MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

3.6

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (Tocomin®), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFlora®), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstin®), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

I have been using this line for about 6 or so years and I have to say without a doubt this is fantastic stuff. I LOVE the C Serum. I am a total makeup junkie and have tried everything probably in the mainstream market both non-organic and organic. This line is really good quality. I do realize the price is high for the serum. I have to say though that nothing comes close so I use it sparingly. You don't need tons on your face. I have used all their products except the apple line. I am a true fan of this line. They just introduced a mineral makuep line and I am trying the ivory color stick. It is a creamy foundation. I am hoping that it is as great as their products. I am always searching for a decent mineral makup that doesn't make the lines appear more magnifed like BARE MINERALS does! I hate that! The Incredible Pumpkin Peel rocks. That is another favorite of mine. Really whatever you buy will be great as I have complete confidence in this line so the price really is worth it. They also have sales so just watch for those!:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have oily, acne prone skin. I have had problems with it for at least 20 years. I have searched far and wide for a product that worked consistently. I was doing ok with my previous products, but still had the occasional breakouts, and felt there had to be something out there to improve my skin.

I loved the idea of using a product line that leaves out all the chemical nasties, so I ordered some of this C Serum for a discounted price through the Amazon subscribe service. My skin has never been so clear. I am on my second bottle, and hope results continue for a long, long time. I have had maybe 2 pimples in the last 4 months. Amazing, considering I used to have at least 2 at all times! I was using the C Serum morning and night, but added the Clear Skin Serum about a month ago at night instead of the C Serum because it's much less expensive. But I believe the C Serum is what made all the difference. If you have acne, I highly recommend it. It does NOT help with shine, but at least I'm clear!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used this for about two weeks now. I have sensitive skin and I've developed a light sandpaper rash where I've been using it. I can't seem to use any of MyChelle's products for this same reason. Tried the rosacea serum...got sandpaper rash. Tried the polypeptide cream...Same response.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Let me start by saying that this product is pricey and doesn't last long. However, despite the price, I love this product! I have oily acne prone skin, and whenever I feel like I am getting a pimple, I put this stuff over the spot at night and by daytime it is gone! It doesn't seem to have much effect on my brown post-acne spots, nor does it control oil or anything. However, it seems to be improving the condition of my skin and that is amazing for me. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just went throug the first bottle and honestly didnt seen any difference in my skin. Plus I went tthrough it in under 4 weeks - close to like 3. However, I like the ingredient list AND it has a high level of ascorbiv acid and it goes on like water which is important. I am only buying this again because I actually need a serum I can wear underneath all the stuff i put on my skin and not interfere or make it pilly - so the fact that it is ORGANIC is a huge plus since i am adding other heavier stuff to my skin. So I will try a second bottle but im also going to try the oil soluble 20% serum c in a silicone base and see if it will interfere with my other face products....

BUT obagi left better results on my skin but its too expensive and oxidizes to fast and I feel like i am in a competition to use it up before it turns brown and i dont want that pressure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This C Serum makes me break out. But, I've never found a Vitamin C product that doesn't make me break out. This is just another one that I can't use. Otherwise I liked it, but it just doesn't work for me.

This is a nice serum. Smooth, doesn't burn, and has a very high amount of ascorbic acid, unlike most C serums. Price isn't as bad as many of them. However the price is high for the teeeeeeny little bottle. Since I use this as a preventive maintenance thing, I don't see a ton of effect, but I do notice a smoother, more glowy appearance with I do use it. It's very subtle, but it adds a certain healthiness. Just wish it weren't so pricy. Still, for other C serum with similarly high ascorbic acis content, this is comparatively cheap, so I keep buying it. Maintenance item for me.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

First, the good news: what I love about MyChelle products are the ethics and standards behind them ~ no animal testing and no harmful ingredients. I love the packaging of this product as well- the opaque glass pump bottle is just great. The texture is also nice – it sinks right into my skin and does not leave a tacky or sticky after-feel, nor does it smell funky (as did Cellex C.)
Now for the bad news: the price & performance. I could justify the cost of this serum if I really noticed a difference in my skin. But sadly, that’s not the case. After almost two months of use, I can’t rationalize buying another (tiny) bottle of this serum because I just do not see any improvement whatsoever. It’s a shame, because I was hoping this would be my HG vitamin C serum. The search continues . . . .

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this serum a bit over a year now. My latest bottle is the new packaging. This is the best C serum I have tried, and it is having noticeable effects on the texture and smoothness of my skin. I ran out a few months ago and didn't bother to buy more, after a few weeks of not using it I noticed the difference - larger pores and more freckles. I went out and got some more and my skin is happy again!

I recently switched to Avalon Organics CoQ10 moisturizer day and night cream and the combo is especially effective - my skin looks really good!

Mychelle describes this product as a stabelized L ascorbic at 15% along with other antioxidants such as wine phytoalexins. CoQ10, retinol, lycopene, beta carotene, D-beta glucosamine.
I am still up in the air somewhat becauase usually I get a quick glow with C serums; however I have notived increased smoothness, so I am sticking with this product for awhile and will update. Samples are available.