Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

on 3/2/2008 3:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I tried this scent at Sephora yesterday while on my quest to find the right scent for the upcoming spring. It smelled nice when I first sprayed it on my wrist. I smelled strongly of grapefruit which was pleasant. However, the dry down smell, not so nice. Let me just say that I adore vanilla, but vanilla scents can range from fresh smelling to absolutely sickly sweet. I felt this vanilla dry down on my skin was too sweet. I smelled like a 27 year old going on 13. I immediately ran to my BF to ask what he thought and he agreed that it was too sweet. It almost smelled synthetic which is strange considering Lavanila uses natural products.

on 2/26/2008 11:31:00 AM

First impressions :
Not the most original/complex, but definitely comforting and a no-brainer. This starts off with the citrus overwhelming the vanilla, then settles into an almost synthetic smelling vanilla with slight citrusy notes. Very useful for lifting moods, and would be good to spray on bad days where nothing seems to go right. Given the comparatively reasonable price of this compared to the Serge Lutens I've been testing, am very tempted to order the full size and body butter as well.
Now :
Hmm. The drydown is a little annoying. Very Barbie-doll-like somehow. Reminds me of those "perfumes" for little girls in makeup sets. Not perfect after all. Would still consider getting the body butter though.

on 2/5/2008 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't really get the grapefruit as a distinct note (of course, if they did use real, natural grapefruit, this would be very irritating to skin). The grapefruit functions mainly as a "brightener," to keep the scent from getting too sweet--it isn't as rich as Pure Vanilla. However, this also makes the scent less distinctive than Pure Vanilla, so I like it less.

on 1/29/2008 4:18:00 PM

I love this scent and so does my boyfriend :-)
It goes on light and fresh and dries down to a sexy vanilla. Its a good everyday perfume because its fun and soft - not overpowering.
I am curious about the other scents this brand puts out. I love how the grapefruit energizes and the vanilla is sophisticated.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite scent. it surprises me that i love it so much as it smells a bit young- (not that i'm old, but i think this could be worn by a high school girl and smell fine, i am over 40) anyway - it is fresh, clean and warm - like your flannel pj's right out of the dryer. It lasts all day, which is great, the grapefruit is only obvious at the start, it dries down to a warm, almost sweet but not overly sugary smell. it is not offensive for the office, it wears close which i like. the body butter is amazing too, i'll write a separate review for that. I have this in both the spray and the roll on, which i like, as i like to use the roll on when i travel. the bottle is pretty, but nothing amazing or special, very basic. this is not a complex scent like my jo malone scents, this is simple, yet very pretty. i love the way it makes me feel.

on 12/24/2007 11:55:00 PM

sweet and lovely but nothing extraordinary. I do prefer pure vanilla over this though, I am a true vanilla at heart

It's funny that the negative reviews for this say it turns musty. It does, in fact, turn a bit musty on me as well but I really like it. Something about this reminds me of Bond Chinatown. I don't think there are many shared notes between the two but the overall effect is similar on me. It's a fairly unique scent and I like the lasting power.

on 11/30/2007 6:14:00 PM

A lovely fragrance...for about an hour. Then it disappears.

on 11/25/2007 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i'm not really a fan of perfume or vanilla for that matter, but i really wanted to try this ever since i read about on sephora. something about the scent really grew on me. i liked it enough to purchase a bottle, but now i'm addicted to it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!! I am a vanilla fragrance whore. I can't get enough vanilla perfume so I am always buying new ones. Ever since I got the rollerball of this, I stopped trying new ones. I went out and bought the full size bottle and ordered the body butter! I am in love. It smells like something very very familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. The scent is very sweet, but not too sweet thanks to the engergetic smell of grapefruit. Perfect balance here! I find it a very comforting and very feminine scent. I get complimented all time on this one and a coworker always asks if I brought my Lavanila with me! I already need to replace the rollerball, but they are all sold out!! :( Being a big time health/natural freak that I am (I even work in a healthfood store!) I loveeee how this stuff is all natural and even contains anti-oxidants! So it fits in with every other product that I own! :)
I highly recommend this (or maybe I'll keep it my little secret..all mine!! lol) Perfect product for me, this is 100% my HG! Can't live without it!

Popular Fragrances