Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.5

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

on 1/26/2009 11:41:00 AM

I used this maybe two or three times for tanning, at Bondi Beach. The flies just flocked to me in groves, maybe because of the sweetish fragrance. Anyway, I developed the most digusting, splotchy sunburn ever, and a year later, in fact, I still have traces of that sunburn left.

So I don't use this for tanning anymore. I use it as a body moisturizer during the winter! It's marvelous- the scent is heavenly, and the moisturizing properties are divine! It's too thick to spread all over my body, so I dribble a bit over a coin-sized squirt of Cetaphil lotion, and it works like a dream. I swear by this. For those of you who put away the bottle after getting sunburned, try this!!

on 8/17/2008 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hands down my HG tanning oil. A beach bag staple. I am Portuguese and therefore rarely burn, so I apply this to preserve my tan, and I must say it does a fantastic job!! It smells like a tropical vacation :) I don't know how else to describe its amazing scent!! The ingredients are all natural, mainly consisting of tropical fruit & nut extracts. The top 4 ingredients are (in this order) mineral oil, coconut oil, cocoa seed butter & aloe leaf extract...your skin completely soaks it up!

I believe this goes without saying but this oil is made purely for experienced tanners who have developed a good tan. It says it right on the bottle. NO UV PROTECTION. I'm sure I'll pay the price down the road, but for now I'm perfectly content with a dark bronzed glistening bod. If your Western European, Latino or you can keep a good tan, you NEED this product! And of course be sure to moisturize after showering :)

on 6/27/2008 3:05:00 PM

I like this a lot! This product smells so good and really helps you achieve a darker tan. I always spill it however so i wish it was in a pump like top. Buying it is convienant because it is carried at most drug and grocery stores.

on 6/22/2008 5:25:00 PM

Great stuff. Smells delicious and really helps you tan. Today I was suntanning while it was cloudy out, and I still got a dark tan!

on 6/4/2008 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff ROCKS!! I was able to get a darker, deeper tan in 2 hours on my porch than I did in 5 days in Hawaii. I'm olive complected and tan easily but this seems to accelerate the process. I agree with the previous poster that the oil makes you look really sexy and tone and while it feels greasy to the touch it seems to absorb well in your skin and of course the fragrance is amazing. I'm hooked!

I used to use banana boat tanning oil but this stuff makes gives me a darker brown color faster. I use morrocan mineral self tanner and tan in the sun so my tan is not entirely real. The self tanner smells kinda bad the next day but when i tan with this it gets rid of the smell and leaves me with the beachy coconut smell the whole day. Also, it is very moisturizing. Great product!!

on 5/19/2008 2:22:00 PM

this stuff is awesome! it makes you tan quickly and the oil makes you look really sexy and seems to hid imperfections, not that i need it, im a sz 0 but it has a way of making you look toned. it's also really moisturizing and seems to prevent pealing. the only thing i don't like is how the sand sticks to you really bad, but if your just hanging by the pool or sun bathing then this is perfect. i would buy it again.

on 4/28/2008 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Giving it a 4 strictly because the smell of this stuff has always been awesome to me - just a whiff transports me to the beach of my youth when I'd lay around and burn myself to a crisp.

Because of this, and the many blistering sunburns I got back then in an effort to get the perfect summer tan, I'm sure a dermatologist will be telling me he needs to cut some suspicious brown spot off my chest, arms or legs within the next 10 years (despite the fact I stopped tanning when I was in my early 20s).

I do like the suggestion by a previous poster to just wear this stuff as a light scent (over my SPF 50 total UVA/UVB sunblock). But for those of you that still want to achieve that tan, this stuff smells a hell of a lot better than baby oil.

on 4/24/2008 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LADIES LISTEN UP: IF YOU WANT A DARK TAN TRY THIS PRODUCT! This stuff is seriously awesome! I use it everytime I tan. The best thing is you do not have to lay out long in the sun to get a great tan with this stuff. Just remember this doesn't have sunscreen and you will burn if you are not tan. I'll think I'll go lay out tomorrow with this oil =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I used this for years. It has NO sunscreen burned me horribly & then tan. I was young & dumb. Wear SS ladies!!!!!!!!!!! smells great though lol

Popular Body Skincare Products