Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisture Cream SPF 15

Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisture Cream SPF 15
Nutritioniste Ultra Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisture Cream SPF 15Nutritioniste Ultra Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisture Cream SPF 15

2.8

My review is for the eye cream. My undereyes tend to be puffy with bags, but this cream firms and lifts beautifully. I'm over 30 but don't have wrinkles so I can't evaluate the "anti-wrinkle" claim; however, this product moisturizes and absorbs well. I would rate this product over Oil of Olay, Neutrogena, and L'Oreal as well as Clinique for its firming results. Next I will try the Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG eye cream since it's gotten good reviews here, but I'm positive I'll return to this cream in the future if only to rotate with a more expensive cream that also works well for firming under my eyes (Boscia's is $38; Garnier's is $15).

on 3/21/2009 2:35:00 PM

This product did absolutely nothing for my skin. Very bad product considering the promises made by the commercials. But hey, those commercials really should have made me suspicious. If a product is very good and works, it sell itself and doesnt need a huge amount of advertising on national broadcast. I have now learned my lesson.

on 2/20/2009 2:09:00 PM

It's nothing special and it smells horrid. I don't like putting it on my face because I dread smelling it.

It's a bit too greasy to apply for day, but it's okay for night. I didn't notice any firming.

on 2/16/2009 2:14:00 PM

I somehow ended up with a free sample of this product, but unfortunately I will not be purchasing the full-size product. My dry winter-time skin appreciated the moisture, but this moisturizer got really sticky when I put foundation on over it. I waited a good half-hour before applying makeup, so it had ample time to absorb. It took a lot of blending to get my foundation presentable. Since I only used this product once, I can't speak to its firming properties.

on 1/17/2009 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been using Garnier's regenerating 'sun-damage reversal' face lotion for awhile now, but with the cold dry air this winter, i needed something more moisturizing, so i switched to this formulation with pretty good results.
~Pros: hygenic pump bottle, creamy thick formula soaks in well, does not leave me greasy at all, nice light fragrance (goes away once it's absorbed), can get good deals at local drugstores when they have BOGOF sales. NO breakouts (and i usually break out when trying new products)
~Cons: I've never spent more than 10 bucks on a little bottle of face lotion, so i find the price to be a bit much for the amount of product you get- I used up an entire bottle a little over a month. But hey, i must have liked it to use up the whole thing!! haha :-). I didnt really notice much "firming" action, but i bought it for the "moisture" qualities anyway.
**I just bought my second bottle and got the one without SPF by accident, and for some reason, it doesnt feel quite as thick/creamy than the SPF 15 one. I'm still using it, but i wish i picked up the one with SPF.

on 1/13/2009 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product because I always see it on my grocery shelf, and I would love to move away from my spendy ways. Ixnay. First, the pump dispenses so much freaking product, I was anti-wrinkling my decolletage, shoulders, and earlobes. Second and worse, it broke me out terribad. I mean, a rash, not pimples, a rash. I don't know what's in it and I don't care. I just want my face to stop burning and itching.

on 1/7/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this everyday for at least a year and love the ingredients. I have combination skin that can get sensitive or oily at times and don't find this product to be greasy at all...in fact it feels very light. It's gentle enough for me to even use around the eye area, (while wearing contact lenses), without any stinging or puffiness. Makes my face feel smoother and healthier. I would recommend this, especially for it's reasonable "drug store" price.

Edited to add: Last night I opened a new container of this and put a little on my face and neck....immediately felt burning and stinging.....couldn't wipe the stuff off fast enough! So, I then had a look at the label and it appears to me that the the list of ingredients has been changed. If this is the case, they just lost a repeat customer.

I think this is a good product. I have been wearing it for about 3 weeks now. No breakouts or irritation. Does not feel greasy or weird. Has SPF 15. Pump dispenser is good. Price....meh...I think they charge a bit too much for the amount. Wrinkle wise, I actually do see a difference! I didn't really expect to. I'm very skeptical about these things. But, indeed, the lines are not as deep and no longer is my makeup settling into them. Skin is smoother all over my face. I'm 40 years old so as you can imagine this is an important issue for me right now.

The only thing not totally positive about this is that foundation is a little harder to apply with it on. The sponge "drags" a bit. However, I can overcome this by using a lighter touch.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

No. Thatís all I can say about this product. I bought it (and some others) because it had a third taken of the already reasonable price. But it seems that sometimes you do have to spend a bit more money for better results.

For the first week it did seem to firm up my face so I continued to use it, despite it not being very moisturizing. But then, my skin suddenly broke out with spots, my face was lumpy, had a rash & was very itchy.

Needless to say, everything went straight in the bin & Iím back on Olay.

on 10/28/2008 10:04:00 PM

I tend to have pretty clear skin, however, since using this product I have had more "spots" and redmarks than every before. (I also changed a couple other facial products at the same time, so I can't really pin-point the cause). But, even when I don't use the other new products and use this moisturizer alone at night, I find it to be extremely greasy and oily, a problem I have never had before. I plan on using it until I find something better with firming and SPF qualities, but I wouldn't buy it again.