Rosehip Seed Oil

Rosehip Seed Oil
Favorite oilEnter Title

4.2

rose (usually rose moschata or rosa rubiginosa) hip seed oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm on my second bottle. I think that it's the most under used oil on the market. It really helps my skin regenerate. At first the changes were minimal. It does hydrate without being greasy. It sinks right into the skin. But after consistently using this oil, the changes are wonderful. My lines around my eyes are fading and my skin texture is soft and smooth. Rosehips have been used for centuries on problem and aging skin. RoseHip Oil also has a high content of unsaturated essential fatty acids, namely oleic (15-20%), linoleic (44-50%) and linolenic (30-35%). They are called " essential " because our body is not able to reproduce them, and because they help to nourish and maintain a healthy skin. For me it's had a regenerative effect. I was looking old before my time (I'm 35).

I've recently chucked all my "chemical" makeup and skin care products in exchange for a paraben-free more natural beauty routine. I have hormonal acne, hypersensitive skin that just looked bad. Chemical products were making it look worse. Within a few weeks of going natural my skin looks amazing. It's clear, brighter, smoother and less wrinkles. I feel good about going in public now. I had the beginning of Rosacea. It scared me away from chemicals. I'm sold on organic and natural products now. Nature gave us everything we need. No need to create something in a lab.

Oil Cleanser for Combo Skin

1 part Rosehip Oil
1 part Cold-pressed Extra virgin Olive Oil
1 Part jojoba Oil
5 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
4 Drops of Geranium Essential Oil
5 Drops of sandlewood Essential Oil
3 Drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil

Directions: Rub Oil mix into the face. Massage in a circular motion on the temples and forehead and half circles on the cheekbones and rub outward on the jawline and neck. The oil will emulsify your makeup. It takes a little more time then soap but it doesn't strip the skin of it's natural oils. Yes, even oily skin can benefit from the oil method, just throw in some castor oil which is better for oily skin types.

After the oil pulls the dirt and makeup from the face. Take a hot (But not overly so) washcloth and press against the face breathing in the essential oils. Wipe gently to remove the oil and your clean!!!!! Not stripped. Some oils may remain. I do this twice a day and my skin looks marvelous.

In the past ten years I have used 5 bottles of rosehip oil. Each time I have tried a different brand in the hope that it would do something for my skin, and each time it has done nothing. This does not aggravate my skin, but neither does it make it look any better. Other vegetable oils work much better on my skin, and the oil that makes it look its best is cod liver oil. Disgusting though it may smell, it is packed with vitamin a and d, so I pour a small amount into an old rosehip oil bottle, add a few capsules of vitamin e oil and some lavendar oil to kill the smell. This makes my skin glow and heals any cuts (or popped pimples) in record time. So my advice to everyone out there who has tried rosehip oil and found that it didn't do a thing for them is - instead of doing what I did which is try various brands in the hope you would get the rosehip oil glow that others did, try something else. It simply doesn't work for everyone, nothing does. Nonetheless I am not prepared to give this a bad review because it is not a bad product, just not right for me.

on 11/4/2007 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I apply this after applying jojoba oil to my face as a moisturizer at night. It contains omegas and vitamin E, which is good for the skin.

I apply 2 - 3 drops to my palms, warm up and gently press onto my face and neck. I find it sometimes gives me little bumps, which I attribute to the vitamin E, but they don't turn into pimples but rather dry up and flake off.

Despite the bumps and my predisposition to oily skin this does not aggravate it in any way nor is my skin oily in the morning.

on 10/13/2007 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I read about rosehip seed oil in a beauty book. I had never heard of it. Like the first reviewer, I purchased a small bottle to try it. This feels soo good on the skin. I use it at night after cleansing before going to bed. It sinks right in, and I wake in the morning with my faced so smooth and plump. I have also noticed that the tiny milia I had on my eyelids have disappeared. My new HG night moistureizer!

on 7/13/2007 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a review for rosehip seed oil. My first purchase was from ebay, now I am purchasing this from mountainroseherbs.com which runs about $10.50 for a 4oz bottle, which will last a long time! I it has been said about a lot of products but a little does go a long way. My first purchase was for a 1/2oz bottle and it has lasted for almost two months and I use it twice a day, sometimes three...ok on to my review.

This oil is a number one staple beauty product for me. I'm not very loyal to most products but I don't think I could live with out this! I used to have oily/combo skin. This oil has really helped to balance the oily parts while providing enough hydration to the dry areas. My overall tone has evened out and my skin feels very soft and smooth. It really does seem to be helping reduce the size or appearance of my pores; and I have noticed the amount/noticability of blackheads on my nose is also diminished. My face never had that tight feeling anymore but that is also due to the type of face wash I now use.

I know a lot of people get very discouraged about using an oil on their faces, logically is shouldn't work; it does! Rosehip is considered a dry oil, it does not leave a greasy feel at all. I apply it after a shower, it takes a few minutes to sink in, I use mineral makeup over it and the oil really seems to help the makeup bind and gives me a more natural glow. Through out the day my face does not feel oily like it used to also this has not caused me to break out at all. If anything it seems to be helping to heal some stubborn acne...it doesn't prevent break outs but does seem to reduce the amount of time the buggers hang around, when I do get a zit I add some lavender oil to the rosehip and the duo seems to knock the zit right out and reduces the redness.

When I first started using rosehip I did notice a strange scent, it does NOT smell like roses but it wasn't that big of a deal to me. Now I don't notice it at all, I do mix different essential oils (tea tree, lavender, orange) with it so that helps too. One other mention, this oil should be refridgerated, I pour some into a smaller bottle and keep the rest in the fridge.

Popular Face Skincare Products