Rosehip Seed Oil

Rosehip Seed Oil
Favorite oilEnter Title

4.2

rose (usually rose moschata or rosa rubiginosa) hip seed oil

on 8/12/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not really sure how to rate this. I've used it for about a week, didn't see any results. But, after some research I realized I bought the "all natural" and not the "organic".

on 8/6/2013 3:34:00 PM

I started using this 6 months ago for under eye wrinkles that were starting to come in... I will say although it took awhile, I absolutely see a difference and will continue to use not only on my eyes but faced. My understanding it must be cold pressed and pure.

on 7/30/2013 7:56:00 AM

I should have listened to the reviewer on this site who advised a patch test because she got really bad facial cysts from using this product. I got the worst facial cysts ever from using this product. I am still recovering - nearly 6 weeks later - and I know that it will take another 2-3 weeks for the cysts to be gone but I will scar now.
I put this product straight onto my skin and it felt great - for 3 days, until the cysts erupted. It ruined a weekend out with friends because my face looked so bad.

I have learned never again to experiment with my skin and stick to tried and tested products. I am afraid that I was swayed by good reviews.

I bought my product from The Aromatherapy Shop. It was very cheap and it was stored in a plastic bottle. This may have been part of the problem. I'm not sure that plastic is a good container for oil. Nevertheless, the company were not at all sympathetic when I returned it and would not refund the postage back to them because I had opened it. This was unfair as it has damaged my skin a lot. I was told by this company that my reaction is rare; I'm not sure that it is as too many people are saying the same thing.
I would avoid this product. I wish I had.

on 7/5/2013 11:04:00 AM

My 1st review is for the brand Life Flo Health's rosehip seed oil. This one is excellent. Inexpensive & preserved with a touch of tocopherol (I still keep mine in the fridge because RHO goes rancid very quickly). I have been using it on a new scar with excellent results, the scar has been shrinking & healing rapidly. I wish I would have known about this stuff when I had my 1st child!! It is a rich, reddish oil & a little bit goes a LONG way. I also like the dropper bottle that it comes in. Very convenient. I use a tiny bit on my face occasionally, but I think 2-3 drops max, massaged gently onto a damp face is sufficient, sometimes I even mix a drop or two into my nigh time moisturizer. I have had great results, but I'm just finally done with PMS breakouts, at 32 I'm finally completely done with acne breakouts in general, YMMV.
2nd review;
NOW brand rosehip seed oil. Stay away & save your money!!! I bought that first & what a waste. First of all, the oil was clear & kept for 2 years without going rancid, that's a big red flag that they're probably not even selling real RHO. NOW brand RHO did nothing for my skin & if people are not getting results from their RHO, I'm going to assume they bought this kind.

on 7/1/2013 9:32:00 AM

I wish I'd listened to the bad reviews of this product - and not the good ones - before I slathered it all over my face and got the worst break-out of cyst like spots EVER within 3 days! I feel that my lovely skin has been damaged by this nasty product. Don't listen to the nonsense about how good it is: don't buy it. It is cheap but utterly cheerless and it will leave you with bad skin to clear up using your old tried and trusted products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

Took a chance on this stuff: Eco brand (100%) organic rosehip oil (Marshalls find!). I'd tried a sample of $$$ Nude oil, and liked what it did for me so I saw this stuff and thought I'd give it a try for a tiny fraction of the price. What a find!

My skin heals sooo slowly and its hard to find oil/cream products that do not break me out or accentuate areas of oiliness while hydrating dry areas. This stuff is amazing: at the time I had messed with an unsightly blemish-- leaving a more unsightly injury. I put Neosporin on that bad boy every day for 5 days and was still an ugly, open eyesore. Enter rosehip oil: the next day it had closed, the day after the remaining red spot shrunk by ~75%! That was not at all what I bought it for, I just thought it would hydrate my skin at best.

So the rest of my skin? We'll see what happens after extended use, but my skin looks even, hydrated and feels soft. Rosehip oil seems to sink into skin more than other oils I've used-- I agree with another reviewer that says to do it while skin is still moist for max. effect.

If you suffer from areas of patchy dryness mixed with areas of oiliness, do yourself a favor and supplement your skin with rosehip oil!

on 6/12/2013 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It broke me out in days of using it. It disappoints me because I saw all these great reviews about it. And I have major scars on my skin. It's very thick like a serum. I thought is was thin like the tea tree oil. And it clogged my pores and everything. It did help with the scars. But it mad me break out like mad. Not buying this again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is the HG of skin oils for me. Prior to trying to conceive, birth control had my mid-20, combo skin under some version of control with at least one breakout at any given time and 2-3 during my period. After I stopped the pill and got pregnant, all hell broke loose...it was like pubescent warfare had been declared on my poor face. I wasn't about to resort to my traditional, harsher methods of treatment (retinoid, salicylic acid, etc.) and regular facials just were not in the budget. So, I turned to this face oil with low expectations (my experience with jojoba and tea tree were sub-par). It was amazing! I went from a multiple step routine (clarisonic, witch hazel toner, eye cream, face cream) to washing off my makeup and applying this oil. The smell wasn't luxurious, but it wears off and feels soo good on the skin. My biggest concerns were pimples, dryness and hyper pigmentation and I saw results immediately! Blackheads shrank, pimples were few and far in between (if the rare one did pop up, it would be tiny and be such a tight whitehead that washing it would pop it), open scratches healed in record time and my old scars faded in one week. I couldn't believe that this simple oil was working better than all the variety of creams and products I had tried! It went head to head with pregnancy hormones and saved my face! I read about how you could mix with an emulsifying oil and how to layer it with moisturizer to seal it in, but the tamanu oil I tried didn't give me better results, so I didn't mess with it. Seriously, I went from "I should wear foundation to cover these scars" to "I only need SPF and I am ready!" Do yourself a favor and switch to this, it is amazing!!
Edit: I had to get a version that didn't have Vitamin E because it made my breakouts return. Now I use the old oil on my décolletage and hands while using the pure rosehip oil on my face

on 5/5/2013 3:00:00 PM

Rose hip oil is one of my oldest beauty tricks to keep my skin hydrated and glowing. I mix a small drop into my moisturizer and it blends evenly and smoothly into my skin. I even use a small amount around my eye area around bed time (but i am very careful to not get it into my eyes) and when i wake up my eyes are hydrated and fresh. Such a great beauty find.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Don't always believe the hype! My oily skin has benefited very well from applying an oil as a moisturizer for my face.

I purchased rose hip seed oil by the brand Now and love how well it works on my face. I use this in combination with organic aloe vera gel. I really believe this has helped check my oily acne skin and has drastically changed how often my skin becomes congested with white heads.

I paid about $6 for a 1 oz bottle and have been using it since Dec. 2012 and still have 3/4 of the bottle left. It basically pays for itself.

A little bit goes a long way. Just make sure the oil is applied to damp skin. That is the only way it will absorb and moisturize the skin. Otherwise, it will just sit on top.

Jojoba, almond, argan, apricot and multiple other oils never helped balance the oil production on my face and this one truly works.

I'm so in love with rose hip seed oil.

Popular Face Skincare Products