COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

COVERGIRL TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 11/24/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for too long, and the only reason I've never switched is because the only new foundation-related products I buy are liquid foundations. However, it is way too sparkly, and the color selection was too limited. It does a good job in general of setting face makeup, but since mine is too dark (and too sparkly) for me, it's not doing it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I have a love/hate relationship with this powder.
I love that it keeps my oil under control during the day.
I hate the sparkles! drives me nuts
I hate that if you use just a hair too much you can look orange.
I love that its very blendable

Overall, I probably will buy this again if I can't find a better powder.

on 5/10/2011 4:01:00 AM

you get a lot of product for the price. there arent many colors to choose from. i used to use this powder when i was younger..and have recently rediscovered it. it is quite shimmery but i dont really mind it. i have it in the color translucent light....and for a "light" powder it is pretty dark..a lil too dark for me but ive been blending it in real well. i use it with my elf complexion brush.

on 3/10/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

The product wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. The powder gave me an over all summer glow because of the golden shimmer. I dusted it over my foundation and concealer but it didn't give me much of an impression. It rubbed of after 2 hours and the packaging was so bad that it left me speechless. I use it now to quickly dust it on my arms and legs in the summer for a shimmery tanned look.

on 1/2/2010 8:05:00 PM

Meh... I won't say it was an awful product, but it wasn't fabulous.
I bought this when a) I had no money -- I think it was only around $8.00 CAD or something? and b) when Walmart -- the great store that it is -- didn't have alot of other choice of powder.
To start, it's messy. I hate the powder puffs that come with the package, so being ever so smart, I threw it away, keeping in mind that I had a real powder brush. Not a good idea. Now, I cannot take this product in my travels because the lid will fall off (poor packaging) and the powder will come through the holes and get everywhere. And it's sparkly... I guess a down side of CoverGirl, more targeted for 11 year olds I suppose...
I did like this because it was light, matched my fair skin tone (I bought the 005 Translucent Fair), and it was cheap.
I will not be buying this again, but it was too bad

on 11/19/2008 3:56:00 AM

I first bought this product for the summer. I tend to tan very easily in the summer then get pale in the winter. so i bought the translucent medium but i never thought it would be so dark. the other translucent medium in the natural loose power is lighter. though it took some getting use to i love it. it can seriously last the whole year so the price is great! also you have to learn how to apply just a little and go over it with a clean powder brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I really like the coverage of this powder. I apply my concealer, then the powder using a kabuki brush. It looks beautiful. At first, I didn't care for the "glitter", but it's a good luck in the summer time.

on 7/5/2008 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this powder on the recommendation of my hair stylist. She swore by it, so I had to try it out. I was using B.E. Mineral Veil, beforehand. I didn't see anything that stood out about this powder. As a matter of fact, I actually have another powder from a few years ago from Cover Girl, that's the exact same thing. It's their Translucent Loose Powder. I don't know if they still sell it, but personally I think it's the same product, with a different label. Cover Girl's trying to jump on the mineral makeup bandwagon, but it doesn't compare to Bare Minerals. Anyway, it's a good powder, if you're looking for an affordable finishing powder to set your foundation, but other than that it won't transform your complexion like Bare Minerals does for me.

on 6/25/2008 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OKAYY SO LIKE I MEAN I USE THIS PRODUCT IT WORKS WELL ...BUT IT WONT LAST FIVE HOURS BEFORE IT STARTS TO GET OILY ON MY SKIN..WELL FIRST I HAD PREVIOUS ACNE SO I HAVE DARK SPOTS I USE CONCEALER GREAT COVERAGE BUT ..THEN I APPLY THE TRUBLEND AND IT GOES GREAT I HEAD TA WORK OR TO THE MALL AND EXPECT THIS TO LAST IT DOES NOT I FEEL LIKE I JUSS PUT BABYOIL ALL OVER MY NOSE AND CHEEKS ..SO I AM DEF LOOKING FOR A NEW PRODUCT ANY SUGGESTIONS..??

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I gave it a try because I like loose powders and I had a coupon to buy it when it was on sale as buy one get one free. It has a slight shimmer which would probably look great on someone who has flawless skin. Unfortunately, I am not one of them. I have visible pores on my t-zone area and this luminous powder seems to accentuate them, especially when my face starts getting a little oily. I constantly had to touch up my t-zone area to keep from looking to shiny. I also noticed that if you aren't perfect at applying your foundation, the powder shows it. Sometimes I couldn't tell until I went outside and looked at my makeup. It has a slight orange color that almost looks a little like bronzer or something. Anyway, won't buy it again even if it's on sale.