Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)
EmLait-Crème Concentrè (24-Hour Miracle Cream)

3.8

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Cera Alba, Cetyl Palmitate, Butyrospermum Parkii, Steareth-10, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone, Parfum.****************************WATER . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM . STEARIC ACID . PALMITIC ACID . GLYCERYL STEARATE SE . TRIETHANOLAMINE . BEESWAX . CETYL PALMITATE . SHEA BUTTER . 1,2-HEXANEDIOL . CAPRYLYL GLYCOL . STEARETH-10 . POLYACRYLAMIDE . C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN . FRAGRANCE . LAURETH-7 . PROPYLENE GLYCOL . TROPOLONE . HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have finally found this cream and here is what I have to say about it: it is a great moisturiser for a dry / normal to dry skin. It is quite sheer and yet rich in its formulation, that a little amount is quite enough to provide an all-day soothing effect on the skin even if you like to wear quite a heavy base. This cream will work great with heavy powders as well.

It does however have quite a strong scent that you notice right away. Unfortunately there was no tester, so I had to buy it blindly. I have noticed though that after weeks of using it, I am kind of ok with it - but in the beginning I really hated the garden shop smell of it.

Other than that - it didn't cause my skin any troubles, I had no break-outs or clogged pores. I find that I prefer using my Kiehls cream at night for a better/deep skin hydration, whereas underneath makeup - Embryolisse works just fine.

If you want to read how compatible it is with combination or oily skin types - head for an in-depth review here. I hope it helps you guys somehow.

I used up so many tubes already!

Normally I use this as a base for my make-up. It's amazingly hydrating and smoothing. The scent is very nice, smells like those old time cold creams you find on your Mum's vanity.

It's my go-to product when I travel. I use it as an all-purpose moisturizer.

Will re-purchase until these no longer exist!

on 5/22/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I can't say enough about this product. My face is so dry because of accutane and it saves me. It actually keeps my face moist all day and I highly recommends this for anyone with dry skin. Some of my favorite makeup artist on you tube recommended this and I'm so happy I listened.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I cannot see the hype in this product, and I really wanted to like this... It wasn't cheap and made my actually dry skin extremely oily and shiny. I will definitely not buy it again.

on 5/11/2015 2:22:00 AM

I had high hopes for this as it is a very highly raved about product, but it didn't work for me at all. I have dry-combo skin, and this cream didn't help with the dryness + seemed to clog my pores so I stopped using it after a weak =/

I don't really have positives to say, the main cons for me:
- a bit greasy/"sits on the skin"
- no noticeable relief for dry skin
- comedogenic (from experience and several of the ingredients are not recommended for acne prone skin, such as, Stearic Acid, Triethanol amine, and Steareth-10)
- quite strongly perfumed (although not an unpleasant smell, fragrance is an unnecessary irritant)

When used properly, it can be a lifesaver. I use little make up, and rarely ever any full-face make up (foundation, etc.). For the last 10 years I've not even used a cleanser, but only cold water to wash my face morning and night, and only began seeking a nighttime moisturizer as I knew my skin needed more attention as I got older. My skin can be very sensitive, but has often been surprisingly resilient, so I'm sure I'm within a broad spectrum of readers and reviewers. Embryolisse is a great product for my low-maintenance skin needs. I wash at night, with cold water, and put a dime-sized amount around my face paying particular attention to the thin skin around and under my eyes. It's light, non-greasy, pleasant-smelling, and so far, very effective. Would buy again, and will.

on 3/26/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product for around 12-15 in Boots UK. This was only for a small 30ml tube.
I bought it due to the huge hype from the makeup industry, and apparently makeup artists use it on celebrity clients, and Pixiwoo also use it alongside many youtube beauty "gurus" too. I guess I was bought into the hype.

I have extremely extremely dry skin. I literally have no oil glands left in my body as I was on Roaccutane treatment. I don't have skin literally peeling off my face, but It is dry and sensitive and I can't use harsh acid based products as my face adapts and reacts overnight to products.

- This moisturiser is like a lotion in consistency, not to the point where its dripping off your hands but it is runnier than normal creams
- the smell isn't too overpowering, not dreadful. Its okay. nothing fantastic
- This tube isnt as good to use as a tub would be for me. this is because when you squeeze it out, like toothpaste, it changes the tube shape and wrinkles the tube if that makes sense, so it can actually become difficult to use and squeeze out.
- as the packaging is a tube, its a low quality tube material as opposed to something made from a thicker material like garnier moisture match, therefore it is prone to tearing and ripping, which isn't hygienic, and is less hygienic than a tub.
- It did moisturise my skin and made it feel soft. Not for 24 hours.
- It sat on my skin and left an oily residue even though I have very dry skin. It didn't absorb and made my hair stick to my face at times.
- The worst part, it made my foundation oxidise like crazy and was really dark.
- Its not worth the money, and is too small.
- my foundation still clinged to my patches, but it made my skin feel moisturised.

overall, I will NOT be repurchasing this product.
I don't see the hype.

on 3/21/2015 1:53:00 AM

I tried this twice and both times my face broke out horribly with tiny bumps everywhere. I wanted to believe all the good reviews but this cream was terrible for my combination skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought my first tube (the small one) from Sephora for $16 USD. I'm 54, have normal-dry skin with no acne, ever. I was looking for a nighttime cream at the time. I The first time, i squeezed too much out of the tube, and ended up using the rest in my hands. After that, I found that for my skin, I need a drop the size of large pea. That's it. I put it on my finger pads, emulsify it a little, then gently pat the product on my entire face. I don't rub it in. It melts into my skin, leaves no residue...just supple, comfortable skin. I will NEVER switch. It is even delicate enough for a baby's skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The HG of moisturisers. I had seen this being used on You Tube alot and getting lots of praise - I assumed this would be yet another over hyped product - (how wrong I was) but was still interested to try it! I finally decided to try (75 ml Gold edition for 22 pounds) which is more than I would normally spend on a moisturiser than wasn't 'high end.' Well it is worth every penny and I cant see myself straying!

I have combination skin - which can feel dry and tight in areas after cleansing. At first when I put it on I thought it was far too heavy but after a few mins it had soaked into my skin beautifully - my skin felt soft and it was the perfect make up base. It doesnt feel greasy at all. What is even more amazing however is that since wearing this my skin still feels soft and smooth at the end of the day. It has incredible lasting power and I can't believe how long my skin feels like a baby's for! It has not go much of a smell also for those who like unperfumed products.

The only negative I have is the packaging (this may be because I got the special anniversary tube) - The way it's designed everytime I squeeze some out too much comes out and I can't see a way around it :( Also, I cant see this being a hit if you have v oily skin.