Beyond The Zone Super Sexy Texture & Distort Spray

No Image

3.7

on 11/24/2007 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm really not sure about this product. I was also hoping it would be like the John Frieda sea salt spray but sadly its not! This spray made my hair extremely stiff and crunchy which is not what I was looking for.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is very light on your hair. And my hair is generally self-volumizing, thick, and heavy. Many products seem to weigh mine down, but this. Definitely volumizes and stays that way for a nice amount of time. You can totally see a difference from before and after.
It hardens (makes my hair a bit prickly to the touch) and isn't sticky or messy. It doesn't tangle your hair up and is easy to brush out. Awesome texture! It promotes waves, as the bottle says. When it is dry it is still movable and not too stiff. You can get a great bed-head look!
I can't say much about the shine, though. On my hair, it is not very intense. But there is a noticeable difference. When you spray the product on your hand, and let it dry, it leaves a patch of shine (this shine does not fade to the touch though, like many shine sprays. this is more of a layer of shine that has dried).
The smell is a plus! It smells like kiwi or fruit. It's nothing unique in the smell department but it is light and pleasant.

From the bottle-

-for sexy, wavy messy hair (from the front of bottle)
-Develops texture and waves in straight or wavy hair. Creates incredible volume and intense shine. Flexible but lasting hold. Never greasy, stiff, or sticky. (from the back of the bottle)

on 8/10/2007 10:26:00 AM

Develops texture and waves in straight or wavy hair. Creates incredible volume and intense shine. Flexible but lasting hold. Never greasy, stiff or sticky.

I wanted a product like John Frieda's Ocean Spray which I can not find anymore, I guess it's d/c. It's not as good as that product but since there isn't any relatively inexpensive options, this product isn't bad. It smells great but it does make my hair a little stiff. I use it more like a texture spray to piece out my ends instead of trying for the wavy beach look. Not sure if I'll buy it again or not. I'll still be on the lookout for a sea salt spray.

Popular Styling Products