Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

I had read so much about people liking this (all the backstage secrets kind of articles, how this is used at runway shows and is a great base), but also reviews about how it might be too rich. After requesting a tube from my brother when he was traveling in France, I was excited to try it myself - and after overcoming some nervousness about possible breaking out, I'm very happy with it. I can't find it in Canada except online, where it is about $50 CAD for the 2.54 Fl Oz (about 75ml), I find this a still a good price but will also have to pay shipping etc which inflates the price.

Part of why some don't like it is the shea butter and beeswax. As someone petrified to break out (had a period in my 20's with adult acne), I am loathe to try anything that has a whiff of pimple-possibility. The other side is that I have noticed how much better my skin now reacts to richer moisturizer than it did when I was younger: in my 20's, I fought feeling like an oily mess; now in my late 30's, richer creams actually help me feel less oily and my skin drinks it up, helping makeup sit better and last longer (not to mention feeling delicious). Some don't recommend it for daytime use, as it is rich, but I'm fine with it. I don't need to use a lot to get great results. It will be more of a winter product for me, as I know in the summer I will be sweating and need something lighter.

In an aluminum tube, which I love, and a very light & pleasant smell, I like this product but wish it was easier to get.

This didn't do anything special to my skin. For my combination skin it was way too rich and using this as a primer made my makeup melt on my face. It was worth a try but I will use it up as a lip and eye mask and won't buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As someone with extremely dry, flaky skin, this moisturiser is a God send. I love everything about the formula of this product, it's very thick but not at all greasy. It's fragrance free as well so will be ideal for people with sensitive skin. And because it's so thick, it takes a few moments for it to really penetrate the skin and work it's magic. I've tried moisturisers in the past that soak into my skin immediately and still leave my skin feeling tight and dry. This does the exact opposite and I love it!

Don't be scared of the formula if you have acne prone skin, I do too and this does not break me out at all. My foundation goes on beautifully when I prep with this moisturiser and keeps my foundation looking almost freshly applied after a long day. I really can't recommend this enough, especially for dry and mature skins.

Although I love this moisturiser, there are some negatives I want too touch on, the first is the packaging. It comes in an aluminium squeeze bottle and this material makes it really hard to squeeze out product when it's coming to an end. The second is the price, this is the most expensive moisturiser I've ever used at £20 but it's performance definitely justifies it's price, however it's still A LOT of money for a moisturiser. The final con I want to mention is that this doesn't last very long. If you use it day and night, seven days a week you'll get about 2 months use out of it, however you can definitely prolong it's life if you use it sparingly. A little goes a long way with this.

Regardless of the negatives, it's positives definitely out weigh them and that's why I've been using this moisturiser for over a year. I would absolutely recommend this!

If you can't find this in your country you can use Nivea in the blue tin because the ingredients and texture are the same. I have both. Just warn the nivea in your hands and pat into skin it's amazing.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is okay, i don't think there is anything amazing to it. Perfect price but nothing special - good all round cream if you don't have any skinconcerns.

on 2/10/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have sensitive, combination, acne prone skin and this is a nice, gentle, deep moisturising product.

I think it's mainly popular because it's a simple moisturiser with very few ingredients and a reasonable price tag! Not to mention that it seems to work for most skin types.

Why it's referred to as magic cream, though, I have no idea!

UPDATE/EDIT: After using several tubes of this, I belatedly found out that this was causing me to breakout! Won't repurchase again!

on 2/8/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Not worth the hype. I'll admit my purchase was based off reviews in YouTube. It will not work for you if you have dry to very dry skin. At its best thus is a moisturizer that will leave you feeling dehydrated within 20 minutes. I'd suggest to use it in the summer IF you already own it. It's not worth the price either. Ridiculous price point for what the product provides. I regret this purchase from 2016

on 1/28/2017 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin and I can't tolerate most moisturizers. Although I am Sicilian and was blessed with very oily skin in my youth, as I've gotten older and used more retinoids like A313 and Differin, my skin has become drier. Most other moisturizers I've tried seem to fill in my pores and give me blackheads or breakouts, but this is the first one I've found that protects my skin and doesn't make me break out. This is an amazing balm that lasts a long time.

If I were using it as a makeup remover, I could see how it would be easy to burn through a tube quickly, but I just use it as a mask and moisturizer. I bought a tube on Amazon for around $18, and even with twice-daily use, I've only used half the tube over about 6 weeks. I squeeze the tube from the bottom and it's completely flat with no waste, and I like that the metal tube is recyclable. This cream is a lifesaver for the winter time, when my skin is extra-dry. It is a wonderful skin protectant.

I normally prefer fragrance-free products, and although I wish this cream came in a fragrance-free formula, the scent is very light and disappears eventually. I wear a CPAP mask at night and this cream doesn't interfere with the mask at all. I am thrilled to have found this cream and I will definitely repurchase.

Edit: I am now using pure hyaluronic acid on my face for moisturizing, but I still love using this cream on my neck and chest/decolletage.

on 1/27/2017 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG status! I use it as a primer for night time - I have a different primer with SPF for day. You don't need much and your foundation just glides right on like silk. The only real issues I have is that I don't like the scent. It's rose-scented but in a fake way (almost like bathroom spray so yikes!) Also the tube isn't that great. I tend to squeeze out too much product and it crinkles up too much so you end up not getting it all out

on 1/18/2017 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Welp. Another over-hyped, under-performing product, whose praise is totally unmerited. Granted, it’s not bad, per say, but it’s not great either, and it’s certainly not worth all of the buzz it receives. The only reason that I believe it gets all of the hype that it does, is because it IS a fairly versatile product (meaning, it’s so basic and no-frills that it works on most skin types), and it DOES soften the skin and wear nicely under makeup….But a lot of moisturizers do as well, and this contains no revolutionary ingredients to warrant the price tag or “miracle” claim. You can literally find the same quality products with very similar ingredients at the drugstore for a fraction of the cost (i.e. Pond’s Dry Skin Cream pretty much does the exact same thing as this, has similar ingredients, comes in a much bigger tub, and is 1/3 of the price).

Embryolisse touts this as a “do-all” product that primes, moisturizes, removes makeup, and can be used as a mask. Like I said, it does wear well under makeup and moisturize, but so should any half decent face cream? The priming claim is extremely gimmicky, as that only really means that it smooths and softens the skin for makeup application….Which, again, any moisturizer does for the most part. As far as removing makeup goes, any mineral oil (or any oil, really) based product can do that. The only facet I don’t have a comment for is the mask claim, as I have not tried it as a mask. However, based on the ingredients, my guess is that it would be just as lackluster as a mask as it is as a cream. You can make more effective DIY masks for much cheaper.

To top off the mediocrity of this product, it also has a fairly strong florally scent, which many people find irritating, and can aggravate sensitive skin. Some of the ingredients are also comedogenic. I haven’t broken out from this, but I’d be cautious if you’re super acne-prone.

Long story short, this product does what it claims and all, but it’s sure as hell no miracle and you can find better quality for the same price or less. The ingredients list is literally just water, mineral oil, and a bunch of emulsifiers. Why pay $30+ for that? Skip this.