Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 9/15/2010 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ever since Burt's Bees discontinued their tinted moisturizer, I haven't been able to find a comparable product. I purchased this product because the color seemed to be the closest match to my skin tone out of any drugstore makeup. I purchased the Light to Medium shade and tried it on today. I am pretty pleased with the results.

The one thing that appealed to me about the color is that it seems to be yellow-based. Yellow-based foundations seem to work well for me. I think the yellow counteracts the redness in my face and blends well with my medium olive skintone. Even the regular Neutrogena foundations are too pink for me.

The consistency is like that of a thick moisturizer. The coverage is like a standard tinted moisturizer. I don't like heavy foundations and prefer sheer coverage, so the coverage of this product was perfect for me. I even found that I liked it better when I blended it with some moisturizer before applying.

One thing to be careful is that this shade can look orange if applied too thick. I found that mixing this product with a moisturizer helped even out the tone by thinning out the product. It seems that a little goes a long way.

I've been wearing the product for a few hours and my skin does not seem irritated. So far, I'm pleased with this, but will update my review if needed.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love love loove this tinted moisturizer. I wear #30--I think that is the darkest color. Not a wide color range for darker skinned women. I am around NC42. For someone who doesn't wear foundation--I think this is great! It's light enough to wear all year long while also getting even-toned skin! The first time I put this foundation on--I LOVED IT! I really do love Neutrogena skin products. The only thing about it is--I think it is a little too expensive. I am also a little torn between the fact that it has spf30. Its great for day-wear...but if you are planning on going out at night, its no good because it comes off pretty easily after dancing for a while and it also since it has spf it will give you a white cast in pictures. I dunno....I really do LOVE this product!!

i got this because i want an spf higher than 15. i used to use olay's regenerating cream w/spf but when i ran out, i thought i'd try something diff. this feels natural and weightless and invisible but it does fade the appearance of my acne scars so that's good.

I can honestly say that I can have given this product a full go lol. I have used this product for over six months. And in those six months I have only had to purchased two and a half tubes (since I haven't yet finished my third). I can described Glow Sheers as an in between a tinted moisturizer and foundation. However, If you are looking for a full coverage to moderate, I would say skip out on this because the coverage is definitely sheer. This is my staple summer foundation, it feels light on my skin and simply sinks in like moisturizer, however, please take into regard I have dry skin :). The finish is natural with a bit of shimmer, so matte girls I would say skip out on this. Also, be careful with over-applying since the shimmer could be overdone and your face could look like a disco-ball lol.

Overall, the price is a bit expensive for a drugstore brand (I bought it for $12.99) but with only three brought in a six month period, this isn't bad. I can say this is for an on-the-go girl whose looking to even out the skin tone with a bit of highlight in one step.

on 7/9/2010 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So oily! Not only does it smell like I'm wearing sunscreen, but it LOOKS like I'm wearing sunscreen. Always leaves me feeling shiny and oily and in about 2 hours makes me look even shiner than it originally had.

on 7/5/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I gave this foundation a 3 because it does what it says: the formula is such a sheer coverage that, other than being shiny and dewy, you can't even tell you applied it.

Other than a highlighter or an eyeshadow base, this foundation really doesn't do much else. It's quite pricey, coming in at $12.99.

Now as for its demographic, this foundation would work out great for someone who already has perfect skin, but wants a little shine on their cheeks.

This foundation is also oil free and so far, knock on wood, I haven't had any break-outs from it yet.

Speaking of which, I quickly learned that I can't hide blemishes or the usual signs of puberty with this. No matter how much I cake on, Healthy Skin Glow doesn't do anything else but....well....glow.

I have acne scars and redness I need to cover up, and this foundation is way too sheer to provide any sort of coverage at all. So I won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for a wallet-friendly tinted moisturizer for a while, and after getting a Harmon coupon, I decided to try this one out. I really like the sheerness of it, and the fact that it doesn't make my dry skin look any drier. I see some people have talked about the yellowish/orange tint, but I'm a fair-to-medium-skinned Asian-American, so maybe it just suits me better.

I don't like the feel of heavy foundation, but I wanted some color to even out my skin, and so far, I like the product. I like the skinny tube because it fits nicely in my makeup bag, and the squeeze tip (because it's more slender than most applicators) leaves no mess. I've had foundation squeeze-type bottles before (the squarish flat kind) and for some reason those tended to get messy.

So far, so good! Yay!

on 6/21/2010 9:35:00 PM

I really wish they would stop making this too dark.. I am NC 17ish and I really liked the feel of this product but had to return it since it was too dark and too yellow. I tried to put moisturzer into it to lighten it but it did not work out. Hope they expand their color line so I can try again

on 6/6/2010 12:51:00 PM

I used to use this product years ago for my regular foundation and really loved it. However, I switched because I was looking for more coverage. But I have recently gone back to it now that it is summer. I was really wanting a nice tinted moisturizer. The Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer was the product I was really dying to have but just don't have the extra cash to spend on it right now. This product is a great alternative to that one. I have fairly dry skin and this moisturizes my skin amazingly as well as giving me that dewey look that is hard for me to achieve. Pricing is great as well as the spf of 30. Amazing alternative to the more expensive tinted moisturizer out there!

I bought this a few months ago at Target, just to try it out. It's a pretty nice product, i like the packaging. I like to use this in the summer as just a light tinted moisturizer, you don't look orange as long as you don't use too much, and its pretty easy to blend. I think im gonna stop using liquid foundations and just use a powder, but if i change my mind i would definetly buy this product again!