchase.

TEXTURE: creamy matte, doesn't slip around. LONGEVITY: 2-4 hours. COLOR: one pass for opacity, great quality too since the color doesn't break apart or feather, and it wears away uniformly. On my NC 25 skin, it looks like a plain muted pink, no fancy undertones. Not a garish pink, more neutral pinkbut i wouldn't call it nude. IT STINKS THOUGH. Like all Bobbi Brown lipsticks, it smells like badly rinsed tupperware washed with lemon detergent. Awful. For the price, i think we could do away with this ~unique~ assault on the nose.

on 6/21/2016 3:07:00 AM

The color & staying power are great but it smells like grandma lipstick or worse it smells like it is gone bad already..i couldn't imagine it will be that much noticeable on the lips as it wasn't that noticable in the bullet or i wouldn't buy it in the first place. wouldn't repurchase it's expensive and smell bad eventhough the color is a great nude for me..