REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Green
REVLON 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]
3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black [DISCONTINUED]

2.7

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Worst mascara I've ever used. The brush is tiny, it irritated my eyes, and is over all just horrible. Save yourself the money and don't buy it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know what everybody's complaining about - I personally love this stuff.

Yes, I'll admit originally I was a bit off-put by the tiny brush (it's way smaller than it looks like on the packaging), and it was a little awkward to use at first. Once you do get used to it though, it proves to be very good at dispersing the product evenly over the lashes without any clumps. The tiny brush also helps to get every last lash.

Besides that, it's also a wonderful mascara. I would actually say that this is going to be my new HG mascara, replacing L'Oreal's Voluminous (irony being that I only bought it because the random drug store I walked into for my urgent mascara fix didn't have Voluminous, and this seemed like a good alternative). It lengthens and thickens just as well as Voluminous (which, in my opinion, is better than any other drug store mascara I've tried), but it beats out Voluminous in terms of consistency. While I found that Voluminous tends to be on the clumpy and gooey side, this one is not.

For a mascara that I expected to be absolutely crappy, I am very pleasantly surprised. At $11.99 CND for a 6.2 ml tube (it's a very small, strange looking tube - the handle of the wand reminds me of the handle of a wrench. If you've seen it, I'm sure you know what I mean), it's on the expensive side of the spectrum for a drug store mascara. I personally think it's well worth it and, added bonus! Revlon doesn't test on animals (unlike L'Oreal, Maybelline, Cover Girl and so many others)!

Will repurchase, of course.

on 9/12/2007 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Well, when I first pulled the brush out of the tube I was like what....? It is kinda of tricky to use at first, but it actually really awesome once you get the hang of it. I have really thin but long lash, and I was trying to wiggle the wand from root to tip and it kept getting clumpy. The trick is you have to pull it straight through from root to tip and it give a nice, full coverage. also be sure not to swirl it around before you pull it out of the tube or it is way too clumpy. The other day I had this on and someone asked me if I was wearing false eyelashes! I love it! I layer it with my Benefit GET BENT lash, its AWESOME!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I live in a resort environment where I work so I travel home on day's off. Halfway home i realised I left my beloved Diorshow back at the resort. Living on a small island where dior results in a "who?" ment it was to Walmart I go. I bought this and thought I had made a huuuuuge mistake when I opened it up in my car. A tiny brush globbed with gooey mascara? You have to be kidding me. Normally I would have thrown it out the window but my desperation (mascara is the most essential cosmetic for me) drove me to make an attempt at applying it.

I could not even believe the lashes it gave me blackest black, wet looking and major volume! While it will never be my HG Diorshow for the wimpy brush included it is an amazing cheap alternative. It honestly makes me look like im wearing fake lashes (in the good way).

Try it for yourself if you are someone willing to munipulate it to make it work you will not be dissapointed!

on 8/14/2007 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I was really hoping I would like this product, but I ended up being completely disappointed.
The bristles just paint your lashes, nothing else, and it clumps like a maniac.
Definitively not worth the money, and the wand was hard to hold too. Kept slipping out of my hands.

on 7/30/2007 3:01:00 PM

Eh. Pretty good but not fabulous. It didn't lengthen my lashes NEARLY as much as Loreal Telescopic (my HG). But it did make them VERY dark and black with a lot of volume. It did also seem to curl them a bit. I was going to take it back to the store because length is my obsession, but I think I might keep it for when I want something really dramatic, bold, and black. This is not a mascara for a natural, very separated look. I did get a compliment one day while wearing it that my eyes really popped, and I was only wearing neutral brown shadow instead of my normal bright colors, so that does tell me something. I didn't get clumping, flaking, or smudging at all. My lashes looked good; they just didn't look long enough. The brush was alright and didn't bother me or anything, and it was never goopy for me. All in all, it's good but not what the ads say it is for length (at least for me). I know some people have tried it and swear it makes their lashes lots longer. I'd say it's at least worth a try if you're thinking about it.

on 7/27/2007 9:01:00 AM

I'm quickly running low on my Bad Girl Blue and need to start shopping for a replacement. I'm still dying for Dior Show but current circumstances prohibit the purchase.
I will admit that I was suckered in by the advertising of this product. I tend to focus on my eye make up and have yet to find a HG of mascara. I've been wearing the product for over 20 years, you'd think that by now ...
I digress.
I've read a mix of reviews here and should have erred on the side of caution. I thought, I can read, I can follow directions. How hard can this be? It's only mascara after all. I tried it first last night over my curent mascara - not bad. A little odd in the application, but not bad.
Today was the true test. It wasn't as goopy as some have said, could manage to wipe it on the sides. On the lashes it just wasn't pretty. I used the small end to apply product and the larger end to disperse. My lashes came out gooey and clumpy. Had to do a second coat of Max Factor.
Difinitely will NOT repurchase; don't even know if I'll keep in my makeup bag much longer.
The search continues.

on 7/26/2007 10:31:00 PM

Holy......SHIT!! I just bought this on a whim (even though i have 9783473 mascaras, Dior Show being my HG) and came home and read all the horrible reviews and got really dissapointed. Well I decided to try it out...I curled my lashes really good (i have thin stick straight lashes that fall down as soon as you put mascara on them) and wiped off the 2 lbs of mascara on the wand and then applied..."WOW im impressed" i said to myself. I waited and applied another coat...WOWOWOWOW!!! my lashes are still FULLY curled after 3 coats of this stuff, and it literally looks like im wearing fake eyelashes....I dont even get the "false lash effect" from dior show. Dare I say this is my new favorite mascara?

*Edit*
This definately ISSS my new favorite mascara. I have a before and after pic...dont mind my brow stubble

continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This mascara just stinks. Does not go on smoothly and though I bought the waterproof formula, it pulled all the curl out of my lashes in no time flat. Also, as other reviewers have said, the brush is the pits ... very short bristles that the mascara get glopped up on. Don't waste your money like I did!

on 6/11/2007 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is hit or miss depending on how much product you remove from the brush before application. It usually looks spiddery and unattractive.