Lancôme Juicy Tubes in Daiquiri

No Image

on 11/30/2004 7:04:00 AM

I got this for $18 AUD from StrawberryNET. It is a bit sticky, but it lasts for ages, and is quite durable. Makes my lips feel like model's lips! :D The smell doesn't bother me, but probably isn't the most wonderful lip gloss I'm smelled.

on 11/20/2004 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i cannot stand the smell of daquiri. but it's a nice gloss but comes out clear.

on 11/19/2004 8:59:00 PM

I got a sample size from E-Bay. This is a beautiful sheer, pink gloss but it's sticky! I almost like Colourjuice better because it's cheaper and not as sticky.

on 11/9/2004 4:21:00 PM

Good basic lipgloss.
Just a touch of colour - a pink tint. I originally tried this when they 1st came out on the market but couldn't stand the stickiness. I have since realized that the degree of stickiness is directly proportional to the length of time a lipgloss stays on your lips. So I have succumbed and suffer the stickiness if only to have longlasting shiny lips! The smell doesn't offend me as much as many on here, it appears. Though I must admit I think I'm am smelling-impaired because I can never smell anything (so don't take my word on the smell). The only downside is that it's too expensive for a basic lipgloss, at a hefty $25CDN. For that I expect Brad Pitt to come and apply it on my lips! And for that price,the tube is boring, boring, boring. It looks like a $1.99 el cheapo. I don't mind paying $$$ for my cosmetics, but expect them to be worth the $$. For a basic lipgloss, I'm hoping to find an equally longlasting, shiny gloss at a lesser price.

Got this as a GWP. I like it a lot, puts a slight pink tint on my lips. Tastes great!

Not the best JT ive tried yet. I was really excited to get this, because a friend of mine loves this lipgloss and is always talking about how great it is. i thought it was just ok- it looks like clear lipgloss on me, which is weird because it looks SO bright in the tube. It had good staying power like the other JTs though. Also the smell can be a little much it times, but is tolerable

on 10/10/2004 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't think I will repurchase a Juicy Tube. I know that they are very popular, so I was eager to try one. I hope I don't offend anyone with my review. Anyhow..this one was my first JT - it was a GWP. The gloss part is fine, I suppose - a shiny sheer pink. However, I can't stand the smell. It's very sweet and kind of like berries and bubble gum. I tried it twice, and both times the smell just disgusted me so I had to wipe it off. I guess the staying power must be okay, because even after wiping it off, I could smell it for at least another hour. I don't think I'll repurchase the JT's if they all smell so strongly...

I got this as a present from my friends, and I like it! Maybe not my HG, but it's still a good lipgloss. It's a bit sticky, even more sticky than a lipglass, but has decent staying power, so I guess it pays off. The smell was DIVINE [like strawberries, hehe], and everytime I smell it, I think of my friends! The shade isn't the best for my lips, since my lips are usually already quite pigmented, and this shade is kind of like a sheer bright pink, so if I use too much of it, my lips are almost too overpowering. But if I just use a little bit of it, then my lips are shiny, a little bit pinker, but not too much. My lips are SUPER shiny after using this, there isn't any glitter or anything in this one [unlike Dreamsicle or Miracle], it's just coloured and very shiny.

I'd reccomend this to a person who has pale, not-so-pigmented lips. For me, I already have pigmented lips, so I have to worry about whether I'm overdoing it, but it's still a really nice lipgloss, so I don't mind taking the extra time.

UPDATE - Okay, I went to Shopper's Drug Mart and bought L'Oreal Color Juice in Strength, and as I was applying the CJ, it smelled oddly familiar .. and guess what? EXACT SAME SMELL! *EXACT* .. I know it's a coincidence, and the other lipglosses smell different, but these two .. the smell is exactly the same. The base formula for the two lipglosses are EXACTLY the same, even the PACKAGING is the same [other than the shade name and logo of course] even the address on the back of the tube is the same. The applicator .. the same .. the JT just "looks" bigger because the cap is a bit bigger than the Colour Juice.
And guess what? The CJ outlasted the JT on SEVERAL occasions ..
I know L'Oreal owns Lancome, but what's the point in selling the SAME formula, one expensive, one cheap? I mean .. who in their right mind would keep buying JTs when there is a MUCH cheaper alternative [unless they're the snobbiest of brand snobs].

Anyway, just thought I'd let everybody know .. CJs aren't the JT lookalike, they *are* JTs! Only with a different logo slapped on front. Blech.

on 9/22/2004 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have gone through so many tubes of this. Actually I've lost more than I've gone through, but that's besides the point. I love the way this smells, love the consistency, and its all I need when I want to focus on another part of my face, like play up my eyes. It makes my lips look yummy, and I love the slight pink tinge it adds to them. My favorite juicy tube. I wish the rest of them smelled as good, but they don't. :(

on 8/28/2004 6:44:00 PM

My mom gave this to me after recieving as a gift. The smell is wonderful, kind of a mix between berries and cotton candy IMO. The color is a very bright pink, but doesn't show up that bright. I like the slanted tip and compact tube. It is extremely sticky, which is why I don't like it. However, I wear it over chapstick and it is much better, not too sticky and nice and glossy. I would not buy it though because of the high price.