MAC Soft and Slow Lipglass

MAC Soft and Slow Lipglass

4.6

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Wheee! I love this color. It is so pretty, pretty is the perfect way to describe it. It's kind of like my natural lip color but better. As I've found with most MAC colors it looks totally different on the lips than in the tube. Darker skinned ladies do not be afraid of this color. I think it would be flattering on all skin tones. This is the first time I've bought a dupe because something was LE, I love it THAT much!

on 7/22/2008 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It compliments my skin tone so well. It's a rosy nude color on my lips. Too bad its limited edition!

on 7/15/2008 1:41:00 PM

I love this gloss! It's the perfect gloss to warm up Mellow Flame l/s or Sophisto l/s. Sometime I wear it alone and it adds just the right amount of berry shimmer to my lips. I'm NC30. I bought a backup because that's how much I love it.

on 7/4/2008 1:18:00 AM

I love this lipgloss, I am so disappointed it is a limited edition. This is the first MAC lipgloss I have bought which I can hardly believe myself since I love their eyemakeup and skin makeup so much.

The smell is super yummy, jaffa-vanilla smell, similar to Bloom but less strong. It's not too sticky but it stays on well and the colour is very much just a very intense version of my natural lip colour but the pinkier prettier version of it. <3

on 6/30/2008 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

MAC Soft & Slow - is my new absolute HG lip gloss! this is the color I have been looking for for years! I consider this a neutral pinky with the slighest hint of brown -I almost hate writing brown...I don't like colors that make you look dead or ashy - but it just adds enough to make it neutral and not too pink. This gloss is not necessarily sheer, it has enough opacity to add dimension - but still look totally natural. The lasting power seems quite good for a gloss - ranks close to Stila glazes and Lip Fusion. I'm very impressed. Looks good with Lancome liner Caramel, however liner isn't even really necessary due to the depth.

I think this would be versatile for many skin tones. I have slightly light, yellow undertones. A friend with much more tan skin put it on and it looked great on her too.

I immediately went out and bought 2 more tubes (LE) - that is how great I think this is.

on 6/25/2008 5:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a very pretty neutral colour: medium rose with a hint of berry. It gives you a very feminine and sweet look and it is great for everyday. Texture is quite sticky and wears for a few hours,as all Mac lipglasses. However, I consider this to be more of a fall shade ( I am more into peach/coral/bronze for the summer), so I will be saving this for later.

on 6/23/2008 3:51:00 PM

Soft and Slow was re-released with the Neo Sci Fi collection in May '08. It appears rosy-mauve in the tube with slight shimmer, maybe a bit cool-toned, but on my hand or lips it is a bit warmer-toned, just a really nice warm rose shade. I have been wearing it with Naked Rose cremestick liner, and it goes perfectly! It's a no-brainer, an easy go-to shade that gives a good pop of solid looking, glossy color. This is a great everyday shade! Just as an aside, when this runs out, you can buy Cosmo (an Amplified Creme lipstick) for a nearly identical shade in lipstick form.

on 6/12/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A very pretty medium rosy-mauve that is great for every day wear. I purchased mine from a CCO & while I loved the color, I found that upon immediate application of this gloss, it had gone rancid. The smell was overwhelming & there was this awful bitter taste. I had to take it off immediately. I exchanged this for another gloss, as I was afraid the entire batch of this color at the CCO had gone bad. It's too bad that this was a LE color.

A soft, netural rose that is just so pretty! Cream finish with a tad of shimmer, this shade will be able to go with just about any look. Released with Smoke Signals in August 2007.

on 1/29/2008 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Oh man, I have been on the hunt for a rose-colored lipgloss since last fall. I picked this up after reading the reviews here, and this one fits the bill. As everyone has mentioned, it's a perfect neutral rose, a very natural color for my tan skintone (NC42ish) that brightens my face with the right amount of pink. It's a bit more neutral than I'd like it to be, but I think that's what makes it flexible enough to go with a lot of looks. It's perfect for the cooler seasons, and I've been pairing it with a silvery smokey eye for a holiday look.