Rosehip Seed Oil

Rosehip Seed Oil
Favorite oilEnter Title

4.2

rose (usually rose moschata or rosa rubiginosa) hip seed oil

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I needed more items for free shipping on Amazon Prime while ordering shea butter and lavender essential oil for a homemade mask. I ordered rose hip seed oil semi-blindly; I did light research before clicking yes. WOW. I wish I had known about this sooner. I'm almost 33 and have hormonal acne. It scars purplish and leaves bumps or pitted skin. I don't have wrinkles because I've used sunscreen since I was 15. BUT--Wow! My skin is glowing after a few days of using this as a moisturizer day and night. It looks so smooth. I look 10 years old again. I don't have wrinkles, but my skin was starting to look old in a way that I can't describe. Maybe sallow or grayish is what I'm trying to convey. This fixed it. I am amazed by this product. The scars seem to be fading or less noticeable. My dry cheeks and oily t-zone are more balanced. I will always use this as my main moisturizer straight from the bottle!

UPDATE: although a little too rich for everyday use, oils recently helped repair and rejuvenate my skin after a nasty case of contact dermatitis. I have had to really simplify my skincare routine as it seems my skin has become quite sensitive but I cannot stress enough how much my home-blended rosehip and jojoba oil has helped turn my skin around. I ran out of Decleor Iris Aromessence (facial oil) last week and my own oil, although thicker, sinks in just as well without the need for moisturiser on top. More than that, my fine lines are decreasing and I have a glow that wasn't there before (although my Elemis Apricot and Rosewater toners also help!). Oh, and I normally get spots that I need to keep on top of with salicylic correcting lotion on a daily basis - I've only had two in 3 weeks! Once I've applied primer, my make-up looks fantastic even without foundation and my skin does not look oily at all, so I am really pleased. I am using up most of my old skincare but in future I will be sticking to a very simple regime and avoiding MOST conventional anti-ageing products, as I think I may have found the most natural and cheapest anti-ageing product there is. ORIGINAL REVIEW: This oil is ideal for dehydrated/acneic skin. I was a tad over-zealous with a home glycolic peel on my oily/combination/dehydrated and problematic skin (never again!) and my face was red and flakey. I also have recent marks, a combination of damage from the mask and from recent and old spots. I mixed cold-pressed pure jojoba oil with rosehip seed oil, two drops of each. I applied after my night-time cleanse and topped off with my usual Cerave PM night lotion. My skin felt a little oily initially but the oils soon sank in. This blend worked overnight to soothe my parched skin without any adverse reaction or blocked pores. I'm amazed! I will be doing this regularly from now on. I think every night would be excessive, but certainly two or three times a week.

on 12/28/2013 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I dont know about this oil. It is the new shit and I bought it for a scar (I haven't used it on it yet ) but I used the oil on my face for a few weeks and my skin looked horrible.. I can't be 100 % sure that it's because of the oil, but I got a pimples and my skin was like ueven in a way I can't explain - it was difficult to apply foundation and it looks cackey and like I REALLY needed to exfoliate it.

But I bought the oil for a operation scar and I look forward to start using it on that instead, and will update this after.

on 12/10/2013 4:01:00 PM

This review is for the Trilogy brand Organic Rose Hip Oil. I have always sworn by using creamy moisturizers for my sensitive, dry/combination skin, as well as a harsh toner. Thanks to my friend and co-worker, I have completely changed my skincare routine and I couldn't be happier! No more soapy, foamy cleansers -- switched to a very gentle cream cleanser, and no more toners at all! I wash my face at night instead of in the morning, and I apply three drops of Trilogy Rose Hip Oil to my face after, as well as in the morning after a hot shower, and my skin has never looked better. Old acne scars are fading, my skin has a subtle glow and is much more even toned. And the oil is so quick to absorb into my skin! I was dubious at first, I'll admit, because my face didn't feel like it normally did after using my old moisturizer, but after a couple of days, I realized why it didn't feel the same: it felt better! I am in love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

My review is for the Aura Cacia brand. My skin is acne prone (the nasty cysts and nodules) and is extremely oily. I wasn't sure what to expect when i bought this product--maybe a nice glow if anything. Not only does it not cause more breakouts like many have exclaimed, but its slowly but surely fading my older acne scars and my complexion is becoming more even and the glow is there :-)

on 11/3/2013 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of the first oils I used on my face. It did not cause me to have any additional acne and did not irritate my skin. I did not end up like using oils for my face, but if I did end up buying one again in the future this would be the one I would pick up. Supposed to be excellent for your skin, especially aging skin. I would check this one out if you haven't. You can buy affordable rosehip seed oil at your local health food store. Don't see the need to spend hundreds on some high end version. The rosehip seed oil alone works well and is very moisturizing. If you don't like the smell mix a little bit of it with another oil. I would do it on a drop by drop (one use at a time) basis because some of them can cause each other to spoil faster. And rosehip seed oil can expire pretty quickly. The stuff I used seemed to last longer than in other's experiences, but once I mixed it with some rose oil it went bad quickly. I wouldn't do that again. I'd just mix them together on and "on-demand" basis.

Good luck with oils. They aren't bad. I just found vitamin e cream worked better for my schedule and for my hair, as it would pick up the oil and get even greasier.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have found that this is best combined with aprin powder to make a fine paste (read it in another review).

You put a tiny tiny bit on a patch and I swear the redness is so much less by the next day. It isn't too greasy but remember a little goes a very long ways

Make sure you keep formula refrigerated.

on 11/2/2013 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Distinct smell very much like cod liver oil or fish oil. Good absorption remains to be seen if I will learn to tolerate the smell. I would recommend for night usage only due to distinct fishiness- perhaps I will get used to it or need a different brand. I bought Reviver rosehip oil. Amber colored oil- I prefer clear or faint color.

on 10/5/2013 11:15:00 PM

I bought 250ml for £6 which is a wonderful price compared to others on the market. I chose cold-pressed and organic and mixed it with 2ml of rose essential oil for a light scent.
Uses: neat on skin as a moisturiser/massage oil, a few pumps in the bath, mix with coarse salt/sugar as a body scrub, mixed with cold-pressed walnut butter for a thick body butter, blended with rose water for skin mist/ hair treatment... and even used it on my yorkshire terrier to condition his fur (i researched it before i used it on him, he has a lovely glossy coat, even if he will ruin it with mud).
The oil absorbs well, I apply it after a warm shower before bed- do allow your skin to absorb it before you clamber into bed or you'll end up with a wonderfully moisturised bed! (just wash at a high temp to get rid of the oil)

The result, my skin is a lot softer, I have a pleasant glow, I haven't noticed any fading in scars or stretchmarks on my hips yet but I know it will take time. A 250ml bottle has lasted me 1.5months with daily use as several products. All in all, it is a staple and I will be repurchasing.

on 9/23/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Circa 2002, I first notice my dog gobble up the rose fruit that grows after the flower bloom is done. Later I do some reading and find out about rosehip jam, etc. Keep in mind that this is way before the craze for rosehip oil grew and I am not able to afford rosehip oil anyway, then. Well, thanks to my dog (bless her - she's in doggie heaven), I am a fan of RHO. Like they say, animals know best, by instinct. My pooch would have probably been an inventor if she had the craftiness of human beings.

I believe this product is doing only good, to my skin. I haven't seen the scars disappear but they have faded.
I use 2-3 drops and apply on a damp face, on trouble skin like blemishes, spots, scars. The oil is too heavy to use as a face moisturizer (I read one comment which states that the rosehip seed oil was 'slathered on' the face and it caused breakouts!). Whatever I have read so far and my opinion is that it has to be used as a serum or as a 'treatment'.

Between the Badger Baby/Calendula Balm and the rosehip seed oil, my skin has improved a lot. I even have friends remarking how my face glows and are surprised that I've never done a facial treatment at any spa or salon anytime!
It also seems to have refined the pores around the nose area, where they were large.

I am happy with the product. I have the 'Rosa Canina' origin oil and the brand I use is the 'Rosehip Plus'. My understanding is that there are other varieties of the rosehip seed which are better?

Popular Face Skincare Products