Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 8/13/2011 5:20:00 PM

As the "Glow Sheers" name implies, this is a lightweight, sheer, natural-looking foundation. If you want heavy coverage, this is not for you. But, if you need to just even your skintone a little and don't like the feel of thick makeup, this is a good choice. The SPF 30 is an added bonus and, for about $10, the price is right. My skin is generally good, but this helps me tone down subtle redness.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I purchased Light to Medium at CVS at 50% off, only $5! very cheap!
If your skin is combination/oily like mine, I would not recommend this product. As soon as I applied it..Whoa, was i shiny! It claims to be not greasy, which didnt meet that expectation. Coverage is very sheer as stated. this may be suitable for people with dry skin.

The good; SPF 30, feels lightweight and affordable.

I didnt want it to go to waste so i tried patting it over a matte foundation of mine which did look very nice.

on 6/25/2011 6:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product made me REALLY orange and I got it in light. It also made my skin super oily and covered NOTHING but skin discoloration with it's orange funk. I didn't like it at all and wouldn't buy it again.
The only good thing, is it did not make my skin breakout or irritate it whatsoever.

Overall rating is a 1 just because it had one positive which was the above statement.

Update: For all of you who found this to be useless as I did for my skin finding yourself stuck with this no good product, I found a way to make it useful. I always try to make any makeup that did not work out for me useful in some way or another. For instance if a mineral foundation powder doesn't work out as that a 'mineral foundation powder' then i'll use it as a setting powder over a foundation I think works better for an all over face product.

Anyway to the point.
This has been in my makeup bag for a while now haven't used ever since my horrible experience with it the first time around...
So a few days ago I was applying my reg foundation at the time Revlon Colorstay and I have it in Buff and it's looking pretty paleish on me considering i'm getting darker cause of summer. I didn't wanna apply bronzer to get a darker look cause I'm tired of that.

So I thought this would work great as a bronzer, since its suppose to give you a radiance glow. I pulled it out, swept a dime size of the foundation on my cheeks as I would with bronzer and I think this is the best useful way you can use this up for all of you who found this to be..well a nightmare as a foundation as I did. However it can work out pretty well to give you that radiance look if you ONLY and I mean it!
Only sweep it across your cheek bone like a blush or bronzer. It gives you color and sure maybe a glow. I want to try it again because I wasn't really paying much attention when I did this...

But I thought I share this idea with those of you who don't know what to do with it. Especially if you're like me and don't like throwing your money into the trash. When a product doesn't work out for you, make it work, in one way or another.=) Hope I gave a good idea for some of you.

on 6/22/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I do not understand the negative reviews of this. I like it quite a bit. I've been using this since my skin has been decent lately. It evens out my skin tone and kind of blurs pores. I like a natural look so that's ok. I just put concealer where I need to. While it does leave some shine, once I powder I do not feel greasy. I'm really pale and the lightest shade blended nicely on my skin tone. I have combo/dry skin so I use this on top of my regular moisturizer. It probably wouldn't be enough coverage if I was really tired looking or breaking out, but I like it for my good skin days to just enhance my skin.

on 5/18/2011 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this about two weeks ago because I wanted to switch to a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen for the warmer months. Here are the things I like about it:
-packaging is nice. I like the squeeze tube, there's less to waste than in a glass bottle, and it's more portable as a result.
-the color matches my skin pretty well. I wear Ivory to Fair 10.
-Does not look orange on me at all- despite what a lot of reviews say. Perhaps they wear darker shades than me, though (most people do).
-Offers a dewy glow.
-High level of SPF (30), which is something I want.

Here are the things I dislike:
-The smell, which is exactly like sunscreen.
-The coverage. I know it says sheer, but this is next to non-existant.
-My skin feels sticky afterwards, and looks really oily. I have to set it with powder or it looks just awful and runs.
-Burns my eyes if I get too close to the corners or the circles underneath.
-The dewiness/shimmeryness is a bit much. Partially due, I'm sure, to the oily nature of the product. They could tone it down a bit.
-The price. I don't mind paying $12 for foundation, I think that's still pretty affordable. But that's not what this is. You're essentially paying $12 for a 1oz. tube of sunscreen with a little color in it. It's expensive, if you think of it like that.

Meh. Won't be buying again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I have used this for about 3 years. I love it! This is my go to product. I purchased the Bronze Glow 50. The color blends into my MAC NC 44 Skin tone perfectly, and give a nice dewy glow. I love that it has and SPF 30 in it because in the warmer months I am in the sun more. The only thing that I don’t really like about it is that I have to squeeze it into my hand b/c I don’t like to use a sponge or a brush with the moisturizer because it soaks up too much of the product. But overall this is my favorite tinted moisturizer and I will continue to buy it as long as it is on the market.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in ivory to fair 10, and after an hour of wearing this, my face looked 3 shades darker than my neck. This is also not good for even oily skin nonetheless very oily like mine. It looked like I had rubbed my face into a bucket of KFC after about an hour. I do not recommend.

This stuff is garbage. I know it's tinted moisturizer, and not foundation, but it disappears into nothing. The big test for me is on my nose where my pores look larger. This didn't fill them in, blur them, nothing. It was as if I was just applying lotion to my face that made me look a little shiny. Save your money, don't buy this.

wish I would have read this before I bought it :( but well my experience was alittle different...This product brought out wrinkles on my cheeks near under my eyes I never knew I had...it actually dried out my skin so terrible it looked like it was cracking and I am 31yrs old I don't go out in the sun much so it was basically from the product...I like the tube and the price was cheap but I thought nuetrogena was supposed to be "good" for your skin...guess it's not good for mine big thumbs down on this product..looks like i am stuck with it too

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i really wanted to love this and i dont have it anymore because i returned after the day i bought it. ok so ill start off with saying what i did like about it.
1. the packaging is very sanitary and i love the squeeze tube you can control how much product you use!
that's all i liked about it! so now i will talk about what i didnt like about it.
1. IT HAS SHIMMER IN IT i dont like my foundations or blushes or bronzers to have shimmers! my lipgloss is an exception SOMETIMES and so is my lipsticks but for the most part i dont like any type of shimmer as far as those products go.
2. MADE ME SO OILY would not recommend for us oily girls!
3. IT TURNED ORANGE ON ME!!!
4. IT BURNED MY FACE WHEN I APPLIED IT!!
i would not buy this again! of course i am aware that every product works differently on everyone but this was just my personal experience