Lavanila vanilla grapefruit

Lavanila vanilla grapefruit
LaVanila Vanilla Grapefruit (full-size)

on 2/23/2011 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this scent, and so does everyone else who catches a wiff of it. it is kind of a sweet, crisp, citrusy and spicy sent all rolled up into one. the vanilla lends the sweetness, the grafruit a clean citrus smell, and the cedarwood a musky warm smell. i find it wears well. i can still smell it on my skin at the end of the day easily. i have this and the coconut versions. yumm

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ohhh wow.. this stuff is amazing...
When I first tried this on the grapefruit was overpowering and really wasnt sure if I was going to like it.. so i kept walking around Sephora and after it settled I went back to smell my wrist.. holy moly.. what a delish smell.. with my chemistry my body naturally put the vanilla as the front line smell and then you get the outline of a citrus.. completly unexpected.
I had to buy it.. I also tried on the vanilla passion fruit but that did not last long on me.. it did smell great.. but the wear on my skin wasnt very long.. I guess this was just the one meant for me.

So far.. everyone I have come in contact has told me how delish i smell and that its not too powerful but enough to grab attention ... YAY!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I enjoy grapefruity scents, and it sounded so delicious having grapefruit and vanilla blended together. However, I just don't care for this scent -- it kind of reminds me of VS Pink which I feel is a bit cloying anyways, and it has that slight greeness that this scent seems to have. I really don't detect any vanilla in this fragrance, but it might just be because the grapefruit is more overpowering on my skin. I am giving this three lippies though because the scent is at least wearable and does have good lasting power.

on 12/10/2010 3:34:00 PM

Just bought the rollerball perfume! i just fell in love with this smell! not the cheapest of course but still it smells so yummy!

on 11/11/2010 5:05:00 PM

Smells lovely but ZERO staying power. It doesn't have a harsh tart bitter pink grapefruit smell to it. Very nice and light, I would buy it again if it lasted longer.

on 11/11/2010 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love the smell of this fresh scent. Both sweet and fruity zest. The rollerball bottle is handy for keeping in my purse as its perfect travel size. I bought this from Sephora, and it has been one of my favorite perfumes for the last few yrs now. Its not sold in dept. stores, I have only seen it in Sephora in Canada, so its not too popular yet. Thank goodness. I hate wearing the same scent as everyone else and their dog - like Ralph or CK.

I've had this scent in my collection for a couple of years and eventually, I always come back to it. This is essentially two different perfumes wrapped into one sleek little package. Of course, I realize that scents are constructed of base notes, mid-notes, and top notes, and transform throughout wear, however, this fragrance really changes from a citrusy, fruity-yet-warm composition, into a smoky, creamy vanilla, with no in-between moments of transformation.

The first half-hour or so on my skin is when this scent is most beautiful, most addictive, and most unique. The lime is very present here, and mixed with a splash of grapefruit and laid out on a warm base of vanilla and cedarwood, it's like nothing I've ever smelled before. Even, expertly-blended, intoxicating. As it dries down, it really loses the citrusy feel and becomes very creamy, with a touch of smokiness. Think birthday-cake-candle smoke, not the campfire smoke of say, Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille. If you've tried other scents in the LaVanila line, you'll find the drydown quite similar to the drydown of their Pure Vanilla scent - once the patchouli has worn off.

Overall, this remains an HG fragrance, though I wear it mostly for the first half hour of its sillage. The dry-down is still lovely, though far less original than the opening, still - definitely not unpleasant. I seemed to get far more compliments while wearing Pure Vanilla (mostly from men), and I think that's because it's a big stronger and more bourban than Vanilla Grapefruit, which smells less like the actual vanilla extract that goes into a cake and more like the finished product.

Everyone will react differently to Vanilla Grapefruit and I recommend spraying it on the skin and allowing it to go from citrusy to sweet before making a purchase. Gourmand lovers may find the drydown most appealing, but those who prefer light, citrusy scents may be disappointed with what remains after the first moments of wear.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

I don't love this. I bought it for my purse. It has a nice drydown, but the opening notes are so bright and almost .....green?! I usually love citrus fragrances, but there's something quite masculine in the opening which I'm finding in a lot of fragrances these days. It fades eventually into a round comforting vanilla, but it takes about 30-40 minutes.

It smells so, so good!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a favorite of mine in the Spring and Summer. You absolutely cannot go wrong with this one, it smells incredible. It's not the most complex of the brand, but it's good. Once the citrus wears down you get a real vanilla scent, and ALL of this line has a real vanilla scent. Nothing is fake or chemical smelling. While I haven't bought full bottles, the rollerballs give you a good amount of perfume.

The Lavanila's can be simplified like this-

Grapefruit is the fresh every day vanilla, but the base is only vanilla once the citrus wears down. Grapefruit, sandalwood, lime, and vanilla.

Pure Vanilla is the sensual fragrance, and it's completely smooth and everything included besides the vanilla, like tonka bean, compliments the vanillas.

Vanilla Blossom.. discontinued? But it was a fresh spring floral vanilla, and reminded me of lime and vanilla- like an iced drink.

Vanilla Coconut- slightly sweet coconut and vanilla. Exotic in a beachy way. With coconut, tiare flower, and vanilla.

Lavender Vanilla- Not as complex as the grapefruit or pure vanillas. It's clean, comforting, and relaxed. With Spanish lavender, rose absolute, violet leaf, and Madagascar vanilla.

Popular Fragrances