Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product looks beautiful on my skin, and I love it! To the people complaining about the light coverage...it says "SHEER" Glow! Thats exactly what it does...provides light, sheer coverage, adds glow, and a flawless finish. It blends like a dream, and it feels like I have nothing on, yet it reduces redness and evens out my skin tone. Overall, this is good for those who have pretty good skin and just want to even out their complexion. But not for those who need heavy, full coverage.

I love this. I put in on after I moisturize and it evens everything out and adds a dewy glow. I then put on my heavier foundation on the areas that need more coverage, mainly my cheeks and nose. The glow sheer is great from keeping my skin looking dewy and fresh, it prevents my skin from looking cakey or dull. Also, my skin seems to love it and looks even better after I've been using it regularly. The sunscreen is a bonus since my foundation does not have that.

I've been a makeup artist for seven years and have access to really expensive tinted moisturizers, and truthfully I've hated them all. Generally I find tinted moisturizers in department stores to be more like foundations, which I don't use on myself very often.

I read some reviews on this that complained about it being too sheer - I don't get that, because it seems to me that this is the point of tinted moisturizer... it's not supposed to cover, it's just supposed to even out your skin. If it's too sheer for you, get a foundation.

I was addicted to CoverGirl tinted moisturizer for years - $6.99 a tube, it lasted me three months at least, and had SPF 15. I went to pick some up a couple of weeks ago, and the store didn't carry it. I freaked out for a second, and then looked at other options. There aren't a whole lot in a drugstore, unfortunately.

However, I settled on Neutrogena's tinted moisturizer, and I'm officially obsessed and never buying CoverGirl again. It's SPF 30 (and it actually smells like sunscreen), blends in better and more evenly than any tinted moisturizer that I've ever used, and lasts all day after setting it (I use Makeup Forever HD powder - amazing amazing amazing). It evens out my mild acne scarring and red blotchiness really well. Most importantly (to me), it feels awesome on my skin.

Tinted moisturizer in general isn't for everyone, but if you like them, try this one... it's fabulous!

I would not call this a foundation. More like a tinted moisturizer. It provides no coverage whatsoever and it has very noticeable glitter in it. Also, when you squeeze the foundation out of the tube, it is a different color than it looked in the tube. If you have almost perfect skin, I guess this would be the foundation for you because it is very very light coverage. It also broke me out a lot. Pretty pricey for what it is. For me, it was 11 dollars in the trash can. Won't be buying this again.

on 1/9/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week now. I love it!

I'm pale, and the lightest color of this, Ivory to Fair, matches my skin tone. I don't like the shiny glow effect, but setting it with powder (NYC Smooth Skin loose powder in translucent) takes care of that.

I was looking for a tinted moisturizer with SPF 30, and this was about the only thing I found (that I was willing to pay for, anyway). It gives light coverage, and I put my powder foundation over it if I need more.

Overall, I love this product. In fact, I just bought a back-up.

EDIT: I now use ELF's HD powder with this, which helps keep the Glow Sheer from oxidizing on me. (If I notice a color change, I simply use blotting sheets, and it fixes the problem). And looking at the date I wrote this review, this has been what I've worn primarily for three months. I still love it.

on 1/8/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly I love all Neutrogena skin products and heavily rotate them in my routine (Healthy Skin Enhancer, Healthy Eyes Brightening Concealer, 3 In 1 Conceal For Eyes, etc) and this is the least liked product by Neutrogena I have tried. The way I got this to work for me is use this half and half with a medium to full coverage foundation, something lighter than my shade since the color of the glow sheers i got is a little orange and tan for me. Ill use this one up but won't buy it again

on 12/30/2011 5:26:00 AM

This product just wasnt very good for me. It looks nice in the packaging but it really is SO SHEER it provides zero coverage..it just disappears into my skin. It also has these bits of glitter in it like little gold flecks and normally this wouldnt bother me but they arent very small so they really ARE noticeable.

Id say.. pass... definitely.

on 12/14/2011 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm a pale girl, so it's hard for me to find colors that match me. So imagine my surprise when I rubbed this on my hand in the store and it matched. I purchased the Ivory to Fair shade, but I didn't get to use it until the morning before school. When I did put it on my face, it was horrible. It made me look orange, and that surprised me since it seemed to match my hand. The glow was overdone as well, I looked like a light bulb. I had to run in the bathroom and wash it off and re-do my make up because I couldn't work with this product at all. The only good thing is the packaging. The squeeze tube is very hygienic. I ended up taking it back and got a refund. Don't waste your money on this!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

For those hot summer months when foundation is just not practical, this tinted moisturizer can't be beat. The shimmering effect is subtle and really gives you a glowing-from-within look; I receive more compliments on my skin while using this than I do with my regular go-to Bare Minerals. It's super easy to apply, gives a light color to your face that isn't obvious or orangey in any way (not in my experience, at least), feels very moisturizing and evens out your skin tone. Like other reviewers have said, don't go for this if you want medium to full coverage, and be careful if you have oily skin. It's a "Glow Sheer," and just that. Pair it with a light concealer and powder (I use BE Mineral Veil) and you're set with a "no-makeup" look that perfects and lasts all day. Bonus points: SPF 30 and the sleek packaging is travel-friendly!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't understand the low rating for this tinted moisturizer. I really love it! I got the lightest color, and it did not make me orange (like previous reviewers commented). It is very light but still gives good coverage, evening out my skin tone without looking like I have makeup on. In fact, I forget I'm wearing makeup when I wear it. I like that it has SPF and is oil free.

*Note: I see in the photos for this product that it isn't called a tinted moisturizer, although my product says "illuminating tinted moisturizer" where the products in the photo say "natural radiant look." Perhaps the formula was changed?

UPDATE: Since trying other tinted moisturizers, I have come to realize this is not the best option out there. My face gets oily pretty quickly with this, as compared to other TMs. Oh well.