Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely awful! I remember trying this when it first came out,a few years ago,because i was still in high school and so id have a few pimples here and there so i thought this would help cover them up and look good. Boy was i wrong! I applied with the my fingers and it looked good in the mirror but when i stepped out of the door,it had turned orange and greasy. So the second try,i used a sponge,it turned out worse than when i used my fingers! It balled up and it really did look like i had used a bad self tanner on my face,as an another reviewer mentioned. So,i decided id give it one more try before giving up,i thought maybe powder would help. Yet,i was wrong again,it ended up balling up and still looking orange and stayed greasy as if i never used powder! Dont buy,just like the neutrogena commercial,its beautiful in the jar but not in the mirror.

on 4/12/2010 2:51:00 AM

I love the cooling sensation I get when I put this on. My skin behaves with this, and it works wonders under loose mineral powder. It's a little peachy, but you can sheer it out. Love it for covering up under-eye darkness, since it's so smooth.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been looking for a liquid foundation for a while since I've hated the "powdery" look my mac studio fix gave me. Before this product, I tried the Revlon photo ready foundation. I wasn't very fond of that foundation because it went on too thick, looked cakey, and would look un natural on my skin. I wanted a foundation that would look natural and even out my skin tone, so I tried this one. It was the perfect color. I like its consistency, because its very liquidly and its not sticky. Its very light, so it feels like you don't have alot of makeup on. A little can go a long way. I've never used this product with a sponge (which people said the finish is best) but I've been using this foundation with a stippling brush. I love this foundation, but I don't think its my HG.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this product!

Pros:
1) It's super light and very, very sheer. It gives a beautiful dewy look and a little goes a long way.
2) Have to love the SPF in summertime!
3) At first I agonised over whether the palest shade made me look orange, but soon decided I was being irrational. The shade is perfect for my pale, pale skin, and my mom has the second palest shade and it suits her perfectly, too.
4) There are no gimmicks in the packaging-you squeeze a pea sized drop into your hand (and another, and another possibly!) and you apply with fingers or brush. Simple as.

Cons:
1) Be careful around the eyebrows-I'm blond, and sometimes the product would pool there on application and turn orange *horror*
2) As a result of it being sheer, there is very little coverage. So, any tinted moisturiser haters, BEWARE!

on 4/4/2010 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So I really like this product. I have been using mineral makeup for about a year now, but I wanted something with a little more coverage that doesn't make me look like i have a mask of foundation on. This is available in a shade that is a perfect match for my skin tone. It's really sheer so I put on a thin layer of this (which helps even out my skin), dab a little more on a couple of acne scars, then set with Neutrogena's mineral sheer pressed powder (using a kabuki brush). Then I take a concealer brush and use the same pressed powder to cover my acne scars, and finally finish off with some mineral veil. This routine keeps my skin looking fresh and dewy all day.

If you're looking for full coverage, this certainly isn't for you. If you want sheer coverage that keeps skin looking healthy and natural... this is a nice option.

Other benefits: (1) Sanitary packaging, (2) spf 30

A few Cons: (1) If when applying you accidentally get it near/on your eyebrows, make sure to use a q-tip to get it completely off before going out. When it dries, it crumbles from your eyebrows, making them look dirty. (This is a gross con, but I learned the hard way and wouldn't want you ladies making the same mistake!) (2) You need to set this foundation with a powder. If you don't it leaves your skin feeling a little greasy and shiny. Definitely don't recommend this product to be used just on its own.

Really nice for the summer or a beach vacation. This one is coming with me on my cruise this June when liquid foundation and/or mineral MU isn't necessary. I wouldn't choose to use this for work though...not enough coverage for an office environment. I have the Light to Medium (shade #30) and it has the perfect yellow undertones for my skin. I put it on today for a natural weekend look, and 8 hours later, my skin still looks fresh and dewy. The yellow undertones have a great neutralizing effect on any redness.

Yes, I have blemishes and this does not provide enough coverage for those, but that's where my MAC concealer comes in. The SPF 30 is great too. I'm finding that this a step below Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage, but a little more than Clinique's Sheer Tint.

on 3/26/2010 1:56:00 PM

I like tinted moisturizers and this one is spf 30 instead of 15. It is a little more coverage than I prefer and does tend to turn a little yellow, as most tinted moisturizers do. But overall I like this enough to buy it again.

on 3/25/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Love, love, love this product! I purchased it a few weeks ago and have been hooked! I'm not a foundation girl, so a tinted moisturizer is the only way I go. I have it in the bronze and I was a little nervous because it looked a little light for my complexion, but when I tried it on my skin, it blended seamlessly. It's my every day go-to product after I apply my moisturizer and sunblock. It gives off a nice bronze, almost dewy glow and it doesn't clog my pores.

on 3/19/2010 9:19:00 PM

I really liked this product over the summer. I just wanted a very light coverage to even out my skin tone a tiny bit. I have acne now and this just does not do me any good. I need much more coverage than this provides. It is really only good for people who have nothing to cover but just want to even their skin tone. Also, it's difficult to apply evenly. I found that applying it with fingers or a sponge leaves weird clumped areas of product. Using a brush is the only way to get it to apply. Also, it leaves my face looking very shiny. Set it with a powder to get rid of this.

Overall, it's a good tinted moisturizer for the summer for somebody without any blemishes.

on 3/4/2010 1:55:00 AM

i own SO many different foundaitons and this one is one in my "collection" the foundation overall is a good foundation, its nice and sheer and looks natural. BUT the color selection is bad, for me atleast. i am nw15 in mac foundations and the lightest shade in this foundaion was too orange for me. thats the one thing that can ruin a foundaiton for me, if the color doesnt match good but the overall product is good, i get so disappointed. im not going to walk around with my face a different color from the rest of my body. ive seen girls look like that and it looks horrible. i would have given this foundaiton a 5 if the color selection and staying power was better.