Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Clinique Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.4

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 12/23/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't know if this is a gel liner or a cream liner (I thought it was a gel liner despite the name because I don't have to wet my brush before using it), but whatever it is it's a great liner.

If anyone's tried MAC Fluidline, it's basically the same thing - it's very easy to create different eyeliner looks, including winged liner looks. It's also fun to use with a liquid liner if you want to do a fine line with a wing. I use the liquid liner to create a fine line and then use this to create the wing because it's easier.

I think the advantage of this over fluidline is that the container screws together more tightly so each pot lasts longer. I can't remember how the price compares to fluidline though. I think they're probably around the same price.

on 12/17/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My favorite gel eyeliner to date (or cream, as it calls it, though I consider it a gel). I haven't used any high end gel eyeliners, or MACs, but I can compare it to some drugstore brands- Maybelliene's and Wet n Wild's. Both of those eyeliners are decent, but this Clinique one beats them both by a long shot.
The consistency is easy to work with, I use a very thin straight eyeliner brush (not the one it came with), and I am able to apply the liner smoothly and evenly. It lasts ALL DAY. Even without a primer. This is not something I can say of very many eye products. The color is a true black. I have had it for a month or so and it has not dried out at all, and I even left the lid off a few times (accidentally). I don't think it's very expensive, I find Clinique's prices reasonable, and in my opinion its worth shelling out the extra cash and getting this over a drugstore product. Would definitely repurchase.

Despite being a MAC girl, I must say this product is a winner! Who would've expected Clinique to make such an intense black liner! I used Mac's fluidline previous to this and was happy with it but when it dried out I decided to try something new and I'm glad I did...The texture is creamier, seems to last longer in termss of drying out, and appears black, plus is costs less and clinique has bonus events! Just throw out the brush it comes with and use a different one.

on 11/26/2011 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first venture into pot liner. I also considered Bobbi Brown and Shu Uemura but for the price I figured you can't go wrong! This is a great product -long lasting and great texture. Sure, the included brush isn't great - but I never exactly rely on the cheap applicators included in palettes and the like. Any fine brush will do I'm sure but I love Shu Uemura's 2r.

on 11/18/2011 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wonderful creme eyeliner. This was my first experience with creme eyeliner and I'm glad I chose this brand.
The brush that accompanies the creme liner is too small to hold and the bristles aren't stiff enough for me. Instead, I use an E.L.F angled eyeliner brush to apply. The name speaks for itself as it is true black. It is intensely pigmented and requires one application to achieve a rich black line. I use this to line my upper eyelids and create a cat-eye. It glides on smoothly every time. It lasts an entire work day and through nights of dancing. I have been using the same pot for 8 months and it has yet to dry out.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is such a nice liner. I used to always use the Bobbi Brown gel liner but heard great reviews about this one and decided to try it out. Having now used both, I prefer this one MUCH more; the Clinique one glides much more smoothly across the lash line and doesn't pull or tug and wears for absolutely ages with no smudging. As the name suggests it's creamy, smooth and VERY black. This one also contains more in the jar than the B.B one and is a fair bit cheaper, so I am definitely a convert! Best eyeliner ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've had this cream liner for several months and it's just as creamy and smooth as the day I opened it. Man, my eyes are crazy sensitive. I react badly to everything - MAC liners, UD liners, Wet n Wild, Milani, Loreal, Prestige, NYX. I even had my eyes swell up and peel after using TFSI and UDPP. Then I found this. It's a smooth, very creamy true black that dries to a semi-matte finish. I use it to tightline and it doesn't move. It doesn't smear or fade or flake or transfer. Best of all, I can't even feel it. No itching, no stinging, no watery eyes. And no swelling and peeling. It comes off easily with any cleanser/wipe/oil I've used. It also doesn't have any odd undertones, it's black. Not gray-black, red-black, green-black. Just black. I'll absolutely buy this again. HG.

on 9/25/2011 4:37:00 PM

I really like this product. The only other creme eyeliner I've used has been the avon one and that one would smudge and dried within a month. it was also very difficult to apply. This clinique one is very easy and fast for me to apply. Does not smudge on me like other reviews i've read and lasts about 12 hours before it starts to fade a little bit. Recommend to someone who wants to change from a liquid to a creme eyeliner.

i really love this eyeliner. i had a gift card for dillards and used it on this and an eyeshadow. i really do like the brush it comes with because it gives me a great thick line across my eye. just dont loose it! lol its pretty small. the color is great super black and a matte finish dosnt flake and lasts all day! love love love. i just wish it was cheaper, i tend to stick to drugstore buys because i can find really great stuff for cheaper

on 8/26/2011 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Pros: very BLACK, long lasting, smoooooth, easy to apply (with practice I suppose), comes off pretty easily with make up remover or soap/water

Cons: dislike brush (I use a bobby brown eyeliner brush), need 2 coats to make it really black and last extra long, wish it were waterproof, expensive and small