Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.5

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I will buy this product over and over and over again based soley on it's beautiful, tropical, coconut scent. I would never use this to tan. As a body moisturizer, it works fairly well on my sensitive, KP-prone skin. The ingredient list is surprisingly short. This can also be mixed with brown sugar and olive oil to create a delicious, coconut-scented body scrub. Mostly, I use this to smell good, as well as to relax, since this is one of my favorite scents in the world.

on 10/14/2012 9:33:00 PM

I haven't used this for tanning, just as a moisturizer. It smells wonderful and does make my skin very soft. :)

on 8/18/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a horrible product for tanning! It's almost all mineral oil! Mineral oil combined with tanning can actually STRIP the colour off your skin! When I tan, I usually get a deep pretty golden colour really fast. I used this last summer, and at the end of summer I was still SO PALE! Also: it was the first time in my life that I actually got a sunburn!!! I couldn't understand what was going on, and decided to investigate. This is what I found:
No wonder I got almost no colour! It's quite easy to find information about this; just search "mineral oil tanning". Seriously people - don't give me a thumbs down without researching this...! Are you really not concerned about this? When something makes you burn in the sun, it makes the risk of cancer much higher!
The smell of this is coconut. It's quite strong, but not bad really. If you want to use this as a moisturizer, it's maybe OK, if you don't think the oiliness of this is a problem. In my opinion, to get more tan, it's better to find a lotion that absorbs and makes your skin produce more melanin, instead of something that sits on top and reflects the sunlight.

on 4/12/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this for tanning, just as a body moisturizer. Works great to seal in moisture after a shower and gives a nice sheen, especially on the legs. I love the scent (slight coconut/tropical) - and I usually don't even like coconut smells as I find them too strong or fake. Just bought another bottle!

on 9/14/2011 7:18:00 PM

I'm fair skinned and never tan, but since moving to Costa Rica 2 months ago I started getting some colour on my arms. My legs however still glowed white. I bought this product today and sat out for 20 minutes in the late afternoon sun (I know the sun here and can sit for 2 hours at that time of day generally).

This product achieved in less than half an hour what two months of sun couldn't. My legs have lost their white sheen and I can't wait to use this on my beach trip this weekend (I will be using it solo for short periods, followed by using at least spf 30 and this in combo, Burning is no fun)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I live in Hawaii, so tanning oil is a must for the beach. I tan easily when I'm out in the sun but this oil makes my skin turn golden. Smells like coconut, which I absolutely love. There is no SPF. I keep this bottle in a plastic bag before putting it in my beach bag just invade of leakage. Def would repurchase!

on 8/7/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used this when i went too the pool and got a slight tan but You have to know,
i was only out for 30 minutes.
i wore it in the pool and didn't wait for it to dry.
it was very cloudy outside and then rained.
my skin was not exfoliated.

And i still got a slight tan even in those conditions!

This tanning oil is pretty good, but i haven't fully experienced it. I will back for another review soon! (:

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was born in Louisiana and lived in Texas until 5 years ago when I moved to the Pacific Northwest. Needless to say, I'm not getting as much vitamin D as I'm used to. I became pretty pale after moving up here and decided that I needed my deep tanned skin again. I researched different products online and saw that nothing but good things had been said about Hawaiiain Tropic. I've always used lotions so I wanted to try the oil out and see how it worked with my skin. I bought the pump spray with SPF 6 and am hooked! After a hefty tanning sesh in the sun my skin was definitely darker and satin-smooth; I got compliments right away. It smells wonderful and has pretty good ingredients compared to other brands.This product is definitely one of my Summer must-haves!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. Why? It smells like coconuts and vanilla bean, it mosturizes really well, it gives your skin that shiny sheen (which I adore) and it makes you tan. I wear this at the beach and it really does an amazing job tanning my skin - and fast. I don't get the leather looking result on my skin either. Its very soft and supple. I use to have a very hard time tannign my legs but when I apply this and go to the beach, it just instantly tans. Its a miracle worker. It has no SPF at all, so if you burn easily, please use it cautiously. It is very oily when you apply it on your skin, but after you rub it in, your skin looks and feels sooooo good. The only negative is that sometimes in leather car seats, it may leave a greasy residue but I think its worth it. I would recommend this to all who <3 to tan!!!

UPDATE: 5/17/12
I still use this to tan and I still luv it sooo much! Seriously, I slather this on my legs and in one hour, I am tan to the shade I want to be. For those saying its oily, well, its tanning OIL...geez. Yea, it can get messy, but what do you expect!!! Its OIL!!! For the first 10 minutes, your leg will attract any type of dust or hair, but after that, its all goooood. But I love the oily look on my legs...the sheen and the shine really makes my legs sexy and I am sure it will do the same for you.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING PRODUCT. <3
- Smells like cocunuts & vanilla.
- Packaging is easy to use with a little squeezy-like top.
- I bought it at Wal-Mart for around $9 and its great!
It does everything it says it does, and gives you a great dark tan. If you use it basically every time you tan, it's amazing.
FOR WARNING: If your pale, don't use this right away. Get a base tan, then use it. Unless you want 2nd degree burns (yes, I got burnt bad the first time using this because i didnt know, and Yes thats how good this stuff works)

Popular Body Skincare Products