Smashbox LipGloss *general*

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the high piece you DO get high quality lip gloss.
PROS: (1) Beautiful color, (2) not sticky after it sets on my lips (3) good packaging- the product does not seep out of the cap and make a mess in my purse or hands,
CONS: (1) can be pricy so I can only have two at a time (2) when they go bad- they smell and taste horrid! Make sure to buy one that has not been sitting around in the store to long otherwise it will only last 3 months.
I currently am using the new 2008 Wicked Lovely lip gloss in ‘Sweet’ and I use one of their regular lip enhancing gloss in ‘Spark’ a bright pink that goes on beautifully sheer. They are definitely my two favorites that I have tried, they give my pigmented lips a very soft toned down look without being to glammy or tacky. I think these colors could look good on almost anyone due to the sheer buildable coverage. Be warned, when this stuff goes bad, it goes really bad, it will still look okay but it will feel, smell, and taste terrible. I am sure they provide an indicator on the box for shelf life after opening, but I have not seen one. I also find it varies some of lasted me up to 6 months, others such as the Hybrid 2 in 1 color- only 3 months (I was not a fan of this one, the applicator was horrible).
I would highly recommend these glosses, they are USUALLY very nice, although they can be a hit or miss.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Smashbox glosses are great. I'm a Bobbi Brown girl with certain things but their lip glosses are too gloopy for me, The smashbox ones i have are much lighter, they wear off quickly i must admit, but anything is better than gloopy gunge.
The colors available are nice, they are not over priced.

They are worth a try.

It is a little pricey, but I never had a lipgloss that actually gave my lips a tint even after the shine wore off (which took about 4-5 hours if I didn't accidentally eat it or something) But anyway the color really enhances the lips and it doesn't look too shiny even when it is first applied. It's more like a dewy, smooth look. I do know what people are saying about it feeling gritty, but for some reason it doesn't feel gritty when you put it on, it feels that way later. Maybe its dead skin or dust getting stuck to it, because I don't think it is the product. Anyway, if you don't like lipstick and you don't like a really glossy lipgloss, this is for you!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Like the reviewer below, I have the double ended gloss Fresh/Fabulous from the Double Take kit. This is my first Smashbox gloss and I LOVE it! I had forgotten how much I love a great light pink, shimmering gloss since lately I've veered toward more peachy glosses. Fresh is the greatest shade of pink... and the Fabulous is a nice shimmery light golden brown. They go on smooth and last nicely for a gloss. Will definitely purchase more Smashbox glosses.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the double-ended gloss from the Double Take kit, in Fresh/Fabulous (pink/wine). When I first tried it I was disappointed because there didn't seem to be much colour (I usually wear lipstick for going out, so I'm used to more colour). But it actually looked very nice, like my own lips but much prettier. The darker side looks like a wine colour in the tube, but it's actually also very sheer. The colours are pretty but wouldn't be worth it just for that, except it feels so nice! The texture isn't too thick or sticky, and my lips feel so soft and moisturized. I use this all the time now, instead of going with bare lips for routine days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like Smashbox lipglosses. My lips stay moist and dewy for a long time and do not dry out as they do with other lipglosses. This product is a definite must have.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Simply stated, lipgloss that is not tacky and doesn't dry out lips. This is one of the most hydrating lip glosses that I have ever used! I like all the shades and the subtle shimmer that is found in many of the shades. I am not picky on brush applicators or doe foot wands. This is amazing lipgloss. The illume/luminous color works great over any lipstick for a shine or creates a pouty look with another color. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best lip glosses you can buy. Never sticky, very moisturizing, great colors...what more can you ask for. Oh, and the tube never leaks! Will keep buying more and more.

I love these lip glosses. They're lightweight, not sticky and give lovely color. I got a Sephora Insider three-gloss set in a great little carrying case. I like the full-colors more than the perles. There's so much shimmer in the perles that it makes them MUCH lighter on than they look in the tubes. Still, I'm loving the way they feel.

I got 2 mini lip glosses in the Glambox Vol 2 kit, and originally thought I would try them and they would sit in a drawer, because I have really bad lips and tend to not get into lip gloss that much. Well these changed my mind! I got "Aura" and "Bare"...I am not even sure if you can separately purchase these or if they are LE (I hope they are the available though!). When combined..these give my neutral glowy day look the perfect finish on my lips. They are really pigmented and even when the "gloss" fades away the color still remains. Like I said I have bad lips that get dry and peel almost every day, and these don't seem to bother my lips very much! I find myself reapplying these glosses throughout the day rather than in the morning, getting over it and using chapstick after like I normally do with other glosses. I hope this doesn't lead to a Smashbox lip gloss addiction...I don't need anymore makeup!