Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 7/11/2005 4:14:00 PM

I purchased this powder after reading all of the great reviews here. I don't know why it didn't work for me, but on me this powder looks WHITE.
I'm an olive-skinned hispanic girl and usually translucent powders are just fine on me, but this one made me look pale and ghostly no matter how little I used. The shimmers are fine, they do give you kind of a "finished" look (although I would say BE mineral veil is way better for that), but aside from that this powder is awful.
The packaging is awful and yes, as others have said, that cooling sensation is gone in a couple of months.

on 6/13/2005 10:45:00 AM

I used this on my wedding day and all my pictures were awesome. My face had a luminescent glow to it, not too much and I never looked shiny and gross...just a nice soft glow. I ran out and recently repurchased and so glad I did. I think this will have to be a staple in my makeup bag for as long as I live. Looks awesome over foundation or alone. I sweep it up onto my eyes and cheeks. Looks awesome over a bronzer too....

on 6/11/2005 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I just LOVE this powder. It feels amazing when you put it on. You swear that you just step out of a waterfall with the way it refreshes your skin. It looks great and in the sun it gives you this glowing effect that my friends always asks me what I am wearing. It is a bit high in price, but worth every penny. (or dollars for this matter)

on 5/22/2005 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE the cooling sensation of this powder. It' so refreshing, especially in warm weather. I have the tranlucent powder, and at first I was skeptical that it would work on my mmm-ggg skin. (GA lsf 8,mac nc42, Chanel-Beige #5, Nars-St.Tropez). Suprisingly, it worked like "magic". It leaves a nice flawless finish that it not at all chalky. I was also concerned that it would be too glittery b/c when I dabbed my finger in the pot & swiped it on my hand it was very sparkly. But, when brushed on with a powder brush (the brush it comes with is useless), the sparkle is undetectable, even in direct sunlight. However, the effect is definitely noticeable. It just gives a more polished look to your skin w/o adding another cakey layer. I'm a big fan of the luminous dewey look, and this definitely fits the bill. I also noticed that my makeup did stay on longer. Two thumbs up for me. =)

I had a Prescriptives sales person dust a bit on my so I could "test drive" this product while shopping and running errands on a Sat. I was make-up free, and I liked the cool feel of the powder when she was dusting it on my face. Department store lighting can be revealing, and imagine my horror when I caught myself in a mirror 1 hur later-- I had a wierd, pasty, shimmery glow. The sales person had used the product as a highlighter on my cheekbones and on my eyelids...As a result I looked like a shiny, glowing alien. I think this product would work well on those with fairer skin versus those with more color. I would not purchase this product, because there are other highlighters that would complement me that cost a lot less.

on 4/28/2005 9:05:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It's my HG powder. I rave about it to everyone and I've got at least three people wearing and loving it. I am just surprised that more people don't think so but heyho.

I love the fact that this powder is very light so it doesn't feel like it is caked on yet it sets foundation perfectly. I think it does give me a more flawless looking complexion and disguises the large pores on my nose. I still haven't finished my first tub yet (had it since Xmas 2004) and I got relatives to buy me two more the last time they were in the US (just so I didn't run out!).

on 4/27/2005 5:13:00 PM

The brush sucks, but the powder is wonderful. Def. sets my makeup and is a great pick-me-up on hot afternoons in the summer. I don't use this in the winter only becuase my winter foundatin is so light that I need darker powder than this.

LOOOVE this stuff ... makes me feel like I have flawless skin without making any effort whatsoever. I like that it leaves a dewy finish and doesn't make me look cakey.

on 3/2/2005 11:11:00 AM

I love this product! I bought the Translucent Dark and am extremely satisfied with it - the saleswoman (who was Hispanic), myself (light to medium skinned Black woman) and my cousin (dark skinned Black woman) all looked wonderful wearing it. Talk about versatility! The cooling sensation is nice, but my primary reason for loving it is how it goes on quite sheer without adding much color at all, but doesn't leave my skin looking chalky. I will definitely buy it again, even though it's quite pricey.

on 2/5/2005 3:42:00 PM

It is a very pretty glow you get from the product. However I do not see much amazing results from the powder. So it is a great try, but probably will not repurchase.