COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 3/2/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This product was really not that great. For my oily skin with medium pores, it seems to highlight my blackheads and make my face shiny pretty quickly. The puff really sucks....it picks up way too much powder. Would not repurchase.

I use as my setting powder after my foundation and it makes my skin look flawless though though I do have to reapply halfway through the day
I threw out the puff that came with it and use my BM total face brush instead

I personally like the slight shimmer in it. it's not too much but reflects the light enough too hide the tiny inperfections on my face

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product isn't very good. It covers very nicely at first, and skin looks flawless. After about 2 hours it makes your skin very very oily, I would swipe my finger down the bridge of my nose and my finger would then be wet and very shiny. If you have dry patches, or if you picked at your face and theres a little scab, the makeup will stick right to it and make it extremely noticable. The only thing this is good for is covering up redness. So you can be red and dry or even and severely oily.

This is loose powder from the Trublend line. You get a lot of product for the price, and I think this will last me a long time. I purchased this in translucent fair (I'm NC 20-25) and the color is great. It's got shimmery particles, the "luminous" aspect. This is an ok product that I wouldn't repurchase. The packaging is very flimsy, and the cap get cracked very easily. The product itself is too shimmery for my taste. It looks nice at first but just makes my skin look oily after about an hour. The powder itself is too gritty. Maybe if it was more finely milled I would like it better. There are better loose powders out there.

I like this product when my skin is oily but when i have dry patches it sticks to them making my skin extremely uneven. I love the shimmer its a very nice touch. The colors are definitely off. I used the translucent fair and it wasn't fair at all. It would be nice in the summer but i wouldn't be able to wear it any other time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a terrible powder, just not a great one. The shades are deceivingly dark; I bought Translucent Fair and it looks more like a bronzer. The packaging is kind of chintzy, a plain plastic jar with a plastic sifter. Not the best at absorbing oil; there seems to be some shimmer or iridescence to the powder that just makes me look shiny. I will use this up, especially seeing as summer is here and some color to my face looks good, but I would highly recommend Coty Airspun Fragrance-Free as a better drugstore alternative, and a better value.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a basic daytime setting powder so I bought this in Transluscent medium. I thought this was too shimmery for a natural daytime look so I use it for evenings. ( I didn't read the packaging carefully and will now avoid anything with the word "Luminous".) It adds a tan color to my face like a medium bronzer so I probably should have bought the Transluscent Light instead of this. I hate that it gets all over my light colored clothing so I have to stick to black and brown colors if I want to use this. Not crazy about it myself but it is a good quality powder for $8 if you are looking for a shimmery glowy look.

on 1/11/2015 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use this years ago and recently came back to it. I really like it, just not as an overall powder. I use this on my cheeks to set my highlight since it is super sparkly. Like too sparkly to use all over my face. The shade range is also not good. Even the so called "translucent" powder seems dark on my fair skin. And I'm not all that fair. But the formula is nice, it's easy to blend and is a great setting powder for my blush and highlighter. Because I use it so sparingly, it lasts forever, so the price is okay for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this powder! It makes my skin look nice and glowy. Alone it covers up my pimples somewhat so it has somewhat good coverage. I dont really care for the sparkle,but I dont mind it.

I hate when I read the reviews first because it puts me in a bad mindset when a product I like gets low reviews (vise versa), but I really do like this powder.. I have clear skin so I don't need anything with MAX coverage, and I am fair complected so it's nice and sheer, before this I barely wore make up at all so it's great..
I use it with a short powder brush, and the coverage is great.. I don't reapply because I don't like my pores to feel dirty

all in all I like this product : )