Nivea Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

Nivea Sun Kissed firming moisturizer light to medium skin (body)

3.5

Ugh. My legs turned orange and splotchy, really bad. It smelled better than most, but I'm returning it tomorrow.

on 4/24/2008 2:49:00 PM

At first it smells ok, couple hours later, it smells terrible. My husband said i smelled like i took a bath in urine, and I agreed! If u can handle the smell it gives a nice color, otherwise, don't bother purchasing, because it stinks!

on 3/20/2008 9:47:00 AM

this one smelled okay...in the beginning. i had been looking for a gradual tanner that wouldn't make me sick from the smell and out of the bottle this one smelled different. it has ginko biloba in it to help w/ the smell. unfortunatly the smell was there after a few hours with the lotion on. and it was bad. i won't buy this again because of the smell, but it also turned me yellow. most self tanners do that to me...i've never turned orange, just yellow.

Hmm, I don't know if you're supposed to use this on your face (the bottle doesn't say) but I do anyway. Loved the fact that it didn't turn my face orange, and the color is subtle so it's not like "whoa what happened to your face?" Doesn't clog my pores too much, which is good. And it was pretty cheap compared to other self tanners that are crap. Just be sure to blend in evenly, I didn't the first time and ended up with a mustache. Oops.

on 10/30/2007 5:12:00 AM

One of the least streaky, non-orange gradual tanners I've ever used. Previous purchases in Dove and Jergens left gross smelling "self tanning" scent and orange-y streaks.

I'm pale/fair skinned (C3 in Mac foundation) with a little bit of yellow undertones (I'm Chinese) and my legs (super pale) never tan (contrary to the rest of my body). I use the light to medium.

On day 3 of my Nivea Sun-Kissed firming moisturizing regimen and I have to say the smell is VERY pleasant. The peach scent is really soothing and I can only smell a faint, minute hint of that self tanner smell.

Only had one small streak on my leg, but only because I forgot to put lotion on that spot. Streak was subtle, wasn't noticeable so I corrected this by not using the product for 2 days and continuing again afterwards.

Nice color, matches my skin perfectly, and gives a light tan/glowing look. Not orange at all. Bought this for around $7 so it's cheap, but the product is used up somewhat faster than other drugstore tanning lotions.

Definitely the best gradual tanning lotion I've tried so far.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great gradual tanner! No chemical scent; just a lovely fresh peach fragrance. Gives nice color. I use the medium- I'm really fair and see enough color after only 2 uses. Doesn't dry out my skin like other tanning "moisturizers". Dries quickly but sticky..would be great for the face, since NO stinging even under the eyes..but it is heavy enough to clog pores so use with caution on oily skin prone to breakouts. My HG tanner.

on 9/7/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like it so far. I use the medium to dark one, but there was no listing for that one. I'm very fair skinned, and I like to look tan, but not super dark the way traditional self-tanners make you look, but still darker than using one of these subtle ones in the light tones, so I go in between and get a dark gradual one, like this. It matches my skin tone pretty well, so no funny orange shades. I've used it now for exactly five days now, the bottle said you develop the "sun kissed" look in five days, and it did what it claimed to do- natural, not super tan, but I can now wear a skirt without hose and feel ok about it! I don't know about the skin firming thing though, but I don't have a problem with that, so that's not what I bought it for. All in all, I like it better than Jergans.

on 7/30/2007 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The scent isn't bad at all for a self-tanning product, color was faint, but nice. Unfortunately, after a week or so of using this, my skin became extremely dry! I took a good look at the ingredients and well, denatured alcohol will do that to you, especially when it's at the top of the list!

So far, so good. The SO even said I smelled nice after I put it on. More gradual than Jergens.

on 6/28/2007 11:51:00 PM

This product is supposedly both a moisturizer for the body and a gradual self tanner. I purchased this on the advice of someone at Nivea's customer service number. Nivea discontinued their Shimmer body lotion and I was looking for a similar product. I should preface this review by saying I wasn't really looking for a self tanner, just something that would give me the glow and shimmer of their discontinued lotion. So, perhaps this is why I was not wowed by this product. Even though this product is supposed to very gradually give you color, it still reeks of that horrible self tanner odor. You don't smell it at first, since the product has very heavy citrus perfume, but when that fades away...be prepared! Maybe I have a sensitive nose when it comes to self tanner odor, but I was glad I only used it on my legs and not my arms, so unless I was bending down, the smell wasn't always in my face. The odor doesn't wash off no matter how hard you scrub in the shower. It did leave my skin soft and even a bit less white, although a tad orange rather than tan.
A glutton for punishment, I actually used it 2 days before finally adding it to the "graveyard" of products under the bathroom sink.
Hard to fairly judge this product. I guess it does what it says although I can't tell about the firming properties, but for me the smell was just too much to contend with. If you have a less sensitive nose than I do, or if your body chemistry doesn't make self tanners "stinky", then you might be very happy with this product. At $6.99 a bottle, it is cheap enough to give it a whirl.

Popular Lotions / Creams