Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers SPF 30
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers - it sucks!Neutrogena Glow Sheers in Medium to Tan 40

3.1

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (5%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5%), Oxybenzone (2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Phenyltrimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Barium Sulfate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Squalane, Bisabolol Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 60, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sobic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

I got this in Light 25. Right now, its a little dark for my skin but will look perfect as soon as summer rolls around. For now, it gives me a nice sunkissed look without that look of having way-too-dark foundation on.

It goes on very light and stays true to the "fresh feel" look it promises. If you're looking for something with a lot of coverage, this is not for you. If you want a nice, tinted-moisturizer type coverup, this is absolutely perfect.

I paid 5.38 for it clearenced at Target but I know the original price is around $11.00. Can't say I would pay regular price for it. Maybe after I have tried out some other, similar coverups, I will decide on that.

There is nothing special about the packaging. It comes in an ugly tube, not a bottle or anything fancy.

Also, this stuff blends into the skin amazingly. I always feel fresher and prettier when I wear it than I would with a thicker coverup.

I would recommend buying this.

Alright, so I just got this, and I actually like it more then all the neutrogena foundations Ive tried! Ive tried ALLL of their foundations, and ended up returning them, but this one is a keeper.
The packaging is like a simple tube, almost like a concealer tube, pretty much is, but its a foundation. Although I much rather prefer a pump, Ill admit like this better then the other Neutrogena foundations with the screw on lid with no pump. At least they gave us another option with a tube instead.
The coverage is more of a tinted moistorizer. Its just a bit more runnier then a tinted moisterizer, a smoother consistency I suppose. It applies really smoothley with a sponge, which is a plus. Its not really ideal for a heavier coverage, more of a light coverage. For me, that is perfect since I need something thats light for school. I use to wear my max factor foundation but its a bit heavy for me (I now wear that for going out occasions)
So overall i am happy with this product :) It a nice coverage that sheers out the discoloration on my face. I highly reccomend for people who are looking for a light foundation for everyday wear. As for the "glow" part, I dont really see that part, but its still nice for what it is. Oh! And I forgot to add that this product is pretty high in Spf. It has SPF 30 in it, and usually foundations have about SPF 20 only. So thats like a MAJOR bonus for me! I love foundations that have spf, since I hate getting tanned or burned :/
I hope this review was helpful!

on 11/17/2009 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this product just a few weeks ago...I liked it but may not buy it again. I mean, I think it's a great makeup, but it just doesn't have the coverage I was looking for. But I love the fact that it's very moisturizing, since I have very dry skin, and doesn't look cracky around my nose at the end of the day. I would definitely recommend this for a young girl who is maybe just starting to wear makeup, or someone who wants a very natural look! Just a tip, for someone who might use this: when you first put it on, it may not look very even(maybe a little orange in places) but I always smooth it out with a sponge or with my fingertips.

Also, I loved that it didn't have a very overpowering fragrance! It's very subtle..it almost reminds me of Coppertone, which I love!! :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this during the summer because I wanted something light but provides adequete coverage. I'm dissapointed in this. I don't think I got the right color...I'm an NC20 & this was blotchy & made me kind of orange! It looked like I misapplied my self tanner! If anyone has found a close to perfect match for NC20 let me know I might give it a second try. But I really wasn't impressed by this.

on 10/25/2009 1:59:00 AM

This made me break out!! It has shimmers in it, which made me look greasy.. and it made my face greasy too. I wanted to like it, but I trashed it. It's horrible.

The SPF 30 and promise of dewy, radiant skin was what drew me into buying this product. I ended up getting the Fair to Light shade, which looked perfect in the tube, but once I actually squirted it into my palm and applied it to my face, it almost instantly began to oxidize. That in itself was a pretty big turnoff, but then it began to pill on my face (and I wasn't rubbing it in hard or applying too much) and I also ended up with a lovely breakout on my forehead, where I rarely, if ever, break out anymore. So....needless to say, I won't be repurchasing this one or even finishing the tube. I plan to hopefully take it back and swap it for Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer, since I seem to have had better luck with that one in the past.

on 10/9/2009 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this. The Light-Medium shade is PERFECT for my yellow understones (I'm Asian, MUFE HD 120). It's not too orange or too pink, and it's sheer enough that it'll work well on people with neutral undertones as well. About the sheerness...ok, so there is very little coverage but if I wanted coverage, I'd use concealer or a foundation, right? It is tinted in that it'll even up your skintone, but still let your natural shine through, which is what a tinted moisturizer is designed for. If your looking for something that'll replace your foundation completely, you'd best try something else (unless you're like me and like the natural, no-makeup look). It gives your face the right amount of dewiness and SPF. I have dry skin, so the I haven't really noticed any overt "shininess". It feels pretty good going on, so I 'd definitely rebuy.

on 10/4/2009 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this product in Medium to Tan 40. I bought it b/c I wanted something sheer, easy to apply, and slightly dewy for that effortless summer look. And it was a huge plus that it also has SPF. I have combination skin and this product left my face, instead of dewy, super oily. I thought it may have been the extreme South Carolina heat that was causing it to melt off my face so I tried to use this product on a cool night out and I set it with my favorite translucent powder, and I STILL looked like a greaseball in only a couple of hours. Foundations should even out skin and offer a smooth adhesive base for blushers, bronzers, highlight, etc, and this product just made my blush go on very ugly. Even my favorite $25 Nars deep throat blush looked like crap over this cheap foundation. I will not it purchase again.

on 9/20/2009 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually like this product. I agree it's super sheer, and I would never wear it alone because even though my skin isn't that bad, it still doesn't make enough of a noticeable difference. That's why I put MAC Mineralize Finish Natural on afterwards. It gives me an extra boost of coverage and I LOVE the fact that it has SPF 30 (I've been bummed lately that my beloved MAC MSFN doesn't give me any extra SPF, so this fills in the void!). I just put this on with MAC MSFN on top and went to my rooftop deck with my SO, who announced it didn't look like I was wearing any foundation at all! Hurray, my ultimate goal has been reached! I will say I did notice balling the first time I used this, but this is easily prevented. Just apply to one section at a time, and blend minimally. Rubbing extra will create it to ball, as will letting it dry at all before blending. I'm totally buying this again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this because I liked the idea of SPF in my f/d, and I wanted something mineral in liquid form. Well, this looked streaky and kinda orange-y, so I stopped using it. Not great, and not worth keeping.