Rosehip Seed Oil

Rosehip Seed Oil
Favorite oilEnter Title

4.2

rose (usually rose moschata or rosa rubiginosa) hip seed oil

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Rosehip seed oil definitely has holy grail status for me. Lately my skin has been oily and dry and tight at the same time. After washing my face I take two drops of cold pressed rosehip seed oil and apply to my face in the T-zone, which is where the oiliness, dryness and tightness mix usually occurs. Works like a charm. My face is SO soft and smooth and not a single pimple have I had since I started using it. That is a big deal for me, considering the fact that I'm very acne prone. The dryness and tightness is completely gone and my face doesn't get as oily as it used to - still a little oily but the thing is that my skin doesn't look like it! My skin looks and feels so balanced and healthy right now, it's incredible. I use it like an eye cream as well and it's lovely for that purpose too. The scent is not my favorite, however, but I would be lying if I said that it bothers me. It's absolutely not overwhelming and it doesn't linger. The color is not a problem either, but I think that might depend on how much you apply. I bought a bottle of 30 milliliters for about 9 dollars and I believe that that was the perfect amount - apparently this oil expires quickly, but I don't think I will have to throw any of it away when it expires so that is good. I am so glad that I tried this oil!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

A bit about my skin. I'm super oily and anything too rich tend to clog my pores and break me out. I used to suffer from acne during my teenage years but I've kind grown out of it in adulthood but unfortunately my skin is still so oily.
So it sounds a bit counterproductive to be using an oil. I'm pleased to say it's not the case at all! I loveee rosehip oil and I use it twice a day.
In the day, I add abt 2 drops to supercharge my serum and before a light sunscreen.
At night I add abt 3 drops to my moisturizer for an overnight boost and dab a tiny bit under my eyes. I wake up with plump, refreshed skin.
It has never broken me out!
As mentioned I prefer to mix it into another medium so that it doesn't leave a greasy layer and it works brilliantly.
I must say though. Don't use it when your skin is angry and broken out... treat it first with medicated ointment. When the pimples are somewhat dried up then start with the rosehip, it will bring things into balance and help with the healing.
This oil goes rancid very quickly so I keep it in the fridge. Also go for good quality cold-pressed ones which should be an amber color. I've used the Australian brands Essano and Renew so far and both have worked really well for me.
So, of you're on the fence, give it a go!

on 10/27/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bought after seeing a Youtuber rave about it. I got mine from Iherb, it was probably the cheapest organic one they have. Used it for a couple of nights and it broke me out, which I never do. My skin does not like it, I'm sad to say.

The smell sucks btw, it's like rotten leafs or something and it is greasy which I don't particularly like.

on 10/7/2016 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I used it for a few months but I didnt notice good results. It actually makes my pore more congested

I know it dose contains lots of vitamins and nutrients , but sadly, I'm also after cosmetic result as well. I rather use vitamin c serum to actually achieve glow and pumped skin in 2 wks instead.
(Throwback review for 4 years back)

on 10/5/2016 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This oil has saved my skin. Before I started using this oil, my skin had a lot of redness and bumps and wasn't very smooth. This oil changed everything.
It smells really badly (a mix between fish and liquid latex), but I think I'm already getting used to the smell (I had to hold my breath before but not anymore).

Two days after I started using this oil I noticed that my skin wasn't as red as before. I use this oil everyday before going to sleep, I put 2-4 drops in my hand and massage my face with it. I still have some redness from time to time, obvious, but since I've been using this, not only I've been having almost no acne at all (only hormonal), but I sometimes only use pressed powder on my face and it looks great. It looks the same as before when I would wear a light/medium foundation with powder! That's a huge improvement.

Like I said, not only it improved the redness of my face adn acne, but my discoloration is way better, pus the texture of my face! It's way smoother now than before. I recommend this sooo much. Don't forget, if you want to get this oil, it should be organic, cold pressed and 100% rose hip oil (or 99% if the 1% is vitamin E to help the oil preserve better)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have super difficult skin aka rough, very oily yet dehydrated, acne prone and sensitive! And in my younger days, done real damage to my skin by using all sorts of harsh products for acne/oily skin AND used to love suntanning (no sunblock on face). As a result, my skin looks really bad.

I just recovered from a bad breakout (dark acne marks) so i started using natural/sensitive skincare products for my face. I have tried argan oil which is too oily and clogged my pores. Grapeseed oil is too dry. And finally just started rosehip seed oil from Life Flo. What a god sent!
I do not need to use any other moisturiser. It is perfect for my skin. It does look abit oily after applying but it feels oh so soft! Especially when i use at night and wake up in the morning with soft skin. It is impossible before that! I always wake up with super oily and dehydrated rough skin. This is cheap enough at iherb about $6. I have stopped using my other serums and moisturiser even my Mizon snail cream. Now my skin care routine is wash with Dr Woods liquid african black soap, tone with Simple toner and lastly this rosehip oil. I apply sun block on top if i'm going out. Even my makeup looks so much better now.

I've been using rosehip oil for a little under a year now and I honestly couldn't recommend it enough. It's full of vitamins and healthy fats and will leave your skin hydrated/nourished, even out your skin tone and if you mix it with castor oil it makes the best brow serum. I find it applies beautifully to damp skin, I spray down my face and neck with rosewater or thermal water, drop some oil into my hand, warm the oil between my palms then pat it into my skin. One thing I suggest is don't cheap out. I've tried 3 different oils from different companies and the qualities have varied TREMENDOUS amounts.

The first bottle I bought was from Radha beauty, off amazon. In retrospect I suspect the oil must've been rancid, it was absolutely disgusting. It had an offensive smell and was a bright orange color that literally stained my skin. I tried using it a couple of times but it was so gross, because I ordered It off amazon I couldn't return it otherwise I would've as soon as I opened it.

The second was from Now foods. It was something like $7 for an ounce at my local health food store so I gave it a shot. I almost finished a whole bottle and was pretty content until I decided to splurge on a higher quality oil. This oil was light, like really light. I'd apply it then have to use a moisturizer after because it didn't do a good enough job on it's own. My skin was pretty happy with it, my skin tone looked nice and even while using it but again it didn't do much for hydrating. The colour was a light yellow and smell was something between flax oil and frying oil.

The bottle i'm currently using is from Nura Natural as is by far the best. It was $20 including shipping and its not even comparable to the other two. The oil is very rich, a nice amber color and has a pleasant smell. When applied it takes 10 minutes to totally soak in but once it does my skin is SO hydrated and absolutely radiant. Another plus is It's in a really nice dark green glass bottle which looks so chic and has a dropper which makes application quick, easy and precise.

I can't stress enough how important it is to shop around and make sure you get a good quality product! It makes all the difference.

on 7/14/2016 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin, very acne prone.

I've tried this as part of an oil cleansing method, as well as a straight up moisturiser.

The oil cleansing method really didn't do much for me in terms of clearing my pores. When I used it as a moisturiser, I found the oil to be too dry and not hydrating enough. I did notice a few new pimples would come up after every time I used oil.

I'm giving this product a miss.

on 7/8/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using rose hip oil on my skin for the past few months now, up to last month. I only use it sometimes now since my skin tends to get oilier in the summer but before I used it two drops, twice a day on damp skin. Then I let in sink in for a minute for two and apply my regular moisturizer. I've found it really helped reduced the redness on my face and I feel like it's evened out my skin tone and given me a bit of a glow as well as smoothed out my skin.. I remember like the first week I used it I noticed such a difference in my skin, at the end of the day my foundation stayed on perfectly well no flaking or redness, just like totally smooth like when it was freshly applied. Amazing product. Definitely a must have for those who have dry skin.

Two words: NEVER AGAIN. This stuff literally broke me out within minutes. I'm talking pimples and whiteheads all over. Never using this oil again. 👎🏻

Popular Face Skincare Products