Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

I purchased this product because of the glowing review that it got on Paula's Choice. This contains antioxidants and broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, as well as having a sheer tint, which is what I wanted.
The clear packaging leads to the degradation of these compounds, so it must be stored in the dark, but at least it is not in a jar, to explain the three lippies.
This is far too dark for fair skin, even in the "ivory to fair" shade, which really should just be called light. This made a very obvious dm line on my face unless I blended it all the way down my neck and into my shirt. I am VERY fair though, and if your skin is NC/W15 or above you might be okay with this.
Other than that, this was not moisturizing, and the formula was highly irritating. My skin is pretty sensitive, but this would itch and burn when I put it on(I only wore it a few times before running to clinique practically in tears to get a different sunscreen so I could take it off), and would leave my face not only too dark, but also very pink, since the coverage is too sheer to cover any redness.
I have since stopped using this(for the past 2 days) and have given up for the time on finding a tinted moisturizer that is light enough for me. My skin is now very dried out and has patches of flaky rosacea that are starting to heal.
Supposedly Stila TM and Too Faced BB are very light, and similarly boast antioxidants and broad spectrum UV coverage, although I have not tried either of those.
Overall, this product was absolutely horrible for my skin, and really damaged it, apart from just looking terrible, so no, I would not purchase it again. It probably would work well for someone less pale and sensitive, which is why I gave it 2 lippies.

I used Ivory to Fair, shade 10, which was a really good colour match for my fair skin. That, the spf 30, and the light-weight easy squeeze tube are about the only things going for it. Actual performance is terrible. It settles in pores and emphasizes dryness without adding any moisture. You basically need a primer under it, which sort of defeats its purpose as a one-step spf, moisturiser, tint. I don't mind putting primer over my moisturiser and under my foundation. However, I don't want to put primer on before moisturiser. Without a primer it's going to settle in every pore and line. Even with a primer it kind of slides around on top and doesn't sink in. Lose-lose. Anyway, gave it several tries, but it's so terrible most of the tube is going in the bin.

I bought this because I left my Asian bbcream at home when I went to a weekend trip to Seattle. I picked this up at Walgreens for about 10 bucks. I was curious on trying the western bb creams/ cc creams but I'm glad I decided to get this instead! I didn't want a heavy foundation and I needed something with SPF this was perfect! It made my skin glow and it didn't look like I had makeup on! I bought it in the lightest shade and it blended into my skin perfectly. It didn't cover up my random red pimple that came to say hello on my cheek but I didn't expect it to. (It's just a ringer moisturizer after all and I go for very sheer coverage anyway) I actually prefer this over my bb cream now it's cheaper and I don't have to get it imported :) it won't cover freckles either if anyone was wondering. It will even out skin and make you glowy! I didn't get oily at all and I didn't have to powder it or blot my face which I normally do. :D overall a great product if you like a natural no makeup look that you won't have to worry about for the entire day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was just looking for a regular tinted moisturizer/bb cream since the one I usually get was out of stock. This went above and beyond my expectations! It covers soo nicely for a tinted moisturizer and matches my skin very well. Also I'm less greasy with this product than the other product I normally use. Maybe this is a newer version of this product because I don't understand all the bad reviews. I am a medium skin tone and the shade light-medium 30 worked perfectly for me. Also the name of this product is healthy skin glow sheers illuminating tinted moisturizer. Hope this helps!

on 9/8/2013 12:28:00 PM

Cons: Skin had some kind of allergic reaction to it- stung all over. Huge breakouts. Stuff is very greasy, coverage terrible, settled in pores. Shade wasn't right- minimal selection.

Pros: None that I can think of- really.

I hated this product, it is horrible! It does not provide coverage for me at all. I would recommend Korean BB Cream for those who wants light coverage and no irritation.

on 7/21/2013 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am not sure why this got bad reviews. I wanted to get the Healthy Skin Enhancer 20 but the lightest color was horrible, way to dark for my skin. This however seemed to match well at the store. I bought it and tried it at home. Very lightweight sheer coverage,but enough for the summer. I like that this has retinol and can fight blemishes. I may add a touch of this to my regular foundation for the winter. Good buy. Thanks :)

I bought this product while on vacation and realizing that I'd left my entire makeup kit at home. I just thought I would give this a try instead of my normal heavier foundations. I used this on top of the Garnier moisturizer that I was using at the time. It was okay. . I don't really need a ton of coverage but at my age I do need some. After I got home I mainly used it for days when I wasn't really going out. Anyway, fast forward to the present. I ran out of my regular foundation and reached for this product. This time, the results were terrrible. The difference is that I am now using a Neutrogena moisturizer (Rapid Tone Repair) underneath, and when I put this on top of it, it pills up. (I had hoped that the brands being the same, that there would be some compatibility.) So now I'm skipping the moisturizer entirely, and just using this. I suppose it is more like a tinted moisturizer anyway, but it doesn't say that on the packaging. Just this without moisturizer is okay, but I think for me it's best used on casual summer days. It is just not quite enough coverage for my 50+ skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pro's: doesn't feel like your wearing any makeup, very light, SPF 30. covers redness, squeezy tube/packaging

Con's: leaves me looking oily (even though i set it with powder), comes off completely by the end of the day, light coverage, horrible shade selection

Personally, I really hate this crap. I recommend it to someone who has dry skin and generally good skin.

on 6/6/2013 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I feel very conflicted about this product and here's why:
I first bought this after my skin had cleared up from taking antibiotics. I like it a lot - SPF coverage, just a light sheer tint to make me look "finished". When my acne started getting bad again I stopped using it as much because the coverage is (as you'd expect) not very good. But for weekends and such I'm okay with not having my zits perfectly masked, just slightly masked, but this product looks AWFUL over any zits. Its not just that it doesn't cover them - I don't even know how to describe it. It makes them MORE noticeable than nothing! Bottom line - if you have really good skin, then this is a good product for you. If you have acne prone skin and want a light coverage for weekends and such, look elsewhere! I will hold onto it in the hope that my derm prescribed lotions will banish my bad skin again.