DHC Lip Cream

DHC Lip Cream

3.9

I actually really like this lip cream. Other reviewers didn't seem to like it too much, but I've found it's good. It's really shiny for me, almost like a lip gloss. It has that shiny effect of Vaseline! It does wear off quickly, but that's a common problem with lip products. I find it's a really good base for lip gloss. The only downside for me on this product is the tube. My mom uses this stuff and got me hooked on keeping it in my drawer, but I always seem to mess it up somehow. It has a slanted tip, and a slanted tube. It looks really nice, but as another reviewer said, it's not as great as it looks. First of all, if I press on my lips too hard (and keep in mind I'm not trying to push this stuff into my lips or something, just trying to get it on) it falls over the metal slant, and then the whole top of the cream in the tube is useless, or you have push it back into place, after which it never feels or works the same. I can't say much about the melting of it as one reviewer said. I've never taken it outside of the house and only use it at night since it doesn't have an SPF. Overall I think it's good, but I don't really think for $7 it's all that great. It's not one of DHC's finest products, but I still use it at night until I find something else that works well but doesn't have a bunch of fillers in it.

on 4/23/2007 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Relatively decent lip balm, but too many things I don't like about it. 1) It wears off the lips pretty fast. 2) The tube only lasts a few weeks and for $7 I'd expect months of use. 3) The slanted tube is cute but awkward; when you twist up the product, the "slant" of the lip balm doesn't line up with the "slant" of the tube so it makes it a bit difficult to apply. 4) It gets all melty in my pocket so when you get to the end of the tube and try to apply it, it falls out of the tube. Will not repurchase. I'm sticking with my HG mark Kiss Therapy. One little $5 pot lasts almost 1 year!

I love the sleek packaging of this lip balm (it's a long, narrow tube similar to Laura Mercier Lip Kisses), it feels nice going on and has a slightly glossy finish, but it really doesn't do much to moisturize my lips. For dry lips, I have better luck with Alba coconut cream balm or Carmex, so I probably won't repurchase Lip Cream.

Top Rated Lip Treatments