CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.4

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

Sorry to sound like everyone else but this is the queen of liners. It doesn't budge or transfer, even on my tightline where I use it most. Unlike my MAC fluidline, it hasn't dried out at all - I have had it for over a year and the consistency is the same lovely creamy texture it was when I bought it. HG product.

on 2/24/2012 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this eye liner. It is very easy to apply and has a great smooth finish. I love MAC eye products, but found their fluid line did not perform as well as the Clinique brush on cream liner. I am currently on my third or fourth tub and will continue to purchase. Don't waster your money elsewhere as this is the best cream eye liner I have worn.

I think that this is great for the daytime becuase it's not super pigmented. To wear this for a night look you would definitely have to build the color. Very smooth and easily applied though. I really like it but like I said, it's not a super dark black so if you're looking for that, look elsewhere.

on 2/15/2012 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Really good product. Nothing bad to say. Lasts. Smooth on application. Does not irritate my eye. Easy to remove despite it being long-lasting. Has not dried out after a few months.

Can't compare it to other big players (e.g. MAC fluidline/bobbi brown) cos I haven't tried them. After reading reviews and contemplating, I went straight to this. Don't think I'll go back, to be honest.
Just don't like that it has to come with a brush everytime you buy one. Guess it's smart of them to include it so they can charge you more. But I don't use it, and I think it's a waste of material. Just have to keep finding friends to give them to, I guess.
-----------------------------
UPDATE: I found a way to make this last ALL night. I was shocked when I checked after a night out. Primer helps, but if you have oily or hooded lids as I do, dust (or pile on - the more the better as long as you don't look chalky) on a layer of your-skin-coloured eyeshadow before applying the liner. If you forget to apply the shadow before, apply it above the area that's covered in liner. The shadow will absorb the oils throughout the night. Moreover, if you make a mistake with the liner, it's easier to rub off with a Q-tip since there's shadow underneath.

on 1/25/2012 10:59:00 PM

This is the gel liner I keep coming back to. I have used MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack and Bobbi Brown Gel Liner and this consistently performs the best. I find the Fluidline gets dry too quickly and the Bobbi Brown does not last on the lid. The Clinique doesn't have these issues. I find this formula is a bit more "watery" than others, but it makes application smoother and keeps product soft longer and does not sacrifice lasting power.

I can't really find anything wrong with this, so I will keep buying. I love using this for the cat-eye look. For reference I use this with an Ecotools angled liner brush and it works perfectly.

on 1/24/2012 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing gel liner for years and this is the one I prefer by far. It's jet black, doesn't budge until I'm ready to take it off, and is creamy and easy to apply. I love that it doesn't dry out until I'm done with the entire thing, I've found that a lot of other gel liners tend to go dry long before they've run out. Definitely a staple for me!

on 1/21/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Great product. IMO, it is Better than Bobbi Brown gel liner. It is so smooth and easy to apply. It smudges a bit at the end of workday on my oily lids but I still love it. Black color is true as stated.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A great liner. I have oily eyelids, so I wasn't sure if a cream would be for me. But the Clinique girl had it on, and it looked amazing. I told her about my lids, and she said I wouldn't have any problem. I'm glad I got it because it's incredible. It stays on, doesn't smudge. I love the texture of it, and the brush is a lot easier to use than I thought it would be. I was used to using felt tip liners, but the brush is great. I definitely would buy it again.

on 1/9/2012 6:14:00 PM

Won't buy it again, but probably good for lots of people. I have deep-set eyes and eyeliner always seems to smudge up on me.

Pro: It's a lovely cream to work with, really black, and easy to use with an angled brush. The packaging is great.

Cons: Smudges onto my top lid after approximately four hours, also runs a bit, tends to crumble/flake into less of a clean line after a few hours as well.