CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CLINIQUE Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK
Brush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACKBrush-on cream liner in TRUE BLACK

4.3

isododecane, cyclopentasilosane, polyethylene, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysillicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, lecithin, phenyl trimethicone, ethylehexylglycerin, hydrogenated polyisobutene, methicone. May contain: mica, iron oxides, carmine, titanium dioxide, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, bismuth oxychloride, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, chromium hydroxide green.

on 5/18/2011 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this product! I bought it purely off of reviews on MUA and was not led wrong! I have been on the hunt for the perfect gel liner ever after watching a tutorial on youtube on how to do "winged" eyes. The brush it comes with is more or less useless, (I use a bent eye liner brush instead anyway!) but everything else about this product is on point. The gel spreads evenly and smoothly. It is easy to manipulate once on, after a few minutes the gel dries perfectly and the best part? ... it stays on all night. I have a tendency to rub my eyes a lot but when I check the mirror the eyeliner is still where it should be. I like to do a really dramatic line sometimes extending off of my lid and most products I have used smear in minutes, but this product stays put, and looks awesome 'till I take it off. I am so pleased with this purchase, and the price is awesome. A little more expensive than drugstore brands but WAY cheaper than other high end brands. I have been using this religiously for several months and I still have a ton left in the pot. The hunt for the perfect gel liner is finally over for me!

on 4/12/2011 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best cream liner I've ever tried. Hands down. Stays put and it doesn't dry out! I've had mine for a year and it's still as good as the day I bought it!
I will definately repurchase.

on 3/29/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the best brush-on eye liners I've ever used. This is probably HG for me! It comes in a small pot filled with pigmented color. I just dip an eyeliner brush into it and I'm set to go. You hardly need to pick up any color onto the brush because this is so pigmented. Just a little goes a long way! It is really easy to smudge for a smoky look and it also great if you want a really defined line. Stays put to! I love the staying power of this. Best of all, a small pot lasts forever. I've had mine for a year and a half, and it has not run out and it still is creamy. I'm so glad it hasn't dried out! I would definitely recommend this. A little expensive, but well worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG for me. Probably will never stop using this stuff. I hate that it's so difficult for most people to use, because the formula is exquisite and the product never fails to deliver.

When I first bought it, I had no idea how to apply it without creating a mess. I was trying to use the brush provided with the liner, which was my first mistake. The brush is only about 2 inches long, which makes control and precision near impossible. I finally went to my local Sephora and bought their store brand small liner brush, which made all the difference for me.

Yes, it's still difficult to use and requires a steady hand and quite a lot of faith and patience, but I love this liner and can't imagine myself being compelled to use anything else.

If you're able to get it on your lids precisely and evenly, then this comes highly recommended. This is definitely not for ladies who have no experience using advanced brushes on their faces, unless you feel like tackling a new technique. It takes patience, and practice makes perfect. And unless you're a true pro, this is NOT the product you want to use when you have 5 minutes to get out the door. It takes time.

Application struggles aside, the product itself is PERFECT. Seriously. It goes on so smoothly, then dries fast into a perfect black. It would stay on my lids for a week probably, if I never wanted to shower again. It does NOT budge. You'd think it would be a nightmare to remove, but it comes off just as easily as any other product. I am just in love with it. I will never go back to using a pencil on my lids. This is the best thing I ever took the time to learn how to use. It makes all the difference in the final appearance of my look. Try it out and take the time to master it, you'll be so happy you did. Also, no worries of it drying out in the container. A little goes a long way. I've had the pot for 4 months now and I'm not even 1/3 of the way through it. Go out and get you some! ;-)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

After vehemently trying every eye-liner under under the sun on my waterline, this is the only one that doesn't budge. It's reasonably priced, in a pot so you have the opportunity to use every last bit of product, and easy to throw in your make-up bag. The eye-liner does run a tad on the corner of my upper lashline, but that's nothing concealer won't fix. The brush is pointless, so I use a 208 brush from MAC to get a precise line. It comes in a myriad of brown shades and one black, but I recommend starting with black and working your way around the color chart (like I'm currently doing). Hopefully Clinique will come out with more eccentric colors (blue, purple, etc.), but for the mean time I'm a very satisfied customer.

on 11/11/2010 1:16:00 PM

Absolute pants! Goes on nicely but transfers and smudges like castrol gtx.even with primer and powder Awful avoid

on 10/26/2010 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm not sure how I never reviewed this product before. I purchased my first one many years ago and fell in love with how soft and malleable it was. I love the smokiness I can get with LM's Caviar, but that has lasting issues. This is such a user-friendly product. It wears better than MAC and BB, the lasting potential is not *as* long as BB, but this creates a much softer line whereas the BB often wears like dried out clay unless the pot is brand new. This is the consistency of room temp butter and applies very nicely, giving you plenty of time to smudge. That said, it will smudge if you're not careful and doesn't last the whole day, but unlike BB it wears in such a softer, lighter manner (the BB often looks like a heavy line of clay unless it's new, and if you try to smooth it out, often you're left with smudged gaps, the clinique formula thins out better and wears like a hybrid of LM's Caviar and a very new BB gel). Also, there is some flaking with the BB gel and it can really irritate my contacts, not so with this. Much more friendly for a sensitive eye. This is a gvreat price and the shelf life is considerably longer than any BB or MAC gel I've ever used.

in short, after using MAC, BB, CdP, you name it, this remains my fav for a perfect blend of softness and malleablity, as well as price & shelf-life; wish it were slightly longer wearing and less smudging, but I'll take not-irriated eyes and more $$ in my pocket to have to reapply (which it does very nicely).

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I bought this as I had relocated to a city that didn't have a MAC counter (boo-urns!) and needed a gel pot liner to replace it, as pencil liners are too chalky to do my signature cat-eye with.

So I bought Clinique's brush-on liner in True Black and have been using it for around 8 months now. How does it compare to MAC Blacktrack?

-It seems to be more slippery than Blacktrack, so it slides right on and is very easy to apply (I use a MAC 209 brush to do my eyeliner)
-However, it does seem to be a bit less pigmented and more transparent. It transfers on to your eyelids halfway through they day if they get oily, and leaves a smeary, "ghost-track" on the hood of your eye. You can slow down the wear of it by prepping your eyelids with matte foundation.
-It's just as, if not more, tenaciously water-resistant than Blacktrack, and still very.. very easy to remove with makeup remover! Yay!

I would recommend this as an alternative to my beloved HG of eyeliners in a pinch. But remember to prep before applying this eyeliner, and either blot or set your crease with translucent powder throughout the day so it doesn't wear off!

Hope this review helped!

- Alice

This Was My First Creme Eyeliner. I Like It Very Much. It Goes On Nicely, And It Is Dark(Atleast You Can Make It By Lightly Applying It Over You Line) I Love It. It Looks Very Smooth And Creamy And Makes My Small Green Eyes Look Big. I Would Definitely Recommend It. It Last A Long Time And By The End Of The Day I Just Grab A Q-Tip With A Lil Lotion And It Comes Right Off!

on 3/8/2010 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Brush-on Cream Liner is a gel eyeliner. The colour is absolutely true to it's name. It is black unlike MAC's Blacktrack Fluid Line which I find isn't as pigmented. I predominantly use this eyeliner on my waterline. It doesn't cause any irritation to my eyes despite being a contact lens wearer. It also stays put and I don't find myself reapplying every hour like I do with a pencil liner.

This eyeliner costs around 11 in the UK which I believe is very similarly priced to MAC.

The packaging is a small round pot with the Clinique logo on and silver lid. Perfect for a gel eyeliner.

Would I purchase this eyeliner again? Most definitely!