Omega 3 supplement

4.1

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Dear everybody,
hey....okay i dont know for sure but i think fish oil might be the reason ive constantly kept losing my hair for the past 3 years. i had full density before. crapp. look i dont know for SURE if its causing it but its probable because of the high mercury and toxins in fish oil. ummm...i really dont know what to do. cuz i just realized that i didnt have any problems until i added fish oil. i cant believe it took me so long to realize this. im so angry. im going to do a further investigation and i promise ill get back to you guys.

also, please dont let my review stop u from taking fish oil. omega 3 is wonderful and your body absolutely needs it. please just be careful okay? be wary of anything out of the ordinary.

will get back to you in a week or so. take care <3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I use Cod Liver oil, I use about 1 or 2 tablespoons a day. My nails, skin and hair are all healthier and my colesteral levels are much better.
For people who have trouble with Fish Oil perhaps Hemp Seed oil would work for them.

on 4/4/2011 6:05:00 PM

I've been taking fish oil since my 20's to help with arthritis. My nails aren't any great shakes, but my cholesterol level is pretty good, in spite of my needing to lose about 30 lbs.

However, my skin has always been good. And while I've been diligent about wearing sunscreen my entire life, and can count on one hand the number of times I've gone to bed without washing my face, two days before my 45th birthday, I got carded. I give at least partial credit to the fish oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HORRIBLE!!! a couple weeks into taking fish oil pills almost daily i REEKED of fish oil!! it was so sick and weird. also my scalp and t zone became more oily than it has ever been it was nuts. my face broke out in a bunch o those under the skin type pimples all around my mouth!! plz take wth caution!

on 8/27/2010 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use Puritan's Pride Omega-3 Supreme fish oil. It contains 950 mgs. of fatty acids (DHA & EPA) per each 1360 mg. capsule of fish oil. I take 2-3 capsules daily--this much only because a cardiologist suggested fish oil as a treatment for a heart irregularity (PVCs) I was experiencing. I was amazed that the PVCs improved in three weeks and were gone by seven weeks. I had been experiencing them for over six months and prescription changes were not helping at all. I rarely have fishy burps but some people have to adjust to fish oil. Change brands if you burp too much. Purtain's has periodic Buy1/Get 3 Free sales.
My chronic acne problems did not seem to worsen or improve when I began using fish oil. Hair, nail condition, vision, mood or skin oiliness...no change. Fish oil lowers triglycerides but can raise total cholesterol in some people. That happened to me but the ratio of HDL/LDL stayed about the same. UPDATE: I have switched to the Nature Bounty 1,400mg. Fish Oil that I have only found at Costco. With this I can take one capsule daily and get much more omega acids because it is very concentrated.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the way my skin feels when I take Omega 3. A+

I've been taking Webber Naturals omega 369 fish oil supplement for about a week. I started because I wanted help to control my acne (I have very mild acne). I recently read that omega 369 supplement can actually cause acne instead of prevent it and that it's best to just take omega 3. I stopped taking the omega 369 because I've been getting tiny pimples with little white heads on them (I NEVER get these). I bought Nature's Bounty to try which is JUST omega 3 fish oil so I'm hoping to see some improvement!

on 1/27/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I took an Omega 3 supplement once a day for a couple weeks and I noticed my nails were getting stonger. They weren't breaking as easily and they were also growing more. I'm not really sure if my hair got shinier, if it did, I didn't notice it, but I did notice the nails. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to try. The only reason I gave them 4 lippies is because they are soo big and a little hard to swallow. There are gummies you can also with Omega 3, but they don't contain as much as the capsule supplements.

I take these regularly and find that along with my vitamin E they keep my skin looking in tip top condition.

on 1/27/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using fish oil supplements for about a month and a half and I've pretty much had it. I was hoping it would improve my skin and control my acne but it did nothing. In fact, it actually made it worse, especially my back and chest. FYI-my back and chest almost never break out, only my chest occasionally. The fish oil caused big inflammed acne all over my back, it was disgusting! I'm pissed because I always had beautiful skin on my back (I know, it's just the back but hey, summer's rolling around) and always looked forward to wearing tank tops. Now I'm embarrassed and I'm also left with ugly acne scars. I don't understand why fish oil gave me inflammed acne when it's suppose to be an anti-inflammatory component. I have a pretty healthy diet, I work out, take care of my skin and I've also tried two of the best brands, Nordic Naturals and Carlson. It seems so unfair that I take care of myself and my skin but still have bad breakouts. I noticed my breakouts were getting worse but kept using it hoping to get to a point where it would finally stop and I would just be left with great skin. There was about a week where my skin actually looked pretty good (with a lot of attention to skin care) and I thought the fish oil was finally improving my skin but unfortunately, almost like it was waiting dormant before letting me have it, I got one of the worst breakouts in a while. It was all throughout my forehead, which is an area that doesn't really break out, and along my jaw and neck. It just seems like fish oil caused me to breakout in areas that aren't prone to break out. I wanted to keep taking this in hopes that this wasn't all in vain but I honestly couldn't stand the breakouts anymore. I'm disappointed that this didn't work for me.

Popular Other Products