COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 8/7/2010 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good loose powder from the drugstore. I'm Soft Honey (same as in the whipped TruBlend foundation) and I really like it. It does have glitter flecks, which are a little annoying, but not really noticeable from a distance and I believe they help diffuse the light and promote the soft glow that this powder gives. It's great on top of foundation and concealer to set everything, which is a concept I never really bought into until I tried this powder. It's also really good on it's own as well.

Do not use the puff it comes with - so messy and useless. It's a bit messy still, but for the price I can live with messy :) I keep the puff in there, flip the powder upside down, then use a Kabuki brush to pick up product off the powder puff. Then use the brush to really work it into the skin in circular motions.

on 2/9/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I know I'm the minority...but I LOVE this loose powder! I just use a concealer over any blemishes I might have, then use a fluffy brush to apply this powder and my face is glowing and beautiful!!!! I will say, these run very dark, I use Fair and I've got a decent tan! Also, yes there is noticeable shimmer, but that's why I love it. The golden shimmer is only noticeable up close, but blurs imperfections and creates that baby skin kinda glow! It's not cakey, and minimizes pores, and helps absorb oil. One tub will last forever, but I'd definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 6/21/2008 1:54:00 AM

This is my official summer powder! I purchased in transparent light and while I do notice the hint of orange to the powder, it works for me. I run on the fair side (NC20) and a lot of powders tend to accentuate my pallor, but this one warms my complexion nicely. I don't notice any shimmer or glitter to it, but it does help further blend out my flaws. I actually use the powder puff that comes with the product because it feels nice across my skin and does a good job of distributing the product. For best use, sprinkle some powder into the lid and rub the puff into the lid to pick up the product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I don't understand the bad reviews on this, I love it. The shimmer doesn't bother me too much because it's very subtle. It blends really well and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

on 1/30/2007 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is not a matte powder. I have combo skin and use a matte powder to set my foundation and then use this over it as a highlighter in the translucent fair shade. It really does add a nice, warm, peachy glow to my PPP/LLL complexion. It is VERY shimmery, so a light hand is needed, but if you apply it lightly, it will look natural and lovely.

on 1/29/2007 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very nice loose powder. I was pleasantly surprised!!! It doesn't make my face very matte, which I don't need because I have normal skin. It makes the face look very natural. It has a slight shimmer, but not glittery. I wear NC45 in MAC and I purchased the translucent medium shade. I LOVE this powder and I hope it is not discontinued.