Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.5

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love everything about this product. The scent is to die for, it makes you tan beautifully, it's affordable and the packaging is great.
Super moisturizing as well, my skin feels so much softer after using this.
I'm pale but I've only ever burnt once, so I applied this and I layed out in the sun (only early 20 degrees Celcius) for about 20 minutes on each side and I already have a semi-base tan. I'm guessing if I do this for another few days I'll have the tan I want :) Definitely recommended.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! First and foremost, the product itself works amazing. It does what it says, "dark tanning oil". Giving me the perfect tan. The smell is one of my signature scents.

on 12/11/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just pulled this off the shelf this December morning, turning to oiling instead of the same-old post-shower lotion routine---And I love! The classic HT scent swept me back to warmer, sunnier weather, and the benefits of sheer soft moisturization is long-lasting; still, 4 hours later my skin is very soft and smooth. I read somewhere a beauty editor uses HT oil as her sole moisturizer, sun or not, and I am convinced: move over cremes and lotions, this oil is where it's at.

on 7/3/2010 2:40:00 PM

LOL! I'm VERY pale but I tan amazingly well. I bought this at CVS when most of the lower back portion was covered with a security sticker. I come home, peel off the sticker and it reads: "No Sunscreens. To be used by those with a good tan." Damn it!

Anyway, I went to the beach a few times to work on a tan before I slather myself in this oil. Then I applied this after I had a reasonable tan. It's like any other oil.

Makes you shiny (shine reflects light making you tan faster).
It smells very good.
It does its job.

Negative: As mentioned above, don't use it if you're very pasty and burn quickly.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I can't go a summer without this. :) I love how it smells and it gets me super tan! I wear spf on my face, but this is fab for tanning ur body. It gives ur body the sexiest shiney glow!

on 6/2/2010 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

OMG, the smell. It's heaven. I don't mind mineral oil in my products, but I knocked one star off due to this being so THICK. If they could cut this with some silicone or a lower viscosity oil to make application faster and smoother, I'd give an easy 5 star rating. Even when the bottle and oil are warm, it's still thick, thick, thick! Other than that, I love this stuff!

Mineral oil, seriously? Every time I use this I read the ingredients and wish it didn't have mineral oil. Don't even think about putting this on your face. I actually use sunblock on my face, especially around my eyes, and it's easier to learn how to use a matte bronzer than it is to reverse sun damage on your face.

Anyway, I loooove this oil and its smell. It gives beautiful color too. I don't burn easily (crazy pale but part Native American) but I am VERY careful not to overdo the sun. It's a great tool to help even out areas that aren't as dark too.

on 12/17/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I love this Dark Tanning Oil! I tan year round with high end indoor lotions, but I have to say, I get amazing color with this outdoor oil. It probably gives the most natural color out of anything I've ever used. I live in California part of the year, and when I slather this on at the beach, I get the most amazing deep tan color (a different, darker color than I've got with any other tanning lotion or oil!).

There's a special on this at my local drugstore for $3.99 so I'm going to pick up another bottle... I also use this oil in the stand up beds at the salon (please never use this product on lay down tanning beds, the oil destroys the acrylic!) and I get great results every time. Oh and I LOVE the smell! It smells like tropical flowers and an exotic vacation, all in one whiff. I love using this oil, I just wish it didn't contain any mineral oil!! so I took a point off for that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I usually by this in the spray. It produces excellent color- a more natural color. I ended up getting BETTER color with this in the sun than going to the tanning bed using expensive lotion. It is always in my beach bag. I stock up in spring and it lasts all summer. Will repurchase again next year!!!

on 8/5/2009 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this primarily as a body moisturizer because I normally use self-tanner if I want tanned skin. All I can say is HG!! I have snake skinned legs that are ultra dry and scaly. I've tried every cream imaginable but nothing works better than this. I have this in the spray version and it was super cheap ($10 CAD for a big bottle).

It is so convenient. I just spritz a few times on my legs and spread it with my hands, and my legs soak up the oil really quickly and become hydrated and dewy. The dark color in the oil makes my skin tone look even and gives me a healthy complexion, and it smells absolutely amazing. The coconut scent is my favorite part of this. I carry a bottle of this everywhere with me when I travel.

As for its effect as a tanning oil, it works great. I tried this while sunbathing on my patio and after an hour, my arms and legs were noticeable darker and my skin was still moist. It is a must-have.

Popular Body Skincare Products