COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 9/5/2008 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. I'm not very good with makeup, so the fact that this is very sheer and forgiving is great for me. At first I didn't like the big puff, but now that I've learned how to maneuver it, it's fine. I use it alone, without foundation. I have pretty good skin to begin with, so I just use this to even out my skin tone when I start getting paler in the winter. The only problem is that it is a little bit orange-y, so you need to be really careful about applying it lightly, or else you'll look like you fake-baked! :)

on 8/19/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lots of powder, just shimmery enough for summer. It will make my nose matte for a while but after a few hours, it gets oily looking again. I don't like the powder puff that comes with it, it applies too heavily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not a powder that you can use without a foundation under it. I put this on top of my foundation when I feel like I need a powder. It's cheap and it's efficient. I use a kabuki brush and apply it just like I'd apply bare minerals. It doesn't give you the same coverage that BM does. Overall, this is a nice poweer that I'd buy again. The only downside is that there's too much sparkle in the powder.

on 2/12/2008 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a gorgeous powder with a nice texture. I purchased in Shimmering Sands, intending to use as a blush/body shimmer, but I've wound up lightly dusting it all over my face after using as a contour.

Do not use the useless puff that comes with it, use a powder brush. It has a lovely pearly finish, I am prone to rashes, inflammation and breakouts on my otherwise oily face and the shimmer really takes the attention away from uneven skin texture.

The packagaing can get a bit messy but it has never made a mess in my bag. As with all loose powders, you get a bit on your clothes but it's easy to brush off.

It's also easy to reapply when it's worn off, and doesn't look too bad. On me it lasts about 4 hours before I need to reapply. I will repurchase in different colours.

on 9/9/2007 10:15:00 AM

I see a lot of negative reviews for this product but I really like it. Like other users I have used BE in the past. I had a tub of the BE warmth but I always found it too dark for my fair complexion. I found a solution with this powder. I popped open the top of the BE warmth and added some of the CG Translucent Fair. I created my HG bronzer! Its a little lighter and has a little shimmer now. I also like the powder on its own, it adds a little color and shimmer. Its nice if you wear a matte foundation like I do.

LOVE this powder! It does not appear powdery AT ALL and it doesn't look or feel dry on your face. It does have a slight shimmer to it, but I like it, it doesn't seem too unatural. This powder also does a pretty good job of keeping me less oily (which is difficult, because I'm usually an oil slick!).

The ONLY thing I would change about this product is the color selection... the very lightest shade is too dark for me :( However, because I love this powder SO much, I decided to just use a lighter foundation shade, and then set with the powder. This usually balances out the tone. The lightest shade looks perfect on me when I have a slight tan :D

I purchased this as a cheaper alternative to Bare Minerals (love the stuff, but it's pricey!) I would recommend buying a shade LIGHTER than what you think you wear because the color is slightly darker that what you would expect. The powder does have a shimmery look to it (which I actually love--I think it's perfect for summer!) I rarely use the puff that comes with the product and opt for a loose powder brush instead. The coverage is fair.. I don't think this product covers redness and uneven skin tone as well as Bare Minerals. As I said before, this product does have a noticable shimmer... so it would make a great bronzer or shimmering powder (excellent for adding a little sparkle to your shoulders and chest!)

on 3/20/2007 9:50:00 AM

I bought this in hopes of brightening up my pasty, winter complexion. I have fair skin, so I purchased the translucent shade. I like it because it has a slight shimmer that radiates a glow. The puff that came with it is ok, but I use a retractable powder brush. When I retract the bristles to about halfway, then I get a firmer brush texture and I can apply more of the powder to areas I want to highlight; i.e.: cheekbones, eyebrows, down the center of my nose. Overall a great powder that does not make me look chalky or dry. Will definitely purchase again.

I saw this at the store, and although I don't usually like powders, I was tempted to buy it. I got it in the light, pink shade. I can't remember the name. It comes in a pretty good size container, with a little puff. I had a really big problem opening the jar. The lid is really cheap and very tight, so it takes forever to take off. But other than that I really like it, since it is not at all ovbious you have powder on.

on 12/1/2006 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i got the fair. i like it so far. it's powder that does not make my face matte. shimmery, a bit sparkly, but not fake or glittery looking. i don't normally wear powder, so hopefully this will hold my concealor and blush till the end of the day! I'll update cha!