Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

4.6

on 6/23/2009 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Great summer scent. Brings back memories of baking on the beach slathered in suntan oil.

Sun and Sand is one of the neatest scents I've ever used. I have heard people rave about this candle, but I wasn't sure if I wanted my home to smell like Coppertone. However, after a long winter, I was ready for something different. What a great scent! It does smell like some sort of suntan lotion and does give you a summer feeling. The scent strength was on the lighter side, but it had a good throw throughout my family room which is pretty large. If the scent were much stronger I do think it would ruin the effect. My husband wasn't crazy about it, but I loved it and will probably purchase this again during the wintertime for a "wish it were summer boost!" I also loved the picture on the front of the jar.

on 5/29/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I was hesitant to buy this scent but believe me it is money well spent! This candle is not too heavy or light..it is a perfect fragrance that is not overpowering. I sometimes light this candle in NY when it snowing to make me happy b/c it really reminds me of a warm beach!

on 4/8/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

A tropical beach breeze of sweet orange flower, lemony citrus, fresh lavender and powdery musk.

Living in Florida means I love this fragrance soo much and even though I don't go to the beach much anymore to protect my skin from sun damage- this candle really is the best summer fragrance since you will feel like you are at the beach! - Close your eyes and during the spring when your windows are open you will truely feel like you are laying out at a gorgeous beach on the soft sand and perfecting your sun tan with a view of the pretty ocean and blue skys!

I love all the beach theme fragrances that Yankee Candle creates since the fragrance's really are sooo true. Even the beach accessories for their candles are always my favorite.

I like to burn this till its almost empty and then put it in a electric candle warmer to melt the wax and pour into a new glass jar to make a small candle with leftover wax. My boyfriend put the whole new candle in the warmer but I don't think we will Ever do that again. Just light it with fire!

I trim the wick every time before I light it.
I always use the yankee candle Illuma-Lid jar topper which is a lid you put on the jar candle to help the candle flame burn steadier while allowing superb distribution of the scent. also reduce the effects of drafts. The lids come in different cool paterns like angels, butterflies, and whatever designs are new, the coolest are Web Exclusive so shop online if you can!
when not using the candle I like to keep the real candle top on so the scent stays fresh like you just bought it.
I only like to buy the biggest jar (22oz) since you get the perfect amount of scent. another good one is the (22.7oz) Large Tumbler 2-wick candle.

I have tried this in the large tumbler, tarts and I plan to buy a large jar in the future with many tarts too!

on 11/21/2008 2:42:00 PM

In general I like YC, but I generally go for the warm scents, buttercream, vanillas and such. i got this as a gift last year and finally got around to burning it last week. It smells just like sun and sand and salt and sweat (in a good way!) - just like at the beach! YC candles are pretty true when it comes to scents, but, this is great! nice, clean smelling, would do great in a bathroom- but I keep mine in the kitchen!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When I moved into my new house the last person that lived here left a whole bunch of junk. Among that junk was an empty Jar candle of Sun and Sand, which I sniffed before chucking it into the garbage. Having never bought Yankee Candles before I found myself thinking about that Sun and Sand candle. It was such a nostalgic smell it brought back all the wonderful memories of the good times in my childhood. Never has a smell brought me back to good times as much as that candle. It sounds gross the thought of a candle that smells like sunscreen and ocean, but it is my new favourite and normally I'm a foody person. I bought a whole bunch of the housewarmer jars, the home fragrance oil and the wax potpourri tarts. I have to say of the 3, the tarts actually provide the biggest scent through and are the least expensive. If you're not sure you want to fork out the big bucks for the candle buy a tart for $2 if you don't like it, oh well at least you haven't lost out $30. (Those are the Canadian prices btw I'm sure they're cheaper in the states).

on 7/17/2008 6:24:00 PM

Ohhh, how I love this candle. I literally own a couple dozen Yankee candles and use various ones depending on the season. Sun & Sand is a glorious summer fragrance. It smells like...as someone said below me...Coppertone, the beach and being a kid. Something about it just makes me happy. I know that sounds corny, but the memories this sparks are great. It has a good, strong fragrance and is one of my all time Yankee favorites!

This is a great scent - whoever said it smells like Sea & Ski and Coppertone hit it right on the head, along with the smell of sand and sun/warmth (probably the musk in the fragrance.) Orange and lemon blossom are in there, to complement the musk. This magically transforms my little apartment into a beach cottage for the summer, and for that it gets five stars! If you don't get happy childhood memories from this scent, then you didn't grow up in Florida in the 70s, that's all I can tell you. A hint for those of you who are saying that the candle alone is too subtle: get a box of the potpourri to go with it. That will put you over in the fragrance zone, and it's very pretty to display as well.

Having always adored the beach, I knew that I had to try this candle. Lo and behold, I am always taken back to the beach upon getting a wiff of this delightful fragrance. Sun & Sand really does remind me of the beach! It smells just like when I walk through the sand and go for a refreshing swim. This candle is light, pleasant, fresh, breezy and uplifting. It is especially good for summer and I thank Yankee Candle for putting the beautiful smell of the beach in candle form! Highly recommended.

I was unsure about this one to begin with, but after buring it I am now loving Sun and Sand. I am so happy that I discovered this one for the summertime. I live right near the beach, so this is my new favorite scent to burn in the evenings. This scent just puts me in good spirits and makes me want to get out and ride the waves. Ahh, you gotta love beach scents and this one is perfect for me. I have this in the medium candle, 2 tarts and a car jar. They are all great in my opinion. This scent lasts a long time and isn't too offensive to sensitive senses.

Popular Candles