Rosehip Seed Oil

Rosehip Seed Oil
Favorite oilEnter Title

4.2

rose (usually rose moschata or rosa rubiginosa) hip seed oil

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I get my rose hip oil from The Premium Organics. The best I have used.

What works for me:

- ANY oil can break you out. It is oil after all. To prevent that you need to try different frequencies to find the right one for you. I put on rose hip oil only 1-2 times a week, more often than that breaks me out. If I'm on my period or about to have my period I don't use it as my skin already gets oilier that week.

- I don't use a toner/rose water beforehand. I just wash my face in the evening to clean the sunscreen, then put on rose hip oil. No cream afterward that day.

- The right amount totally depends on the person. I only put 2-3 drops on a little cotton and wipe my whole face and neck with it. 2-3 drops are enough for my combination skin. Do it at night near a light and you will see your face shine a bit. I have oily-ish tzone, so I start with my cheeks and eyes so the most oil will spread on that area, then move onto the tzone. Next morning I wake up with softer skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

SEEN REVIEWS ABOUT HOW YOUNG PEOPLE WERE TOLD THEY LOOKED USING ROSEHIP OIL,SO I USED SOME FOR A MONTH,IT DID NOT MAKE MY SKIN YOUNGER,HOWEVER FOR SOME STRANGE REASON IT ACTUALLY MADE MY SKIN SAG ON MY FACE LIKE THE CHEEK AREA,AND I GREW MASSIVE BABY HAIRS ON MY CHEEKS,MY SKIN GOT MILIA (WHITE HEADS) ON MY CHEEKS AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING CAUSE THAT,BUT THIS DID.AFTER USING DIFFERENT OILS,I FOUND USING CETAPHIL DAILY FACIAL SPF 15 MOISTURIZER PLUMPED MY SKIN LIKE NOTHING ELSE,AND MY SKIN IS SMOOTH,HYDRATED,AND YOUNGER LOOKING.

on 4/10/2016 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have extremely dry and sensitive skin and am yet to find a suitable moisturiser that doesn't break me out. I have been using Rosehip oil as an alternative to moisturising cream for around 6 years now and have seen a significant improvement in my skin.
When I first started using it, the scarring from teen spots on my cheeks faded drastically.
I tend to use it when my face is still damp from washing, this way it absorbs into my skin better and I let it dry naturally.
I now use it conjunction with coconut oil and olive oil and am still looking for a suitable moisturiser to add to my routine (any recommendations would be great).

on 4/3/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this every night and have noticed a dramatic difference in my face's overall appearance. The texture is better, pores smaller, fine lines reduced. Whoever thought an oil could be magic! I just use this alone with a bit of EMU oil underneath my eyes and will NEVER purchase a night cream again. This godsend is saving me hundreds of dollars a year! Will continue to use dispute the earthy/fishy smell. Lol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Im so sad I have sensitive slightly oily skin and it broke my out like crazy ughhh why?! It was odd it didn't seem moisturizing enough yet made me produce more oil and breakouts...

on 2/27/2016 5:13:00 PM

Surprisingly drying and slightly irritating to my sensitive skin. Will try to mix it with other oils like jojoba.

on 2/18/2016 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have developed acne and rosacea after 43 years of near-perfect skin. This stuff is saving my life. Less redness and less lumps and bumps (when used in conjunction with retinA and gentle cleanser)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

EFF ME this stuff is a godsend

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product from a company that sells soap making supplies here in Canada. I had tried evening primrose oil before this, as it's supposed to be high in GLA's which some acne prone skins are low in, but it turned out I was quite allergic to that, so i tried this; as it appeared to be high in GLA's as well. I only used it for one night after washing my face, and woke up with several new pimples burgeoning on my forehead, and some white heads along my jaw. It didn't leave my skin softer, or any healthier looking (although of course it was only one night of use), and my skin was just as dry as it had been before application. So in short if you have sensitive acne-prone skin, I would reconsider using either evening primrose or rose hip oil to treat acne. When it comes to acne I just don't trust/follow the "it gets worse before it gets better" theory.

on 12/12/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this so much. I have oily skin but now that it is winter I have been battling dry patches and overall dryness. The answer was just a oil underneath my nighttime moisturizer and now my skin is perfect! This hasn't broken me out, and absorbs nicely. It definitely is brightening my skin tone overall and helping little by little with my acne scars. It has a very earthy, herbal smell. If you get the real deal, it will be BRIGHT orange. Buy your oils at health food stores and not on Amazon :)