e.l.f. Custom Eyes - Ivory

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect white highlight shade, and it's only $1! The rest of their shadows don't wow me since the colors are fairly dupeable and the textures seem to be a bit chalky, but this classy, subtle pearly off white shadow is a winner. It seems to go with cool and warm eyeshadows equally well since the white is more creamy rather than a stark blue-toned white. It's much less frosty than Nylon and Phloof! from MAC. It's more of a subtle glow than a frosty shade.You could even wear it on the browbone, but I prefer it for the inner corners of my eyes. The finish is sheer and the texture smooth and slightly powdery. I didn't expect to find my HG highlight shade in the E.L.F. $1 makeup line, honestly.It's the only E.L.F. product I use every day and I can't see myself using any other highlighter as long as this one is made. Cheap and fabulous!

on 4/14/2011 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My least favourite out of all the custom eye shades tt i got. It looks like a really nice vanilla shade in the pan, but just swatches a shimmery white, which is a disappointment. I was hoping for the vanilla hue to turn up, but all i got was white. Plus, formula seems kinda crummy. Not as smooth as the other darker shades in the line.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

this e/s is a surprise find for me! im attracted to light colored eyeshadows to use for highlighting so when i came across the elf display @ kmart of course i had to give it a whirl for a buck. my favorite highlighters so far are mac nylon & ulta silk. this dirt cheap little gem is very comparable. it has the shimmer & sheen plus the staying power with a primer. in my experience it did not have a terrible amount of product loosen as i dabbed it with a brush & it wasnt chalky at all as others have described these e/s. i will definately buy again! heck i may not have to buy mac nylon anymore with such a price difference!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a great brow bone/highlight color. Elf is awesome. I seriously want everything from them. This shade ivory is a butter soft white which applies great. I love the way it brightens my eyes and makes me look awake. It may be a bit loose but no biggie. Its $1 and the $1 compact u can/should buy is so sleek and pretty. I love filling them up bc all of elfs custom eye shades are beautiful and my top faves. The pigmentation with ivory is perfect, i have pale skin and like most whites they look scary or crazy so im so glad i found this. I apply to brow bone, inner corner and have used as a cheekbone highlight and looks amazing. (I got the idea from a magazine that showed how to contour/ highlight face and gave ideas as to what to buy and listed/showed a picture of elfs custom eye shadow in 'ivory') its a great find and i love all things elf. A white highlight 4 browbone is a must in some looks and its affordable. My Target was carrying this shade (plus a few more as well as the compact) these are great quads and i have 4 palettes and use all of them alot bc u get to pick what shades u want. Love these!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this shadow, it is one of my favorites to highlight the brow bone and to put around tearduct. It stays on all day and if you put on a primer it shows up well and adds shimmer, but not too much. I do not find it chalky. One elf eyeshadow brush full on one side highlights both my brow bones. This product will last me a long time and I would deff. repurchase it. I like that it is sleek and you can put it in a magnetic palette. It is worth $1.00.

on 9/6/2010 7:34:00 PM

Great highlighter, comparable to N.Y.X shadows best part is you can pop it in easily into your MAC palette.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This shadow is really good for using it as a brownbone highlight. I tried this all over my lid and it looks terrible. However white eyeshadows don't look good on me at all, so that's probably it.The name is a little misleading because it's pure snow white, so I would have called it snow or just white. This is nice to have as a cheap brownbone highlight (it's only a dollar). I would buy this shadow again.

Not pigmented at all... really chalky =/ It may be just a dollar but it still wasn't even worth that.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is a pearly white eye shadow. I use it often for my brow bone highlight. It's not overly shimmery, which I really like. The shadow itself is very soft and easy to blend. Overall, Ivory is a good standard color to have in a palette.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found that E.L.F.'s custom compact eye shadows were all really chalky. It seems really pigmented, but there's a lot of shimmer. It's a dollar online or at a store like Target, so if you want a cheap eye shadow then I'd recommend this. I personally don't like shimmer, and this particular color has A LOT of extra glitter. I really like the compact (that you buy separately) for this. It's really large, but It looks really nice and comes with a nice mirror. I've heard that it fits MAC shadows too, so I'll probably be story MAC shadows in the e.l.f. custom compact in the future.

Pros: Affordable, Nice packaging, pigmented

Cons: Very chalky, hard to work with, Too much shimmer