Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

4.6

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sorta annoyed. Last candle I had smelled strong and amazing, this time you can hardly smell it? I always buy the 2 or 3 wick since the jars NEVER smell. Anyway this scent is divine. I can't desribe it, really. Like one of those good sunscreen/oil smells.

on 4/11/2012 5:10:00 PM

I give this a 4 because the scent is really good but it was one of those scents that I just wanted to finish but instead it burned FOREVER! I gave it a 3 for price because I got a pack of 2 medium jars of Pink Sands and Sun and Sand in Christmas packaging for $15!!!!!! $15 for two medium jars is awesome since yankee tends to charge an arm and a leg for a candle. I probably wouldn't buy it again because there are a lot of scents I like better but it did smell nice, just took too long to get rid of. If only the scents I absolutely love would seem to take that long too!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this candle! The minute I smell it, I feel like I am at a beach!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this scent a lot. It's one of Yankee's "basic" scents, and probably their most popular beachy/summer scent. I don't think it's very beachy, but it does call to mind warmer weather and soft breezes. It's not my absolute favorite from Yankee, but it's good. They make car air fresheners and even a hand sanitizer in this scent, which I think is pretty cool.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i bought this in hopes of it being a summery scent, and the reviews on here suggested it was like a day at the beach, so i bought it.
first of all, i live in London. so i don't get to go to a proper beach unless i am on holiday (rarely). so this does not really remind me of the beach. but it does make me very happy and relaxed.
i do get that humid, sandy note. but amongst that i can also smell almost a jasmine, floral scent. very unusual candle. it's very hard to describe, but i do really enjoy burning it. it soothes and calms me straight away.
it is perfect i feel, for all seasons as it is summery and a little bit fresh, but is also warm and musky but in a muted way.
the throw of this is great. minutes after lighting, it starts to fill the room. no complaints.
i would buy again!

This is my spring/summer staple. I've already repurchased. Many compliments on it. My sister went and bought one asap after smelling it at our house. It's not "tropical" to me in the foody sense, moreso, in the floral sense. It's a beachy-floral. It's got a floral and musk note that make it aromatic. It's really lovely and relaxing. I typically like the more foody type fragrances w/a couple of aromatics mixed in there as a reference point. I burn candles every day and Sun and Sand is my sping/summer staple.

This is my favorite scent ever. On my wedding day 7 years ago I wore Bobbi Brown "Beach" perfume. I had always wished for a candle in the scent...

A few years ago I found this...And I have gone through a ton. I use the tarts, oil, and car frag too. I hope this scent lives forever <3

I typically like Colonial Home candles better. The throw is the same but their jars are sleek and more modern looking. Sun and Sand made me not care about the grandma candle that YC uses.

on 1/31/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sun and Sand is one of my favorite Yankee scents...it is sooo good. It really does smell like the warm beach.

on 10/10/2009 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this scent! It really conjures up days at the beach slathered in Coppertone Babies sunscreen when I was younger. This makes a perfect summer scent. I even have the matching air-freshner for my car. It comes off a little strong at first, then gradually settles into the room nicely. Would re-purchase again.

on 6/29/2009 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think Sun and Sand is one of the best candles Yankee Candles makes. The scent throw is so strong, I can smell it all the way downstairs. I can even smell it the next day in my room! In my opinion, this smells EXACTLY like Bobbi Brown's Beach perfume. It is truly a beach fragrance-a mixture of sand, coconut, suntan lotion, and the ocean. I have already repurchased this. It's my favorite candle to burn in the summer.

Popular Candles